Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#99,445 ·
Can you really send the carpets through the washer? I had been wondering how I was going to clean them.
I'll find out tomorrow lol. I have 2 40lb front load washers at work so I figured I'd give it a shot. If it doesn't work they haven't been in the jeep for 2 years so it won't be a terrible loss.

#99,451 ·
Can you really send the carpets through the washer? I had been wondering how I was going to clean them.
I'll find out tomorrow lol. I have 2 40lb front load washers at work so I figured I'd give it a shot. If it doesn't work they haven't been in the jeep for 2 years so it won't be a terrible loss.
To follow up, yes it works however you wouldn't be able to do it easily in a household washer. It took me 4 loads to get them done cold wash, no extract cycle on a delicate wash. Then followed up by about an hour in the dryer with the temperature set to 100 degrees.

#99,457 ·
#99,458 ·
Started the tear down. Collision repair

Most/all of the body panels are off. Now I need to pull/disassemble the axle and inspect the tcase to see where it's pissing from. Never done either before, so wish me luck!

And if anyone knows if I need some sort of ball joint press / special tools for the u joints / slide hammer / etc I'm all ears :)