What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4970 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #74536
Gunner13
2002 TJ Wrangler 

oh they were told. there was no question of who was at fault though. the cops were clearly on my side.

Gunner13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #74537
frankiejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
In other words, plasti-dipped my rims today.
Ha! I just came here to say the same thing. I was cleaning the Jeep getting ready to sell it but by the end of the day I fell back in love!

frankiejr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #74538
Malebolgia
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new Magnaflow down pipe and Catalytic converter today. The rust was an absolute pain but the job is done.
Malebolgia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #74539
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well that's good then.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #74540
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiejr View Post
Ha! I just came here to say the same thing. I was cleaning the Jeep getting ready to sell it but by the end of the day I fell back in love!

Haha. Don't think I could ever sell mine. Nice looking Jeep for sure though!
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #74541
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good day in the garage.

New Currie drag link and pitman arm TRE.

3/4" spacer in the front

Swapped the OME coils to the proper sides. I messed up two years ago but never had reason to swap them till now.

Countersunk the bolts in my ruffstuff diff cover.

Rubber bushings from brown dog to replace the poly bushings In my ruffstuff crossmember kit.

Tomorrow need to pick up and replace an O2 sensor.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #74542
homebrwd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went to a technical skills day put on by the local club. Got the chance to learn how to hand the jeep and see where some of my short falls are with metal cloaks, 33s and stock suspension.

homebrwd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #74543
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner13
oh they were told. there was no question of who was at fault though. the cops were clearly on my side.
Did you go to hospital? That makes a huge difference in settlement. I had an old lady run a stop sign and pull out in front o me on my motorcycle. Totaled bike, head went through rear passenger window, flew over car, knocked off both bumpers, destroyed whole passenger side of her car and flattened the rear passenger tire...but I did not get more than a scratch on one leg so although they had to spine-board me to the hospital bc of protocol, I walked out like 30min later. Got $3000 for the bike and $3000 for the settlement...they said I would have gotten more if I had stayed in the hospital longer. I'm not the kind of person who likes to try to screw people over but when someone is careless and stupid enough to do something like that, they at least deserve to eat it on insurance. Best part was, as they were loading me into the ambulance, the old lady was only concerned about who was going to change her flat tire...never asked if I was ok....people....
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #74544
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner13 View Post
Wrecked it. I got hit by an old lady who went straight thru the turn. Ripped the axle mounts off. Savvy arms are fine.snapped the axle in too. Shifted the body on the frame. Most likely totaled.rear of the frame is trashed. Im ok. Aside from the concussion and tweaked back. I smashed my head on the roll bar. Ill post picks latter.
Wow - Sorry to hear it. Glad you are not too bad off. Hopefully they will total it and she'll be buying you a new one. Good luck
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #74545
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner13 View Post
Ill find out next week. Which way my insurance is gonna go. Accident was one hundred % not my fault so im hoping it will move kinda quickly and get resolved.
If they total it - Ask them how much they will take for you to keep it (if you do want to try and fix it, or part it out). It may be a really small amount. I've had insurance company's hand me a check and deduct $150 from the price, letting me keep the vehicle.
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #74546
loco_el
1988 YJ Wrangler 

was that jeep on craigslist a while back? nice looking jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiejr View Post

my cousin rolled over his jeep,

loco_el is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #74547
MinnesotaBill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I bought a 2'' suspension lift,5 new Dick sepic 17'' wheels,nerfbars and 5 new 255x75-17''bfg 's

for my new 2006 Lj
MinnesotaBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #74548
hermantherugger
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finished my "custom" exhaust install, melted a rear sway bar bushing with a turn-down that was too close

Re-vamped my turn down with a piece from the old down-pipe and all is well. Jeep sounds great with the magnaflow downpipe/cat kit and a 6" diameter magnaflow muffler!
hermantherugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #74549
Gunner13
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD06X View Post
If they total it - Ask them how much they will take for you to keep it (if you do want to try and fix it, or part it out). It may be a really small amount. I've had insurance company's hand me a check and deduct $150 from the price, letting me keep the vehicle.
thats the plan.. i did go to the hospital. definetly feeling like my axle tonight though....
Gunner13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #74550
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Haha. Don't think I could ever sell mine. Nice looking Jeep for sure though!
Am i the only one that has the thought "I should put it in reverse and back over that jack *ss's hood" when you find someone parked that close behind you?

On Topic - Wheeled it. on this trail (sorry crappy quick phone video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz9A_...ature=youtu.be
Ended the day with a chicken sammich on the way home..
photo-10-.jpg  

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.