What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4967 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #74491
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

The owner drives the green Rubitrux with a 5.9 hemi. The Boss Huff had a sold sticker on the front window.

DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #74492
rhovater
2000 TJ Wrangler 

worked on my swap today trying to wrap everything up...getting there.
rhovater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #74493
johnxjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I changed the exhaust header a few months back and CEL came on, I tried to locate the leak but no luck so I kept driving her since it did not affect the performance.

Well it fixed it's self.
CEL went out.
johnxjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #74494
BigYellow04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Exactly. All they do is allow dirt and dust to pass into the engine, which is no bueno for your cylinders. It seems we have to tell another person on here every week.
Mine had a k&n on it when I bought it, can't seem to find any jeeps in junkyards around here to grab a stock one. Also need rear seat belts as the PO must have had a dog that they allowed to chew on the belts...
BigYellow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #74495
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellow04

Mine had a k&n on it when I bought it, can't seem to find any jeeps in junkyards around here to grab a stock one. Also need rear seat belts as the PO must have had a dog that they allowed to chew on the belts...
What color seatbelts are you looking for? I have a set of gray ones I would part with

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #74496
BigYellow04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface

What color seatbelts are you looking for? I have a set of gray ones I would part with
Need black ones, all black interior, I could get new ones but I don't want to pay 100 some bucks. The one JY I thought would have some wranglers only had one and said it had been sitting there for a long time and not much left to it.

Think I may try to go there next weekend anyways and see if they have any jeeps regardless of what the guy says on the phone.

Should probably check out daveya jeeps since they are in Ohio and see if I can snag a pair from them. Jut hate gettin on there site because I see a bunch of items I want to buy lol.
BigYellow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #74497
98TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For seat belts (or anything for that matter) check out http://www.oly4x4.com/ go into "vehicles for sale" then click on the "parting out" tab. They usually have a lot of wranglers. Once I have the funds for a hard top and full doors and a full console, that's where I'm calling.

OT I put the windows back on yesterday as the rain season started. Makes me want to cry.
Unread 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #74498
shnobi24
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did the winter tune up, oil , plugs filter etc.
shnobi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #74499
ih8pepl73
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm staring at mine out front. I have nowhere to go - even though the weather is gorgeous today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_TwStD_1 View Post
Procrastination's a lot like masturbation. It's all fun and games until you realize you're only screwing yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
The lines on half doors make extra sex compared to full doors
ih8pepl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #74500
johnrmclean
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8pepl73 View Post
I'm staring at mine out front. I have nowhere to go - even though the weather is gorgeous today!
Just DRIVE!
98 TJ, 82 El Camino tactical support vehicle, 2001 supercharged S 2000, 1979 MGB 350 ci/400hp small block Chevy, 1947 Studebaker pick up/future Rat Ride, 2001 Sebring Convertible, 28' Baja Offsore, 2 seados and a 17' fishing boat...
johnrmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #74501
moonlight
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Over the last two days I:

Had a friend help me install these lights

and after much discussion, he did an awesome job putting the switch on my ashtray blank.

then I had my front end Linex'd

and added these decals
I've loved my TJ longer than either of my husbands!
moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #74502
catmechanic
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Gutted the front diff to replace axle shaft seals and also replaced the air fitting for my locker that I broke while doing the upper CA bushings a few weeks back. Then refilled with fresh royal purple.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #74503
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKenyon28 View Post
I've been on business in Burlington, NC all week and on my way up I saw a place in Boone, NC called RubiTrux Unlimited and stopped but they were closed. These are some badass Jeeps, they were RubiTrux with 5.9 Hemis in em. MEAN SOBS! Anyway I needed a new adjustable track bar and their sales guy told me on Wednesday that they had Rubicon Express in stock but when I got there today, they had used the last one earlier this week. Oh well guess I'll keep trying to find a used one on here for cheaper.
Quite a few years ago some Marine buddies and I took a road trip up to Boone. There's a "christian" school called Lee's McRae, where our buddy knew some girls. It was a good weekend

OP: I didn't do it today, but I put this on. Pretty sure mileage has gotten even worse since I applied it. Ha!

Unread 09-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #74504
johnrmclean
1998 TJ Wrangler 

fair removal

Started to try and remove the screws that hold the wheel flairs on. So they supposedly upgraded, sort of, from the wacked plastic back retainers on the YJ's to metal ..stil a major pain in butt to remove plus the side extensions have scews where there is no access to the backs so your only option is to cut them off ..now figure out how to get up under the flair with a cutting wheel or grinder ... what a waste of time ..sorry for winning ..but still sucks......somebody needs to kick some Chrysler engineers in the ***...that's what happens when you have non jeep/truck/car guys who never work themselves on these vehicles doing the engineering...
98 TJ, 82 El Camino tactical support vehicle, 2001 supercharged S 2000, 1979 MGB 350 ci/400hp small block Chevy, 1947 Studebaker pick up/future Rat Ride, 2001 Sebring Convertible, 28' Baja Offsore, 2 seados and a 17' fishing boat...
johnrmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #74505
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jLowrey83 View Post
Quite a few years ago some Marine buddies and I took a road trip up to Boone. There's a "christian" school called Lee's McRae, where our buddy knew some girls. It was a good weekend

OP: I didn't do it today, but I put this on. Pretty sure mileage has gotten even worse since I applied it. Ha!

Yeah hahaha , Boone isn't exactly where you'd think a Christian school would be. I mean it's nothing bad going on there but not your typical Christian school place I would think.
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.