What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4958 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #74356
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

27 freaking days later, they've arrived. It's definitely a kid selling these things. He only realized I'd ordered them after ebay opened a dispute with him.

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #74357
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Took my doors off for the first time..at least while riding as I just purchased the some light switch clips. Looks great but I'm not sure that I read the mirror laws in Ga correctly and I parked next to cop today. Law says I must have a mirror that allows me to see the rear and street at least 200ft, I have rear view mirror but no side mirrors so I guess we will see. I googled it and most say you need at least two mirrors so I dunno.

image-2865087603.jpg
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #74358
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VME View Post
Jones, what rear bumper is that?

Damn, I'm too scared to cut into my jeep, but I want the LEDs so bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post
I'll answer for him...

Rampage
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12026_301X_PG.htm

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using JeepForum
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #74359
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX View Post
Took my doors off for the first time..at least while riding as I just purchased the some light switch clips. Looks great but I'm not sure that I read the mirror laws in Ga correctly and I parked next to cop today. Law says I must have a mirror that allows me to see the rear and street at least 200ft, I have rear view mirror but no side mirrors so I guess we will see. I googled it and most say you need at least two mirrors so I dunno.
I think you're gonna be fine. I drove around Ga for like 3 weeks without a tag once. I just couldn't seem to make it up to woodbine to get it

Here in Fl, they could really give a sh*t. But I still sprung for some Rugged Ridge mirror movers. I like them, very factory look. There's some other routes you could take as well. There's the motorcycle mirror in the door hinge trick, and I've also seen people stick those convex spot mirrors to the inside of their windshields.

Here's mine

Oh, and that's a VERY good looking Jeep you've got there. Love that color, especially with the beefy black fenders. Tube theme is cool too. However my friend, zombies aren't real
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #74360
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan21
Spent WAYYY too much time reading THIS forum; I don't think my girl is happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedJeeper

I hear ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain

The girlfriend mod is best removed before it becomes the wife mod... ESPECIALLY if she isnt all-in with your Jeep like you are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by morr

hahaha very ture. she likes my jeep untill i have to fix something or want to upgrade parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morr

thanks man . i will have to do some research on here befor my next project
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using JeepForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikencide

True story.. I am lucky my wifey is all in.. keeps telling me how we need a lift and bigger tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX

My fiancÚ likes my jeep, and she is fine with me upgrading...she only gets mad when we don't see each other all week because of grad schools and then I spend all weekend working on the jeep...she still loves both of us though haha
Mine says I need a more "gnarly" lookin tire.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahnPaters

LOL, naw, thank god it isn't poop. it's leftovers from taking the Jeep swimming on Saturday. all the interior floors have sand like that also, the water got a bit deep, even for my taste (especially without a snorkel). got some cleaning to do!
If you've been deep in the water have you extended the t-case and trans breather hoses? Most stock Jeeps have at least one of them tied to the top of the trans.

OT:

Got my Poison Spyder hood louver today! I know what I'm doin Saturday.....

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #74361
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jLowrey83

I think you're gonna be fine. I drove around Ga for like 3 weeks without a tag once. I just couldn't seem to make it up to woodbine to get it

Here in Fl, they could really give a sh*t. But I still sprung for some Rugged Ridge mirror movers. I like them, very factory look. There's some other routes you could take as well. There's the motorcycle mirror in the door hinge trick, and I've also seen people stick those convex spot mirrors to the inside of their windshields.

Here's mine

Oh, and that's a VERY good looking Jeep you've got there. Love that color, especially with the beefy black fenders. Tube theme is cool too. However my friend, zombies aren't real
Yet...they aren't real yet! Haha just kidding, I just got them as a running joke with my family and friends. I use the zombie apocalypse to buy new guns, you can never be too safe.

OT: I plan on buying those exact rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets today if the local supplier has them. If not I may put doors back on for a few days while I order them
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #74362
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Acuater pin went, left me stranded in the rain mad at my jeep for the moment and waiting for auto zone to call me to come pick my part up. Love starting my jeep with a screwdriver.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #74363
dangerz
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
Got my Poison Spyder hood louver today! I know what I'm doin Saturday.....
That's a fun install. Post pics when you're done.
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #74364
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan on buying those exact rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets today if the local supplier has them. If not I may put doors back on for a few days while I order them
Good plan. I put mine on, and they stay on. When I put my doors back on(rarely), I just swap the mirrors back to the doors. The brackets are far enough outta the way that nothing will touch them.

However, BE VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THE TORX SCREWS. They are painted in there, along with Loc-Tite. I got 3 out successfully only by hanging my 165lb @ss down on the ratchet. The 4th one stripped. So, I would stick a center punch in the head and give it a whack or two. See my antics here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/r...screw-1354746/
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #74365
97tjfan1

I just bought a 97' TJ, first thing I did was put new rotors and drums on it, it had new brake pads but needed the new stuff to be effective!
97tjfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #74366
sikencide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Let my friend use it to go to a job interview.. later on i had to jump it because he had left the lights on when he went in for said interview.. oh yeah it was in the pouring rain too.
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #74367
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFTC View Post
Pics! Need to know if I'm gonna copy this too LOL!!
Here is one, hope you like

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #74368
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade88 View Post
Acuater pin went, left me stranded in the rain mad at my jeep for the moment and waiting for auto zone to call me to come pick my part up. Love starting my jeep with a screwdriver.
Mine went 2 days ago, I keep a couple spares around from the local pick and pull

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #74369
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jLowrey83

Good plan. I put mine on, and they stay on. When I put my doors back on(rarely), I just swap the mirrors back to the doors. The brackets are far enough outta the way that nothing will touch them.

However, BE VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THE TORX SCREWS. They are painted in there, along with Loc-Tite. I got 3 out successfully only by hanging my 165lb @ss down on the ratchet. The 4th one stripped. So, I would stick a center punch in the head and give it a whack or two. See my antics here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/r...screw-1354746/
So I'm guessing you cannot see the mirrors from the new brackets with the doors on?
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #74370
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I'm guessing you cannot see the mirrors from the new brackets with the doors on?
Correct. I was hopeful that I'd be able to, and just delete the mirror brackets on the doors. But with the mirrors moved forward onto the windshield, the doors hit them. If you tilt them out of the way of the door swing, you can't see a thing out of them. So I'm forced to do the mirror swap dance every time I put on or take off my doors.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.