What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 488 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #7306
GzrGlide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull
A buddy of mine that works in a powder coating shop did some free work for me today. I took the windshield hinges, and one side of the door hinges off today, and spent about 3 hours sanding with air tools and a dremel. Once all that was done, he painted them a semi-gloss black for me, they turned out very nice.

Oh, and he painted a steel "mud flap girl" for me too. Another friend of mine owns a shop with a plasma cutter.
I love powder coating!!! I've had a buddy coat a bunch of Harley parts as well as the jeeps bumper and tire carrier! He even did all the prep work onthe parts.

Plasma Cutters are cool!!!!!
I use the one in our shop once in a while and it's great!

RE 4.5SF with 3.5 springs & Tera QDFTs
Super 35 & Detroit in back w/4.88s
33x10.5 BFG KM2's
Cobra 75WXST w/4' Wilson Antenna
Warn M8000
(1) Rubber Ducky
GzrGlide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #7307
GzrGlide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27
How much of a pain in the *** was it taking them off and putting them back on? Been thinking about swapping to stainless because mine are rusting a little, and I love the black hinges on a silver/grey Jeep. Now you've got to do the door hinges too.
If you're going to buy stainless hinges anyway, check with Kentrol. They sell some/all of their stuff in a black version too. When I replaced our tailgate hinges I got the black ones and they look fabulous 2 or three years later.
RE 4.5SF with 3.5 springs & Tera QDFTs
Super 35 & Detroit in back w/4.88s
33x10.5 BFG KM2's
Cobra 75WXST w/4' Wilson Antenna
Warn M8000
(1) Rubber Ducky
GzrGlide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #7308
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Happy Friday!

After a recent trip to the Badlands where I scratched the right side rocker panel, I repainted them both today with Krylon. They look much better!

Plus I took off my Rusty's Radiator Skid, as I am still getting some noise, which my dealer thinks it's the skid making the noise as the frame flexes. I'll see if the noise continues or not. I just want to make sure that it's not really the steering? See this post for the story:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/issue-rustys-radiator-skid-444389/

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #7309
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I found a used Teraflex belly up skid at a great price. Unfortunately it will sit in my garage until next spring's modifications which include a 1" body lift and motor mount lift, a Novak t-case shifter, and shaving my Dana 60.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #7310
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Washed it for the first time in a while, and put the soft top on. Going to spend the weekend in Rancho Mirage, CA with the family (they are already out there) so I figured it would be nice to be able to effectively use the air conditioning!

Also nailed down the source of my drive line vibration (thanks mrb. for the help!). My front drive shaft has apparently had one too many meetings with various rocks and is out of balance, so I'm two-wheel drive only for a little while. Need to either get mine rebalanced, or find a replacement one.
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #7311
Rossta

I got the build sheet for my TJ. It only took Chrysler about 2 days to send it to me.
Rossta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #7312
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brice014
Just got a visit from the Fedex guy, to deliver my new tires!

if you couldn't tell i'm extremely happy right now!

edit: 10 minutes later the UPS guy shows up with the lift!

this day can't get better!
Pics..................?!

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #7313
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089
Pics..................?!
with pleasure...

New Maxxis Bighorns!

(thanks to mferrari for the lift, a little beat up but got a hell of a deal on it!)
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #7314
gimme_fuel
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Black headlight bezels, black grill inserts, black gas lid cover. also included pic of rear bumper I installed a few days ago

[COLOR="Black"]()_)-()_)-o-)_) [/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Green Jeep Club Member #186[/COLOR]
gimme_fuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #7315
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Used it to run to the hardware store to pick up some o-rings for my Bandit 1200s forks which i replaced the bushings and seals on today. Haven't ridden it yet, but they feel so much tighter now. HOO HOO, no more wobbles, I hope!
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #7316
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brice014
with pleasure...

New Maxxis Bighorns!

(thanks to mferrari for the lift, a little beat up but got a hell of a deal on it!)
That's some nice looking rubber right there!

(get your mind out of the gutter)

Be sure an dpost pics when you get everything on. You're gonna love those shocks!

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #7317
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cut out rear cross member to get it ready for new stronger one with recovery points.

silvergoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #7318
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back to college yesterday, went to the college store and bought some stickers and a front plate. I go to ECU by the way. Oh, and ordered some Olympic reverse-a-bars for the Jeep today, should be here in a week or two...
PiratECU23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #7319
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat
Cut out rear cross member to get it ready for new stronger one with recovery points.

click free
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #7320
FL 4.0L

Changed the TPS. Like how they faced it toward the firewall and put it behind the TB. Used the imprint on my finger to find it is a torx. Broke a torx bit. Still only took 10 mins. Hopefully it will eliminate a dead spot when accelerating.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.