What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4828 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #72406
MrWhitaker0619
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Changed out the battery and starter when she didn't want to start in an autozone parking lot. It's amazing what u can do with just a gerber tool.

Fuel [COLOR="blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Interco[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]Besttop[/COLOR]- [COLOR="Red"]Kicker[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Blue"]JVC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="White"]CORBEAU[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Black"]Tuffy[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]KC[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]L.O.D[/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]PSC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Silver"] Rubicon Express[/COLOR] - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Viking[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Warn[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Gibson[/COLOR][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][COLOR="blue"]/l ,[___],
l--L --OlllllO-
[COLOR="Black"]()_) ()_)[COLOR="Blue"]-o-[/COLOR])_)[/COLOR][/COLOR][INDENT]03 TJ X[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
MrWhitaker0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #72407
RDHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX View Post
Finally got my jeep back today. Also sold some antique farm equipment I pulled out of our woods to make some money for upgrades. Then, ironically, while rummaging through one of my grandfathers old barns I found this piece of off-road history! Now I don't have to buy one, just refinish this one, it still works great, and I am pretty sure it's gotta be between 20-30 years old...I don't remember it being bought while I was around.
Probably more robust than the ones you can buy today
" Insert really witty or insightful saying here. " - [COLOR="Red"][B]Red Jeep Club # 637[/B][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club # 249[/COLOR][/B] - [URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/116230693616460044990/JeepAdventures?authuser=0&feat=directlink"][SIZE="4"]Lucy's Adventures[/SIZE][/URL]
RDHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #72408
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZY1
Can you use a Frame PH 8 filter in place of a PH16 oil filter?
Yes

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #72409
RDHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling on Kingston Peak Trail from Moffat end toward St. Mary/Alice.

Hot (90s F) in the city, 48F and raining on top.

Very eventful day in the mountains. Had to pull a Nissan Titan back onto the trail. He got too close to the edge and was afraid to flop it. IDK why? It's only about 1000 to 1500 feet to the bottom. That's him, the little black thing on the trail, headed up.

Then went to Cumberland Gulch and happened on a group of ATV's with an unconscious girl. Altitude got to her and she fell off the ATV. Took her down to the road to meet EMS. She was ok once the lights came back on. Then went over to Balfour Fork and watched the Sheriff nearly flop his Tahoe backin down the trail to let me by. I laughed! He said 'got a little ugly there for a sec'

Finally got to eat lunch.

" Insert really witty or insightful saying here. " - [COLOR="Red"][B]Red Jeep Club # 637[/B][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club # 249[/COLOR][/B] - [URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/116230693616460044990/JeepAdventures?authuser=0&feat=directlink"][SIZE="4"]Lucy's Adventures[/SIZE][/URL]
RDHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #72410
FZY1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post
Yes

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Thank you I will do that upgrade the next oil change. They looked really similar in dimensions.

Changed oil, added Marvel Mystery Oil too.
FZY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #72411
homebrwd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBDUB468 View Post
Color matched and mounted Hi-Lift heck on hood w/Quadratec mounts.
Also Swag tailgate kit which is very handy for seating, beer drkn, hauling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
How bad was the gate install? I should be doing mine next weekend.

Picked up my Metal Cloak arched fenders to be installed next weekend as well. I got my Savvy offroad LED tails installed last night along with the ORO plate lights to go with the custom relocator Eddie made for me with my bumper/tire carrier.
homebrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #72412
DUBDUB468
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrwd

How bad was the gate install? I should be doing mine next weekend.

Picked up my Metal Cloak arched fenders to be installed next weekend as well. I got my Savvy offroad LED tails installed last night along with the ORO plate lights to go with the custom relocator Eddie made for me with my bumper/tire carrier.
Not bad at all, just took my time. The kit is well thought out, I give it up to Swag!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #72413
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Took it to get the headunit and amp installed. Then came back and put the speakers in myself. Sounds so good now. GREAT improvement over stock.

Alpine CDE-121 HU
Alpine Power Pack amp
Polk DB521 (front)
Polk DB651 (rear)

Yes you can still use the factory speaker covers on the 6.5" in the rear. Now to work on getting subs.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #72414
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brplatz View Post
Wheeled her on Black Bear and Imogene.
Awesome scenery!
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #72415
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Inhaled the off-gassing from the rust oleum bed liner all day... Blech!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #72416
dmj13
All Jeep'd up.

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain
Photo of said bumper chop.
What did you use to cut the bumper? Grinding wheel? Debating doing it, but only have a dremel w/cutting wheel. Seems insufficient.
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #72417
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Took the top down.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #72418
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my driver's airbag and pb blaster every nut and bolt that I could find
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #72419
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZY1 View Post
Can you use a Frame PH 8 filter in place of a PH16 oil filter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZY1 View Post
Thank you I will do that upgrade the next oil change. They looked really similar in dimensions.

Changed oil, added Marvel Mystery Oil too.
Better yet - get a Wix 51515 filter; the Fram filters are far too cheaply constructed for my peace of mind. The longer filter fits nicely, the only difference between the 1/2-quart factory spec and the 1-qt PH16/51515 is the length of the can, and additional filtering surface. I've run the larger filters for years on my XJs, and replaced with a larger one on my first LJ oil change as well.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #72420
MrWhitaker0619
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got bored so I chopped up my flares.

forumrunner_20120813_171810.jpg
Fuel [COLOR="blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Interco[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]Besttop[/COLOR]- [COLOR="Red"]Kicker[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Blue"]JVC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="White"]CORBEAU[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Black"]Tuffy[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]KC[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]L.O.D[/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]PSC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Silver"] Rubicon Express[/COLOR] - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Viking[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Warn[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Gibson[/COLOR][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][COLOR="blue"]/l ,[___],
l--L --OlllllO-
[COLOR="Black"]()_) ()_)[COLOR="Blue"]-o-[/COLOR])_)[/COLOR][/COLOR][INDENT]03 TJ X[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
MrWhitaker0619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.