What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 461 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #6901
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped out my full steel doors for the lower halves of my full soft doors. Getting ready to go wheelin' up in the mountains this Saturday!

Also replaced my broken down worn out stock seats for another set of stock seats that are in near-new condition. What a difference in comfort! The main problem with the old seats was on the left edge of the drivers seat, where it had basically worn out from getting in and out of it all the time. SOMEDAY, I'll get me some Mastercraft seats!

my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #6902
TJ Tod
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This was a good Jeep week.
Swapped out the hinges....cannot believe they didn't paint underneith.
the tailgate metal was seriously corroded, where they put aluminum hinges on top of unpainted steel... can you say electrolosis??
Painted the bumpers, wheel well extensions and spare tire carrier.
Swapped the last chrome item...the headlight basels. I am now mono-cchromatic !
Cheers
TJ Tod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #6903
osudelt69
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a Bestop Replace-a-top for the Jeep
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #6904
hutch1973

Took the 5.25's out of the soundbar and replaced with a 6.5". Adapted the 5.25's to the front end to replace the 4x6's (or whatever they are). Sounds good, don't notice a huge difference between the 5.25's and the 4x6's (Same name brand Infinity Speakers), but that will change once I get around to putting the amp in.

Probably get around to throwing the 4x6's and their adapters on ebay later, but who knows. Already feel to lazy to head out to the garage..lol
hutch1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #6905
john NC
1979 CJ5 

had the body shop drill out my broken shock mount bolt, weld on a new nut and put the missing shock on. took em 2 hours because my dumb@$$ had started drilling out the bolt sideways and they had to remove the gastank to weld the new nut on :

well worth the money IMO, i spent as much as it would have cost for them to fix it in tools trying to fix it myself and four hours of my time. plus by trying myself i ended up making it harder for them to fix lol

now i just have to drop the TC and the vibes should be gone
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #6906
BuddhamanJB
1997 ZJ 

Today was the first day in my new wrangler, and I took the day off of work, and drove around with the top down and the doors off for about 5 hours.
BuddhamanJB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #6907
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Got home from work and installed my EMP steering box skid. Nice easy install, gonna probably drill a hole and use that self tapping screw for the passenger side of the skid, but the two bolts seem like more than enough.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #6908
KI4KWF
1999 TJ Wrangler 

all after lunch-
drove to town. turned around 1/4 of the way to put doors back on for angry mother.
drove back home.
washed
waxed
washed floor mats
replaced rear carpet
put on bikini top
replaced fuse for door switches
thought about how i need a new steering stabilizer
pondered how my wheels look as compared to canyons
admired my work!!!
KI4KWF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #6909
Gailon
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^Speaking of angry mothers...

Today with my jeep I told my Wife and my Mother they could use my jeep to help make repair trips or supplies to our new house while i'm gone on my weeklong business trip

I have a bad feeling about this lol
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #6910
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo
Sure, here's a link to where I bought it:

http://nolimits4x4.com/

Ask for Jeff or Clint (both great guys) and be sure to tell them if you have a body lift. The best part was that entire winch-plate/stinger/radiator-hoop combo was less than $300 shipped.

i cant wait now, i wrote them and will be getting the liberty stinger next month and adding it to my current bumper,

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #6911
BlockOtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

can a short throw shifter be installed with a body lift please help me.
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #6912
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a Lock Right in the front today. Here's some pics....

I'm tired!!

And a video for those who've not seen how a lunchbox locker works. The axle on the right was held still while the axle on the left was spun. Sorry the audio is off. My kingdom for a good free AVI to MPEG converter!!
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #6913
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ohio
try starting a tech thread.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #6914
TXjeepTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ohio

anything is possible

i dont see why not, the only prob. you could run into is the shifter hitting the body. if that happens just cut away a little bit and your good to go. No worries man you can do it
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #6915
Unscathed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes a short throw can be used with a BL.. I have a 3" Susp Lift & 3" Body Lift and my B&M is awesome!!

The owner of Alljeep.com, Wayne Hartwig will work within your budget!!! He is very informative to anyone not knowing much about axle work and will meet or beat any competitor's advertised price on any specific product delivered to your door - even if he sells at cost!
Unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.