Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#9,182 ·
Finally received my suspension lift via UPS. Now got to find some guys to help me put in on!

#9,184 ·
Received my AA SYE today. If it will warm up a little, I'll get it installed.

#9,186 ·
Found out from the Doctor today it will be another two months before I can drive it again. :brickwall

Left knee surgery + 6 speed = Dave doesn't drive it, gets to watch wife drive it off to work every morning and is stuck driving a "Mom Mobile" :brickwall

Dave

#9,187 ·
I came up with a very cheap yet effective way to tie down my 102" whip. 2 foot piece of bungee from the hardware store for $1.25. Tied it around the front end of the sport bar on the passenger side right where it meets the windshield, ran it out through the door, and left about 3 inches of it outside the door to tie around the end of the whip. Put some electrical tape around the end of the whip to keep it from grounding itself to the windshield frame and to help keep it from sliding out of the bungee knot. But it really doesn't touch the Jeep anywhere--even in the back where it's folding over the rear of the soft top.

#9,189 ·
Rubicon 05 LJ said:
Found out from the Doctor today it will be another two months before I can drive it again. :brickwall

Left knee surgery + 6 speed = Dave doesn't drive it, gets to watch wife drive it off to work every morning and is stuck driving a "Mom Mobile" :brickwall

Dave
O Man that sucks... :teehee: ...

#9,190 ·
I repainted my front bumper after the brush guard install, spent an hour and a half preping and 10 minutes paniting, go figure, will post some pics later

#9,191 ·
Today i finished putting in the new polyurethane motor mounts in. I had to twist the whole engine just to get them in. I then finished my muffler issue. Cut out the bad patch job on the exhaust pipe, slipped on a union with 3 clamps and its good as new. Now im waiting for it to dry so i can check it out later. :)

#9,192 ·
#9,193 ·
I changed out my Bosch platinum +2 spark plugs for champion truck plugs #4412. I had the bosch plugs in for 2,000 miles and they make the engine knock a little and gas milage went down, they all had some carbon fouling on them. I will send them back to bosch and see if they will honor their performance guarantee. Buy the way the jeep loves the champion plugs it seems to start better and feels more responsive

#9,197 ·
Front speaker adapters and new speakers in the dash installed. Now on a quest to find some rear speakers. Also changed out the speedometer gear. Speedometer is back to normal now with the 31s. Oh yeah, the gear was only $9.00 at the Dodge place, what a bargain!