What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 450 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #6736
yungjeeper22
TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnavailable
BTW, man those rear upper shock bolts are way up there, ain't they?
the rear uppers arent a problem as long as you have socket extensions to reach up there, the big problem i had was the front shocks getting the bolt off of the stud. what i did was i got a grinder and ground a flat spot on either side of the rod so that the vice grip had something to hold on to then they came off easily.

yungjeeper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #6737
Tufftoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my new 39 tooth speedo gear for dead on accuracy!
2005 Silver TJ | 6 cyl | AirAid Intake | Throttle Body Spacer | 6 Speed Tranny | Super 35 Rear | Super 30 Front | 4.56 Front / Rear | ARB Lockers Front / Rear | 4" FabTech Lift | 33X12.5 | Black 15" Steel Rock Crawlers | Custom Bumper & Tire Carrier|
Tufftoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #6738
Tommy R
Geaux Tigers!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrusis
Whats the significance of the 'reverse' flag? Also.. Natty - Where'd you get those awesome mirrors?
When on a vehicle or worn on the shoulder, the "field" of stars should lead in the direction of primary travel. Such as on AF1 (below). I'm sure some of our veterans could elaborate...

I personally think displaying the flag at all is a bit more important than showing it "correctly", but I prefer to do both.

Tommy

So why doesn't my pic work? :\
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #6739
Tufftoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R
Found a bullet in it.
Same here! I found a .45 round.
2005 Silver TJ | 6 cyl | AirAid Intake | Throttle Body Spacer | 6 Speed Tranny | Super 35 Rear | Super 30 Front | 4.56 Front / Rear | ARB Lockers Front / Rear | 4" FabTech Lift | 33X12.5 | Black 15" Steel Rock Crawlers | Custom Bumper & Tire Carrier|
Tufftoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #6740
thinkwoods
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrusis
Whats the significance of the 'reverse' flag? Also.. Natty - Where'd you get those awesome mirrors?
I got the mirrors from JeepIt.com. They call it the super mirror kit now. A little pricey but I'm very happy with them. I've had them a couple years now. They stay tight, no wobble, vibration, etc.
As to the reverse flag, as mentioned by previous poster, they render the effect of the way a flag would fly in the breeze as you are moving forward.
4.0L I6, 5 Speed, D30/D35, 3:73
thinkwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #6741
dhrusis
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the explanation boys. Nice. Love the respect you are giving the flag. I need to find some of those :-D

dhrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #6742
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I installed a pair of JKS Quicker Disconnects. I bought 'em from sor4x4.com. I got everything together and ccouldn't tighten the last two bolts because my 6mm allen is missing. Got the 4mm, the 4.5, the 5, the 7, 8, 9, 10, etc! So I i got them as tight as I dare with the clsest fraction, disconnected them and told the wife not to break 45 tomorrow.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:05 PM   #6743
hutch1973

Towed with it for the first time. Picked up mulch for around the new deck and fence. Nothing weight wise, but I love backing the trailer with such a short wheelbase. I seriously suck at backing a trailer, but the TJ makes it easy.
hutch1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #6744
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1973
Towed with it for the first time. Picked up mulch for around the new deck and fence. Nothing weight wise, but I love backing the trailer with such a short wheelbase. I seriously suck at backing a trailer, but the TJ makes it easy.
I know, I love it too. It's almost impossible to Jack-knife it.

I don't know about you, but for some reason, when I tow a trailer, I get better MPG.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #6745
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wheeled her, washed her.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #6746
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

1.Made a visit to the stealer to pick up my flat end caps (front and rear) and a new bottle of touch up paint. Also picked up a free used tailgate bar for my soft top, since the one that was supposed to come with my jeep was "misplaced".

2. Broke out the die grinder and fine tip, and ground down various rusting stone chips from front bumper. Also ground down rust chips around bumper end holes.

3. Painted all ground down areas with flat black touch up paint.

4. Used the die grinder to remove rust bubbling under the paint on the tub where the license plate bracket is normally attached. Also ground down various rusting chips on the back of the jeep.

5. Used color matched touch up paint (2 coats) to paint fixed chips and license plate holes. Scratches caused by dirt behind license plate holder were also painted. Also painted various scrapes and scratches around the jeep (ran out of time so only one coat got done, the other will have to wait for tomorrow)

6. Scavenged torx bolts and clips from old milkjugs for front bumper ends. Installed flat front bumper ends with scavenged mounting hardware (mint condition).

7. Scavenged RUSTY torx bolts and clips from old rear bumper ends. Then dropped 'em in a container of special rust remover, and they should be ready for flat black rustoleam by tomorrow afternoon.

8. Put rear bumper ends in place and secured with double sided tape until mounting hardware is rust-free and painted.

9. Cleaned license plate bracket and drilled a small drain hole in the corner for water to escape.

10. Installed Soft top tailgate bar.

11. Got the jeep ready to go to the beach tomorrow (if the rain stays away)

Altogether a very jeep-ful day.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #6747
NorCalTim
2004 TJ Wrangler 

added an insta-trunk
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #6748
james509
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Instaled new Kenwood subwoofer. New Sony sounds pretty good now.
315/75/16 BFG KM2s on 16/8 AR-636
3 in. OME 1 1/2 in. spacers ft. 1.25 JKS body lift Warn XD9000I Currie control arms JKS discos
Dana 44 rear ARBs front & rear Warn Bumpers
james509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #6749
braddock
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Changed my serpentine belt for the first time today. Damn, that was easy. One less thing I'll ever pay a mechanic to do. It's nice knowing that if the belt breaks I can throw on the spare with no problems.
braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #6750
AlTheKillerr

i got a call from Round Rock Jeeps saying that my axle shafts should be in dallas tomorow which means they should be here by friday morning. so i could then pick up my jeep friday afternoon and be set to go out to Long Ranch for a wheelin trip. But they said that there is a slight possability that they wont get the shafts here so my jeep might end up sitting on jack stands all weekend thus leaving me without a jeep for the trip.
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.