What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4491 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #67351
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a new tailgate lock mechanism cover after I broke off the top plastic tab while adjusting my lock actuators. Only $20 from the local dealership so it wasn't too expensive of a mistake.

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #67352
Co0kieMoBster
2005 TJ Wrangler 

image-3236945383.jpg

I haven't had an issue with my front one like this... However it helps being a PoPo and having coworkers across the country... 😃
Co0kieMoBster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #67353
maddox2338
2001 TJ Wrangler 

changed diff lube to 85w-140, front and rear. after the re-gear and about 500 miles, started hearing a grinding, popping noise from rear axle but only after it heated up from driving. checked oil in diff and it looked to be really thin. changed to thicker oil.....no more noise!
maddox2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #67354
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hooked up my IPF 968csg lights. Hybrid driving/spot beam with 100 watt bulbs. Paired with my trucklite LED headlights, i have more light than I need.

All light kind of washed out the camera on my phone. 100 times better in person. This is the LED highbeams with the IPFs on.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #67355
f18wrangler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglife68TJ99 View Post
What is the law on having your license plate bent like that in N.C.? I wanna do the same thing and haven't seen anyone around here with their plate like that, you are the first one. Any trouble with the law/vehicle inspection in N.C. (I see that you are now I Virginia beach). Thanks in advance.
I have had it that way for almost a year now and havent had any problems with it. And yes, i passed my last inspection with it like that
f18wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #67356
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Over the weekend I:

1. Switched from the hard top to the Rampage bowless top for the spring/summer/fall.
2. Replaced the broken console tray in my console.
3. Replaced the blown sub in my console.
4. Reinstalled the console and sub.
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #67357
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddox2338 View Post
changed diff lube to 85w-140, front and rear. after the re-gear and about 500 miles, started hearing a grinding, popping noise from rear axle but only after it heated up from driving. checked oil in diff and it looked to be really thin. changed to thicker oil.....no more noise!
Thicker than 140w
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #67358
MKfarm
2011 JK Wrangler 

Everyone talks about what they have done and I have done a lot over the past two months on my 98 TJ.

1.) new brake lines
2.) new calipers
3.) new gas line vent
4.) repaint frame
5.) replace floor pans
6.) repair body mount channel
7.) Repair/repaint bottom of tub.
8.) repaint the suspension including gas skid plate
9.) replace stock radio
10.) replace soft top and door skins
11.) new wipers
12.) repainted front brush guard
13.) started body work on both front fenders
14.) started body work on passenger door

Things to do.
1.) fix heater control that is stuck in defrost
2.) replace all speakers
3.) repair small surface rust, just a few easy spots to do
4.) replace current 33 tires with 31 tires
5.) replace shocks
6.) maybe update /replace some suspension parts they are getting long in the tooth

Total cost of updates is around $2,000 so far. Not bad since this is what I had estimated when I bought the TJ back in March. So far I am under budget with the purchase and repairs of this old girl. The last three on the list will be the high ticket items.

Here is what it looks like today.
jeeptop2.jpg   jeeptop.jpg  

Last edited by MKfarm; 05-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: add photo
MKfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #67359
chux72vette
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
Over the weekend I:

1. Switched from the hard top to the Rampage bowless top for the spring/summer/fall.
2. Replaced the broken console tray in my console.
3. Replaced the blown sub in my console.
4. Reinstalled the console and sub.
I was wondering about the tray as haven't seen one and might be a cool addition. Is it OEM or homemade?? Any pics?? Thanx
[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][I]RED JEEP CLUB[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B][I]#640[/I][/B]
[B][I]Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #300[/I][/B]
chux72vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #67360
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chux72vette View Post

I was wondering about the tray as haven't seen one and might be a cool addition. Is it OEM or homemade?? Any pics?? Thanx
It's the OEM tray that comes with the subwoofer option in the console. Not a lot of storage, but mine was broken when I bought the jeep and I wanted it usable again. Once the sub blew, I decided it was time to replace both.

I don't have any pictures, sorry.
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #67361
xndrxw
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new head unit, speakers and an amp in the glove box. Had to go test it out.

Found a few of these.

xndrxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #67362
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by f18wrangler View Post
I have had it that way for almost a year now and havent had any problems with it. And yes, i passed my last inspection with it like that
Thanks!!

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #67363
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Made some calls last night and located a Durango box for my swap. Out of a 99 4x4 (non-plow) with 95k miles at $75, tested and no leaks. Refurbished Durango units are double that and then some. Used TJ Wrangler boxes are double that and leak same as mine. Refurbished Wrangler boxes are 4x that. Kind of a no-brainer here for my budget. Headed to pick that up at lunch and maybe installing tonight. If all else fails and I can't leave work, they can deliver it Wednesday morning with their normal parts run to my home town or I can have my scrap hauler pick it up this afternoon should we send a load that way.

The adjustable track bar I had them install makes contact with my differential cover on the D30 with uptravel. It seems the bend was for a taller lift, so this will work well when I stuff my taller lift kit under my heep. For now, it seems to have cured my death wobble, but I still get some tire vibes at about 58 or 60 mph. Will have to have these new tires mounted and balanced to see if that cures it.

Cashflow is running super low though. With any luck, I'll see that commission pay I've been expecting to "bridge the gap" between checks. Nothing like living with no contingency, aye?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #67364
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xndrxw View Post

Found a few of these.

WTF? Seriously that would be awesome...and maybe the next mod on the Jeep if I found one of those!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #67365
xndrxw
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboelts View Post
WTF? Seriously that would be awesome...and maybe the next mod on the Jeep if I found one of those!
There is supposed to be 24 or so of these cannons. I saw 3 of them. Couldnt float them back on the kayaks. I think we are going to need a bigger boat.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.