What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 448 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #6706
03Wrangler

i drove it over to lake Ontario to go fishing. I took the backseat out, turned it around, and put it back in, it even latches in the back so i can keep it like that while i drive.

we found a new fishing spot with a nice little trail to get to it, had some fun in 4x4 in the sand. stock tj's arent half bad, even with stock street tires. got to back right up to the water, and could have drove in if i wanted to get wet, but the patrol probably would be mad, and/ or surprised....

had a fun time, diddnt catch anything, but i got to take the jeep offroad, and had a nice relaxing evening...

p.s. the stock rear bumper doubles for a fishing rod holder, just dont drive away with them in there.... might weld some metal rods in there so they stay still... hmm, new project!!

amp kit comes in tomarrow, and i'll finally have some bass to my songs!

03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #6707
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

changed from dino to full synthetic oil
discovered a backfire before the switch
dcfeeiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #6708
john NC
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redYJ
i drove it over to lake Ontario to go fishing. I took the backseat out, turned it around, and put it back in, it even latches in the back so i can keep it like that while i drive.
that's cool, gotta try that

can you fold it up when it's installed backwards?
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #6709
03Wrangler

i just threw it in there and saw that when i unfolded it, the rear catch was holding it, i never really took the time to see if i could install it backwords and have the whole thing like it should be.... i'll do that tomarrow.... not sure if it's legal or not though
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #6710
john NC
1979 CJ5 

oh yeah i wouldn't ride like that but it would save me from bringing a beach chair and would make a great spot for fishing
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #6711
Tony G.

rolled back into a tree stump when i couldnt make it up a hill (it was dark and i couldnt see) the stump smashed my R.R. taillight. Crushed the plastic part of the rear bumper and dented in the rear of the jeep where the tail light mounts so its hurting.
Tony G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #6712
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^^Perfect time for some corner protection!

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #6713
Tony G.

lol yea now i just have to find them
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #6714
GaytorHater703

Painted my tail pipe black with krylon bbq pit paint....just one more thing thats black now
GaytorHater703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #6715
Tony G.

lol fun fun fun
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #6716
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

cut off the front flares 1 inch from the hood like ive done for 3 other jeeps i run with, ordered my jeepspeed lca mounts, almost hit the buy button on the long arms again...i'm getting closer, hopefully by sunday.

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #6717
PaulL
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Started fiddling with some hockey pucks to take up the space behind my spare tire, which is mounted on the stock tailget holder. It shakes too much when driving or when you close the tailgate.

The adapter that allows my 33" to mount on the factory jig is welded crooked, so the gap on one side is bigger than the gap on the other side.

Sheesh. I don't know what brand it is (Warrior, maybe?), but that's pretty shoddy.
PaulL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #6718
Texan4life
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I changed the oil for the 27th time in 2 1/2 years.
Texan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #6719
hutch1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulL
Started fiddling with some hockey pucks to take up the space behind my spare tire, which is mounted on the stock tailget holder. It shakes too much when driving or when you close the tailgate.

The adapter that allows my 33" to mount on the factory jig is welded crooked, so the gap on one side is bigger than the gap on the other side.

Sheesh. I don't know what brand it is (Warrior, maybe?), but that's pretty shoddy.
I would advise you take the 33 off the stock carrier pronto. (see below)

New rear bumper/carrier assembly came today. Got it mounted up after grinding off the wheel lock I've temporarily lost the key too. Like the look of the set up, although the reviews I've read about low quality of the coatings on the rugged ridge/smitty equip is dead on. Look at the thing wrong and it chips the coating...

Anyway, the 33 on the factory mount/tailgate did some serious damage. Base of the tailgate was reinforced with some 1x1 tubing across about 20" of the back, and the carrier mounted to that. It did a good job of evening out the load of the 33 across the tailgate, but the weight couldn't be supported by the factory hinges. They are trashed. The rear gate took some oomph to open before, which I attributed (1st TJ) to the weight of the tire on the back. Fact of the matter is, the tire carrier, with the 33, is easier to open then my now empty gate. Hinges are pulled out away from the body and, without the weight of the tire to counter balance, it's harder to open now then it was before.

Now that I've got both bumpers on, I have to admit I'm not really happy with them. Love the look, but the quality isn't there. Kicking myself for not doing my original plan, of buying a mig and building my own. I could have done much more for a lot less even with a 120 volt mig. Live and learn.
hutch1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #6720
alphonsis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Tex
I changed the oil for the 27th time in 2 1/2 years.
You change your oil every 1.1 months?!?!

Do you drive 3k mile a month or is your wheeling a whole new level of hardcore?
alphonsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.