Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#88,622 ·
thedaringmove said:
Picked up a passenger door for 150$ from a girl that wrecked the driver side of her jeep. Great deal for me. Too bad it's black though. No room to be picky
It's just paint my friend, easily rectified

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

#88,623 ·
SlackJaw said:
Lol, I got one on the way :D. Just finished rebuilding my savvy front uppers and set my caster to 6*. Seems to have helped, but it's not completely over. I'm confident that centering my axle will eliminate what's left of it, but may end up putting a new stabilizer if I get motivated to do so tomorrow.
Motivated, lol, you...lol

#88,627 ·
SlackJaw said:
No kidding? I forgot :eek:. Yeh I think I remember saying I would do it "tomorrow" lol....:eek:
Is it tomorrow yet? Lol, OT I put my gobi rack back on and put my RTT on so I can stay at the beach tomorrow night

#88,632 ·
Forgot to update. I checked the answering machine to find that my windshield frame that I payed extra for two day shipping has been "held up". Really sucks.. It seems I won't be taking my jeep to school in SLO Monday. Put so much work into the thing this summer. None of my friends had jobs and there I was working full time. Every penny went to the beast.

Guess it's staying home. Sorry all had to vent

#88,633 ·
Installed some new Kicker 4" speakers in the front to go with the new Kenwood Bluetooth head unit I installed last week. Also put down some Dynaliner insulation to help quiet the Jeep down a bit. I'll see how it does tomorrow, but just putting some down last night helped noticeably on the way to work this morning. Also put down some carpet on top of the dynaliner too.

Now to find some inexpensive, used speaker pods or to build some of my own.

#88,635 ·
Installed an angled rear track bar bracket. Good lord was it a pain in the derrière... Had to remove the coils and adjust my upper control arms to get the axle high enough and rotated enough to get the bar out of the bind it was in to be able to remove the old bracket. Put the new bracket on, then spent an hour or so trying to get the bar into position and into the new bracket to no avail. Pulled the frame side of the bar so I could rotate the bar into the new bracket and then it slid right back into the frame side, go figure. No idea why it wouldn't work the other way. Jeep is all back together and I no longer have binding issues or clearance issues with the gas tank skid. All in all a productive, but as almost always, much longer than anticipated evening.

#88,640 ·
Forgot to update. I checked the answering machine to find that my windshield frame that I payed extra for two day shipping has been "held up". Really sucks.. It seems I won't be taking my jeep to school in SLO Monday. Put so much work into the thing this summer. None of my friends had jobs and there I was working full time. Every penny went to the beast.

Guess it's staying home. Sorry all had to vent
You could take it without a windshield...not a complete deal breaker

Idk how far you are from school...but I understand how much it sucks to leave it & head to school...I say take it windshield less (&figure out getting done there) or find a weekend to get back & get it done

Sent by a messenger bird