What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 03-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #646
firestopper

Put on a new starter. Also painted my rollcage padding to get them back to the original black.

firestopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #647
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Took the hardtop and doors off and cruised around a bit with the softop and no windows. It's still a little cold here so the windows and doors will go on tomorrow.
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #648
ejfernet
2011 JK Wrangler 

today i ....

Put a Warn 9.0Rc mounted on my Shrockworks Rockhammer shortyfront bumper. It has 6 x 4.5 mount pattern instead of the 10 x 4.5 mounting. Some tough metal to drill through with an electric hand drill. But worth it to have it done.
ejfernet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #649
Carpie

Mounted the new rubber... 31x10.50 Dick Cepek F-C II's on 15x8 Cragar Series 397 Soft 8s. I should have the suspension stuff next week, so next weekend I'll be putting that all together, too.
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #650
Roman68
2000 TJ Wrangler 

slapped the soft doors on my 2000 TJ last weekend....was so sweet cruising around with the soft doors and no windows!! taking the "floaties" off the bumpers this weekend...applying the TJ decals too. i removed the "sport" decals a while ago

installing KC daylighters on the wife's Unlimited as well...she is eye-ballin my soft doors like a hawk too....i wont be surprised if i come out of the house one day only to find them off my jeep and on hers!

OIIIIIO
Roman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #651
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered an oil pan skid today!

Next:
Drop Kick Sliders (side steps are coming off!)
Mopar iPod connector
Grab handles

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #652
TAMUJeep

Finally got my 32's mounted!
TAMUJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #653
Haik
supaJEEP

2001 TJ Wrangler 

bought it a new K&N filter... thought they came with a chunk of foam on them that I could oil... guess not.

-SOLD- White Jeep Club Member #8675309

Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Lift Kit - Advance Adapters SYE w/ Custom driveshaft
35" SuperSwamper Boggers - SMF rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier
Cobra 75 WX ST - Firestick II 5' - PIAA 520 - PIAA 525 - 488 Gears - Detroit Locker
SMF front
bumper w/ bull bar - Warn 9500ti winch
Haik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #654
davenjeip

I used the Jeep to conquer the fear I had of a trail at Rausch Creek. I had a nightmare about me rolling the Jeep in a really bad way on it and had been nervous about running it ever since. It felt awesome finally getting over that.

I also managed to run Crawler Ridge without getting stuck. I've run it before, but I always got hung up on something.

My new RE Superflex LCA's in the front also got a good test, although I'm not really sure I notice any difference on the trail.

I destroyed my third valve stem in less than a year and under 5K miles. Then, I busted my previous exhaust repair for what might be the third time. I also crushed one of my almost new KC light covers by hitting a tree several times.

While it might not seem like a productive day for the Jeep, I was able to find a few more weak spots on the Jeep so I know to fix them.

For what is usually one of the least built rigs on the trail, it never fails to impress me what what it can do.

www.davenjeip.com
davenjeip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #655
MissionMan

new wheels and tires

[b] [COLOR="Red"]Ohio[/COLOR] [COLOR="LemonChiffon"]Air National [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Guard[/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #1 [/b]

[B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DimGray"]Silverstone[/COLOR][/B][B] 02 Wrangler X/ 4.0L 5spd - 2" RE BB, 31" BFG A/T's on 15" Cragar soft 8's, pioneer6700 headunit and speakers, smittybilt side-steps, omix tailight guards, omix rocker cladding, bestop slider windows, black headlight bezels....more to come [/SIZE][/b]
MissionMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #656
Bill Van Dusen

I got new tires and the spare just barely fit under the tail light so I thought I'd raise it up a little. Easy, right? Just take the four bolts out, put in a few washers for a spacer and its done. Well bolt one and two come out just fine. Bolt three is kind of tight, maybe just a little more force and it'll get past that tight spot. Snap ... off with its head! So today I'll be spending some quality time with a broken bolt. I got it back on with three bolts and its probably OK, but I guess I've got a thing about fixing that broken one. Kind of like when Dumbo got drunk and had the Pink Elephants on Parade dream, I'll be seeing bolt heads dancing in a circle chanting some freaky song.

Must be bad karma.

bvd
AtoZ rocker guards
Bill Van Dusen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #657
Steve B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

resizeorfab.jpg

Today I fitted my ORFAB rear tyre carrier.

This carrier is solid :-)
Unread 03-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #658
SurvCat

Got a tire stuck in a hole

SurvCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #659
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvCat
Got a tire stuck in a hole
That's pretty funny Are you open?
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #660
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

pulled out my T-case drop. Vibes are tolerable and I would rather have better shifting. Ordered some (N)th Mobility rear adj. UCAs to get it set and avoid some vibes until I do a SYE this spring/summer.
bryans98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.