What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 407 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #6091
Roko
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my Full Traction 3" lift and OME shocks over the weekend! Still have some tweaking to do with the tranny skid to clear the front drive shaft before I can put it back...

Here's a pic of it with the stock 30" Wrangler GSAs. I've got real 33" tires on the way this week.

http://edmontonjeep.com/forum/files/...ted30s_506.jpg

(Poor quality but you get the idea.. I took it with my cellphone since my real camera's battery died)

Unread 06-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #6092
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

drove it home after being at the beach for a week...first time driving it after i got the whole cage painted, i really like it.

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #6093
Volusiaguy
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Detailed it out and nufinished it. Put my windshield sticker on, bought new heavy duty floormats, installed my sony head unit and ran my cable for mp3's, removed the internals on the Jeep navigation system "bulge" (on the jeep when I got it, but the kept the gps unit and I'm not dropping 800 for one) superglued it to the dash plate (had holes in it already) and installed a rubber mat inside it to hold various nicknacks inside, mounted my driving lights, added my kids team's stickers to the bumper, mounted my fire extinguisher, got my velcro, quick disconnect, and mounting spots figure out for my CB (next weekend's project) and hauled 10 bags of wood chips and a screen door home from Lowes...
Volusiaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 04:46 AM   #6094
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusiaguy
removed the internals on the Jeep navigation system "bulge" (on the jeep when I got it, but the kept the gps unit and I'm not dropping 800 for one)
It's a standard Garmin Quest II... Last I looked you could buy it for under $500 most anywhere, maybe even under $400 now.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #6095
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
It's a standard Garmin Quest II... Last I looked you could buy it for under $500 most anywhere, maybe even under $400 now.
And you can buy the cradle with harness for around $150 from the dealer. $550 is better than $800.. I have the Trail Guide and the unit is awesome.. works perfectly for such a small unit.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:39 AM   #6096
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Chopped the LHD brackets off my brand new 2-row from radiator barn and welded on the RHD brackets from my old radiator. I'd had my old one re-cored in the past but it just ended up leaking again, and the core rotting. The other side (front) actually doesn't look too bad.

The old core, with mount removed. I had to solder a leak to keep it running while waiting for the new radiator to arrive.

The new radiator before modification...

And after...

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #6097
RUNIT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

added a mirror to keep the cops happy.
RUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #6098
john NC
1979 CJ5 

changed my oil yesterday and installed a purolator oil filter
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #6099
DeadFrog
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a new front and rear bumper from Nates 4X4 yesterday. Can't wait to get those!
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #6100
Volusiaguy
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
And you can buy the cradle with harness for around $150 from the dealer. $550 is better than $800.. I have the Trail Guide and the unit is awesome.. works perfectly for such a small unit.
Thanks for the info...didn't realize it was a standard unit. I've kept the internals of the cradle for a future install and I can just pop the cover back on at some point if I come up with a deal. Thanks for the info!
Volusiaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #6101
blacktjsport
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Put my Hella 500's on the windshield brackes that have been lightless for 2 months. I found a way to make the windshield light brackets, mirror mover brackets and the front brackets for a Garven Wilderness Rack to all work together and still be able to take the doors off!!! Only too removing the bottom of the door pins with a dremel!!
Wish I had pics but the camera is broken
-Matt

-Parts list keeps growing...
blacktjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #6102
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday - Spent a total of 5 hours doing AAT (Adopt-A-Trail) work, and wheeled for another 5 hours. Good times!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #6103
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I pulled out a full size Bronco out of the mud which his buddies full size Bronco couldnt do. I also pulled my friends ranger off a rock where he was stuck sitting on his frame. I guess Fords should stick to pavement.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #6104
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Haven't done anything to it today. But a guy at the gym where I work out showed up this morning and parked his "new" late model TJ out front - with a lift, big tires, and nice wheels.

Now I feel inferior since mine is still essentiall stock except for Tuffy products etc :-(

Too bad I can't afford to do any of that anytime soon
bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #6105
BoarderX47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

well i took the top off, took the doors off, am packing a cooler right now, and am going to do some off-roading/ mountain biking with some of the guys gonna be a fun day
BoarderX47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.