What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 2997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #44941
tchaap
2008 JK Wrangler 

a week ago, so it wasn't today...

Installed my Dirtworx bumper/tire carrier/jerry can carrier:

TC

tchaap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #44942
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
I got mirror movers, and they sucked so much I took them right back off. The mirrors vibrated like crazy, and the passenger side was entirely useless.

Best bet is a set of Harley style mirrors stuck in the empty hinge pocket.
That leaves you in a bind if you want to run doors (the wif loves rock doors, and in questionable weather we carry soft doors stuffed behind the seat..)

I have tried just about every alternate mirror at quadratec, and at the end of the day they all sucked. "Quick release" (both versions) means "..at 45mph on a twisty road". The relocation bracket was decent (looked like hell, but it worked) until I took it off last fall and they were completely rusted all over (ate up the paint pretty good..)

Thinking of trying Rugged Ridge Dual Mirror Set. Gotta do something..

(BTW re mirror vibration, my driver's mirror was mostly useless the entire time I've had the jeep.....until I swapped the motor mounts. Suddenly it steadied right down. Dealer refused to even look at it, I was convinced it was a flawed mirror..)
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #44943
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshuelsman View Post
Finally solved the rear main seal leak... Until next time
Just noticed mine is starting to.

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #44944
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
That leaves you in a bind if you want to run doors (the wif loves rock doors, and in questionable weather we carry soft doors stuffed behind the seat..)

I have tried just about every alternate mirror at quadratec, and at the end of the day they all sucked. "Quick release" (both versions) means "..at 45mph on a twisty road". The relocation bracket was decent (looked like hell, but it worked) until I took it off last fall and they were completely rusted all over (ate up the paint pretty good..)

(BTW re mirror vibration, my driver's mirror was mostly useless the entire time I've had the jeep.....until I swapped the motor mounts. Suddenly it steadied right down. Dealer refused to even look at it, I was convinced it was a flawed mirror..)
I agree, you can't always control when they quick release.

Right now I am running Bestop new TJ style mirrors, and will likely find a way to mount the old OEM ones when I get another set of half doors, and leave the Bestop mirrors on the full steel doors.

... as if that made any sense at all.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #44945
Finsup
1999 TJ Wrangler 

drove it to work topless!

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #453
Finsup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #44946
Scramblerguy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect

They are trash I had them went through 3 sets in one year 98 tj DD. If let you find something good please let me know
Scramblerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #44947
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramblerguy View Post
They are trash I had them went through 3 sets in one year 98 tj DD. If let you find something good please let me know
Damn. Maybe this idea will work better.. think I'm gonna try it..

Oh, and what I did (will do..) today:
- after work, JKS BPE kit goes in (broke my 3rd bar pin in the passenger rear, gotta be something else wrong but for now this will beef it up)
- warranty-replacement myride adjuster goes in
- oil change (going over to turbodiesel)
- call the local bike shop about temp harley mirrors so i can doorless for a bit while figuring out a more permanent solution (maybe the above link..)
- film it spitting gas everywhere for a fox news story (interview is wed, gonna collect some video ahead of time)
- Hopefully order my new tires
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #44948
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced oil pan dented by rocks and fixed leak between transmission and transfer case.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #44949
Talton
2004 TJ Wrangler 

waiting on the Big Brown Truck to Drop off my Metal Cloak complete package so I can start paint. The anticipation is killin me!
Talton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #44950
Gina
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oops..
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #44951
Javey
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Uuuuhhh....Looked at it in the drive way as I backed out to go to work...
But I did finish my rear bumper and tire carrier install yesterday...!!
Javey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #44952
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have these:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_00.htm
They aren't bad but I don't know if they will fit on 03+. If not, I am surprised they don't have the same for later models. I put them on in spring when I put the soft top on and take them off when the hard top goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramblerguy View Post
rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #44953
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
I have these:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_00.htm
They aren't bad but I don't know if they will fit on 03+. If not, I am surprised they don't have the same for later models. I put them on in spring when I put the soft top on and take them off when the hard top goes on.
They kinda do and kinda don't have them - the problem is that the later model mirrors don't come apart, so you end up with the movers I posted earlier (the rusted ones) that take the entire mirror assembly, including the big plastic door piece. (If you can find earlier mirrors cheap, those movers should fit.)
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #44954
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My original mirrors ended up having the threads rusting away. I picked up a new (to me) set from Davey's Jeeps for $35. I think that would work as well assuming the bolt pattern on the hinges are the same. At that point you then have to decide to try to get the torx bolts out which can be a hazardous undertaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
They kinda do and kinda don't have them - the problem is that the later model mirrors don't come apart, so you end up with the movers I posted earlier (the rusted ones) that take the entire mirror assembly, including the big plastic door piece. (If you can find earlier mirrors cheap, those movers should fit.)
rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #44955
chrisml
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I learned how not to remove a d30 fill plug. Thanks to every person who's ever offered the advice to remove the fill plug before the drain plug.

On the other hand, I'm probably correct to think the axle fluid has never been changed in this prior to me owning it.
chrisml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.