What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 214 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #3196
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrestme
Did a front and rear diff fluid change and installed new rockcrusher diff covers front and back.

What a PITA.

My Jeep is stock and the top-right bolt on the D30 is right behind the trackbar, with no room to get a socket and ratchet on to tighten down, so I had to use an open wrench, but I could only move it maybe 30 degrees at a time. So between getting that bolt off and the new one on, it took me about an hour and a half just for the one bolt.
IGI. Mine was stock height when I put the Rockcrushers on... but I didn't have any clearance problems putting them on. Just jack it up and it should droop so nothing is in the way.

I had more trouble in the rear getting to the fill plug because of the gas tank.

The cover did hit the trackbar when driving over bumps... so the RE4.5SF solved that

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #3197
Ryuu600

Drove it to work. Sigh, 80 miles a day of interstate driving is not why I bought this rig.

Good news is I'm going to Kentucky on Thanksgiving vacation and my uncle has season passes to the OHV park at Land Between the Lakes. One of the largest in the country.
'06 TJ X Blue w/dark khaki top, 4.0L, 6 spd, 3.73, 30x9.5R15 Wrangler GS-As mounted on Ravine wheels, Soft-top w/half doors, 4 100w ProComp Offroad lights(2 bumper, 2 windshied), Cobra 29 LTD w/4' Firestik, Custom rear storage box.
Ryuu600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #3198
ColoradoTJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

I took it in and got the alignment done, I didn't realize how bad it was until it was fixed.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #60

My Jeep

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane" J.B.
ColoradoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #3199
Brew461

Installed "new" pioneer HU, had it laying around, I figured why not? I ordered the DIN kit and harness from Crutchfield.com. Let me know if you want the part numbers. I have always hardwired my CD players. That harness is slick! The DIN kit was very simple. The CD player isn't going anywhere. I need to take the metal sleeve out and spray it black, and it will look totaly stock.

I also swapped the speakers, 5.5 in Kenwood in the rear now, and some 4 inch MB quart components with 1 inch tweeters(one MB quart and one infinity). I made the fronts fit in the stock speaker location. I traced the stock speaker and cut a template out of masonite, mounted the new speakers to it and used the stock anchor points to mount the template.The front components are run throughan an MB quart passive cross over I mounted up behind the dash. Total spent today: $0. I had all the odds and ends laying around and the day off.

I would say the improvement in sound quality was well worth it.

I have some stock rear speaker grills and a stock radio, CD player if anyone wants it PM me.
Brew461 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #3200
alex71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is one of te flairs in the front bigger than the rest???? it looks like a rub flair on the front pass side. Might want to switch them all out Looks good though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJSport
there no clicky

getting ready to change the shocks, the rear bushings are shot, and it clicks
everytime i go over a bump. so i got 4 shocks for $50, with 2k miles.

Vote for TJOFTY!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...18/index9.html
alex71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #3201
alex71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is one of te flairs in the front bigger than the rest???? it looks like a rub flair on the front pass side. Might want to switch them all out Looks good though

Vote for TJOFTY!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...18/index9.html
alex71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #3202
kingvm
2005 WK 

Took it out for a little exercise....

Unread 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #3203
chrestme
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
IGI. Mine was stock height when I put the Rockcrushers on... but I didn't have any clearance problems putting them on. Just jack it up and it should droop so nothing is in the way.

I had more trouble in the rear getting to the fill plug because of the gas tank.

The cover did hit the trackbar when driving over bumps... so the RE4.5SF solved that

Yeah, now that I think about it, I should have jacked it up and benefited from the axle "droop". I was following a write-up from someone who was already lifted, so it didn't even occur to me until I did the rear end. Oh well, I guess the hard way is the best way to learn sometimes.
Suggestions welcome!
chrestme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #3204
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Had the dealership replace the pedal assembly under warranty. As I described here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ht=brake+pedal the brake pedal rattled like crazy over rough roads (read: in the Jeep that means on any road, LOL.

They replaced the assembly that holds the clutch and brake pedal. The new one feels much better, not so much side-to-side play/noise like in the original.

(this is an '06 X with ~5K miles)
bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #3205
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheiser
Had the dealership replace the pedal assembly under warranty. As I described here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ht=brake+pedal the brake pedal rattled like crazy over rough roads (read: in the Jeep that means on any road, LOL.

They replaced the assembly that holds the clutch and brake pedal. The new one feels much better, not so much side-to-side play/noise like in the original.

(this is an '06 X with ~5K miles)
Mine has done that for quite some time... though I think it's the clutch pedal that's my culprit.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #3206
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Yah, on mine I could reproduce the sound by pushing the brake pedal from side to side, though the clutch pedal may have been part of it. It was kinda annoying, especially on a brand new vehicle.

With this and a few other little things I've noticed, I am a bit concerned about the build quality of these vehicles ... I'm just hoping there aren't other things like this that weren't done right at the factory :-|

I'd have thought that after 65 years they'd have the process pretty well down pat.

I still love it, but things like this are annoying (and potentially dangerous/troublesome if they happen out in the middle of nowhere).
bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #3207
Ryuu600

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvm
Took it out for a little exercise....

Winching on flat ground? Ah I know... you were rescueing a H2 from those monster rocks on that trail
'06 TJ X Blue w/dark khaki top, 4.0L, 6 spd, 3.73, 30x9.5R15 Wrangler GS-As mounted on Ravine wheels, Soft-top w/half doors, 4 100w ProComp Offroad lights(2 bumper, 2 windshied), Cobra 29 LTD w/4' Firestik, Custom rear storage box.
Ryuu600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #3208
blacktjsport
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I finally got around to clearancing my Rock-It Man cb antenna bracket to fit around my Wilderness Rack bracket on the back of the tub. I had to cut out like a 1"x2" piece with a dremel and cut off wheels. I had to dodge a flying emory wheel several times and that's not fun!! Overall it only took about 10 minutes to make the cut. Now the bracket fits flush again on the tub and I can use my cb again!! Now I only need to install the storage pins for my discos and do a complete fluid change and I will be good to go for winter!! Hardtop is already on and carpet is back in. Bring on the snow.

--Matt

-Parts list keeps growing...
blacktjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #3209
kingvm
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu600
Winching on flat ground? Ah I know... you were rescueing a H2 from those monster rocks on that trail
No, my buddy dropped his front diff onto a rock when he went off a small ledge and the gravel he was on was so loose he could not back up to get off of it with just the rear.

Just had to tug him back a little so he could get off the rock.

Unread 11-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #3210
SomeGuysName
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Built my in-cab winch control:

http://www.someguysname.com/?p=7
SomeGuysName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.