Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#42,201 ·
I think he's gonna recess them in like Road Armor does..have the stinger mount beside the fairlead through the bumper (so you can have it welded on both sides for strength) then run the supporting bars from the top of the bumper where it angles up on both sides to the stinger. Here's an example of the stinger I'm talking about.. Face mount Tall Stinger

#42,202 ·
Well, I am still wrapping up a few things but i put a fan shroud back on my jeep, why the heck the last owner removed it I will never know. Thank goodness Mopar still sells em. I bled ( or removed the air) from my stock yet new to me power steering conversion I added over the weekend. I was only able to do this as I was finally able to reattach the steering shaft after removing it when installing a new heater core. I am taking the Jeep in for a clutch to be put in ( too freaking cold out for that, and I just do not have the tools for it! ). Then, Finally I can drive her again Friday perhaps!!!

#42,206 ·
Checked on the shipping status of my rear disk brake conversion.

My TJ is sitting in a shop with the brakes all torn off. The drums were so gone that everything needed to be replaced so instead of having new drums (that I would just fill with mud again) put on I'm having them put a G2 disk kit on. Yes, yes I know I could have done it cheaper myself especially if I pulled junkyard components but by the time the mechanic pulled it apart to tell me what I needed (I was planning on replacing what he determined necessary myself) I would have had to pay him labor to reassemble and he might as well put on the new kit at that point. Of course they told me I need axle seals too... how true that is, I'm not sure but I got charged an arm and a leg for each.

Moral of the story, no more shops. Back to doing all the Jeep work in my driveway. I'm also fortunate enough to have parents that fund this whole "Jeep" thing... I'm wondering how much longer they're going to pay for these repairs before they snap, sell it and get me a vehicle that doesn't get 10MPG

#42,208 ·
broke in the new lift today! outwheeled a yj and a xj that were locked and 35s. i was suprized how well it did. much better than i expected very happy with the lift. now need the funds for an 8.8, 4.56/4.88s??? arb, and 34s! guess ill keep buying scratch tickets:laugh:

#42,209 ·
bought a new head unit. The old one had seen better days, and recently just quit working all together. This one was from my old tow rig, before going into the Jeep, so it's been around for a while.

Got a good deal at Best Buy on an open-box Sony HD radio. I was actually there to look at the 'marine' radios, until I saw the open-box deal. The thing I didn't like about the marine radio, and like about this one is that the faceplate doesn't have a slot for a CD... you have to fold down the whole faceplate. I reason it's less likely to get dust, mud, water, etc inside. I don't really even play CDs anyway, so the hastle of folding down the faceplate is moot. They both had input jacks on the front (this one also has a USB). For the price difference between the cheap marine radio and this one (and the fact that this one has HD radio), I couldn't pass it up. I got a $180 radio for $130. Can't beat that. If it lasts as long as the last $130 radio, I'm happy. :thumbsup:

Read a bunch of reviews on this thing, and people seem to like it. If it warms-up enough, I'll install it tomorrow.

#42,213 ·
My buddy exploded the ring gear on his TJ while plowing snow. I know it doesn't qualify under the MY TJ category but I was a part of the dis assembly so I thought I would share.

#42,214 ·

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh!!!! :brickwall

:laugh::laugh:
Saw your wakeboard photo. Ever ditch ski behind your TJ? I use my CJ all the time. We set up kickers and sliders across culverts all the time. We also have a high speed winch we built with 1100 ft of line that pulls at about 17-19mph. great for wakeskating ponds and such.

#42,215 ·
Saw your wakeboard photo. Ever ditch ski behind your TJ? I use my CJ all the time. We set up kickers and sliders across culverts all the time. We also have a high speed winch we built with 1100 ft of line that pulls at about 17-19mph. great for wakeskating ponds and such.
PM received and responded...:cheers:

#42,216 ·
winch

This is a picnic table jump in a flooded park. I can't find any from behind the jeep right now.

Attachments

#42,220 ·
This is a picnic table jump in a flooded park. I can't find any from behind the jeep right now.
Man, what a hillbilly... I'm from IL and I miss doing that kind of stuff. Can I join you sometime?