What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 2111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #31651
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Since Jamison is being mean, I'll make a build thread for him when I get home

[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #31652
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeep View Post
i cant believe not many people have looked into these....there is a whole thread on them.....New lightweight classic CJ-style flattie fenders for the Wrangler.......
this is jerry bransford's old rig....
the first pic is what you cut off...the second pic is under the new fender you can see the hood latch bracket is still there....
i have not put these on yet...but soon will...
the thread should answer all your questions...
Oh sweet. Yeah, I'd seen these in the TJ-6 build thread, and I checked out the MCE website, but I wasn't sure about highway rattle.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #31653
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Pics pleeeeeeeeease.........
Ok, this is kinda pic heavy, but it's still less than half the pics I took during the install. I got the spreader bars, but I haven't put them on yet. Had other stuff to do, so that may happen tomorrow.

the OR Fab sport cage, dash bar, and 2 spreader bars.

The Jeep right after I removed the bikini top, but before I started removing the factory bars.

The basic sport cage kit fresh out of the box.

The Factory bolt for my Driver Side bar. Nice job tearing it up on the assembly line... Notice it's a security torx.

I reused the factory bolt on the boots just long enough to drive to the hardware store and replace them.

See how much I had to trim away?

The new windshield attachment.

this is just a test fit without the plastic molding

I love the welded in handles. I see what Jerry was talking about when he said he uses them all the time. I've already started using them to get in the Jeep, and it's great!

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]

Last edited by robert_hollis; 04-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: picasa failed me...
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #31654
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it was just me but I could not see any of your pics... little white boxes with red x's

And I would think this mod is worthy of it's own thread
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #31655
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=B2CARPEN;9277393]Not sure if it was just me but I could not see any of your pics... little white boxes with red x's

x2 would like to see them

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #31656
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No pics here either.
Unread 04-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #31657
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Eeek! those pics came out a bit bigger than I'd expected... Well, that's what I get for using tinypic, and setting it on 'message board size' for the auto edit.

I didn't bother to post a build thread for this, cause there are tons of threads with pics of roll cages on here already.

Plus, I ain't done with the install. I still need to do the spreader bars, and either modify the factory padding, or shell out the $230 or so for OR Fab's padding kit...

I'm a firm believer in rollbar padding, cause I've whacked my head on the rollbar before. Even with padding, it didn't feel too good.

-Rob

Unread 04-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #31658
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Pics work for me... Looks great man!
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #31659
SFT2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
Dressed it for cold rain and now i'm going in circles about whether bigboyjeep needs to send all the parts they promised or not. (Website said "16 quick-disconnect clips" when I ordered. It shipped with 6. Instructions say there are 8 on the back - it had 6 - and that the side windows come with them if you have the windjammer - thats 8 more. So thats 10, plus "2 spares of everything". So they want $30 plus shipping for the 12 missing clips. Thats no joke about 50% of what the entire netting kit cost.)

They are cheap, and the netting seems decent quality, but they're behaving very shady. (Don't answer emails before I was a customer, and now they're saying "oh thats a typo"..) Lets see if they will come through..
Have pics of the clips? I might be able to find some MUCH cheaper (possibly free). ITW Nexus has all kinda goodies.
SFT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #31660
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
Have pics of the clips? I might be able to find some MUCH cheaper (possibly free). ITW Nexus has all kinda goodies.
from bigboyjeep.com

Not sure of the exact dimensions but I can measure them when the downpour stops. Finding a cheap source would be awesome - the divider is basically useless if it takes 20 minutes to put in/out :/
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #31661
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

cleaned it up a bit. ordered some steering box skids for me and the wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #31662
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

today i took out the dana 35, and started putting in the 8.8.... for the second time
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #31663
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got stuck in a rainstorm with my doors off!!!
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #31664
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
got stuck in a rainstorm with my doors off!!!
yikes! that sux!
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #31665
Replayray
2004 LJ Wrangler 

OR Fab roll cage.

[QUOTE=robert_hollis;9272506]Picked up my new OR Fab sport cage from my local 4WD store. I ordered it Last week, and they'd told me to expect to have to wait 4 weeks, so I was freaking amazed to get it in today!

I started installing it too. Got it mostly together before running out of daylight. Still gotta finish trimming the plastic on my windshield so it'll clear the bars, and tighten everything up.

I installed the OR Fab roll cage in two different TJ's. I found that a good pair of scissors or tin snips works best when cutting the plastic around the windshield.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.