Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#42,002 ·
Changed the oil, took off the milk jugs, and attempted to remove the fender flares for spray on bedliner, but.....all the bolts just turned. Damn.
I had some problems with my flares too. Some, I was able to get a pair of pliers behind them and hold the little nut-thingys. Some of the grommets however, were another story. Good luck!! :cheers:

#42,005 ·
That's what I got and went with 33's however I can't disconnect until I get proper bumpstops. Next year I am getting new springs so I will be able to tell hom much I need
I ended up cutting a few with the Dremel and managed to get the rest off with pliers and sockets. Right now my fender flares are held on with zip ties until i find the flares im really happy with to install the actual factory hardware set i have in my room. Zip ties work great though. And they will just rip off easy if they get hung up bad instead of cracking the flare.

#42,010 ·
How much did you pay for these?

And if you somehow run into another set that someones selling, PLEASE let me know. Ive BEEN looking for a set of moabs in NY.

Thanks! :cheers2:
I wanted to buy yours, but you didn't want to sell.. Lol
Been looking for a set since I got my jeep a year ago because I missed my moabs on my old TJ.
Found these about an hour away for 500$ best part about them is the tires are practically new, and they're cooper stt's not the old m/tr's.
And don't you have a set on your jeep already? Why you lookin for another set?

#42,016 ·
Changed the oil, took off the milk jugs, and attempted to remove the fender flares for spray on bedliner, but.....all the bolts just turned. Damn.
I would just tape and paint...

#42,017 ·
I wanted to buy yours, but you didn't want to sell.. Lol
Been looking for a set since I got my jeep a year ago because I missed my moabs on my old TJ.
Found these about an hour away for 500$ best part about them is the tires are practically new, and they're cooper stt's not the old m/tr's.
And don't you have a set on your jeep already? Why you lookin for another set?
Well, i never wanted to get rid of the moabs if you remember, i just wanted to sell the tires so taht i can get some 32's. I had plenty of offers for the wheel/tires but i wasnt going to sell the moabs. Theres just no better rim for our TJs imo.

And i need a set now for my gfs TJ :2thumbsup:

Oh, and if you want to make a few bucks quickly and resell them to me for $575, ill come get them, haha :D

#42,018 ·
shoulda drove and picked them up, the savings on shipping woulda got u the matching spare :D

Good luck. very nice
Shipping was only $32 but thats more than half for the spare:) I only have 4 tires and 4 rims right now...spare will come later on as money permits (holidays kill my bank acct :( )