Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#41,884 ·
is there any other way to wash them? :laugh::laugh:
I have seen lesser mortals with so called 'cars' performing strange rituals involving buckets of sudsy water, tanned goat skins and garden hoses. Then they apply a cream to the things, let it dry till hazy and buff it off with a towel.

I have always averted my eyes as I think it's some sort of cult thing. One time with a rental 'car' I was offered three free 'automatic car washes' when I filled the tank and the clerk noticed the Chrysler convertable was mud incrusted from driving around the Waycross GA train yard I entered the mechanical device and placed the transmission in netural as instructed and was dragged through a series of flaps, brushes and blowers that left me uneasy for weeks:laugh:

#41,886 ·
I have seen lesser mortals with so called 'cars' performing strange rituals involving buckets of sudsy water, tanned goat skins and garden hoses. Then they apply a cream to the things, let it dry till hazy and buff it off with a towel.

I have always averted my eyes as I think it's some sort of cult thing. One time with a rental 'car' I was offered three free 'automatic car washes' when I filled the tank and the clerk noticed the Chrysler convertable was mud incrusted from driving around the Waycross GA train yard I entered the mechanical device and placed the transmission in netural as instructed and was dragged through a series of flaps, brushes and blowers that left me uneasy for weeks:laugh:
:rofl: :D

#41,888 ·
Love the lights on the spare tire but you need to work on the front. Wrap the lights around the bar better and it'll be on point!

BTW, anyone get pulled over for Christmas lights? I'm sure it's not legal.. probably not legal in virtually any state, but I'm hoping I don't have to worry about getting pulled if I put some on the exterior. I have some wrapped aroiund the rollbar on the interior and I'm going to do more battery powered lights too.

#41,890 ·
BTW, anyone get pulled over for Christmas lights? I'm sure it's not legal.. probably not legal in virtually any state, but I'm hoping I don't have to worry about getting pulled if I put some on the exterior. I have some wrapped aroiund the rollbar on the interior and I'm going to do more battery powered lights too.
I thought the same thing. I stayed away from the colored lights, especially red (emergency vehicles). I kept mine white... seems to be a similar thing to cars with those leds... right I mean just a little bit different placement.

I was also thinking about how clearance marker lights like so are legal:

#41,891 ·
Love the lights on the spare tire but you need to work on the front. Wrap the lights around the bar better and it'll be on point!

I think they are generaly fine around town but I don't know if I would try it on the interstates or freeways. I am sure some hardnose could give you a ticket for 'improper lighting' or causing a distraction or something. Probably safe if you had non-flashing white lights up front and red in the back, but that kind of blows the effect.

#41,893 ·
Got the gears and the ARB installed in the rear axle. All in all worked out well 2 tries and it was all happy. Then on to the crush sleeve which left me just about crushed. The darn thing did not want to crush with a 3/4" impact gun and that thing puts out close to 1100 ft/lbs.
So a 6ft cheater pipe and a lot of moaning and groaning got that done. Drilled and tapped the hole for the air tube and got her all buttoned up for the day. Next week gears and locker in the front axle.

Oh yeah in the mean time put some christmas lights up

#41,896 ·
Made some twin stick t-case shifters for my D300... made out of a bunch of 1/4" plate, some allthread, and a few nuts and bolts... about as cheap as you can get:p

I've gotta grind a little off of the rear output shifter since it slightly binds before it gets fully into low range, but otherwise works great:thumbsup:

edit: More details on them are in my build thread(link in sig).

#41,900 ·
Did you do that with a club???

I wanna do it next year!!! I'm an hour south!!!
About Virginia Beach Jeeps Off-Road - Virginia Beach Jeeps Off-Road (Virginia Beach, VA) - Meetup - Come on up, you are welcomed!

Are you guys using an inverter or did you find battery powered Christmas lights? I'm about to head out and I want to get some battery powered lights, but I'm not sure who would carry them.
I had a 2KW Honda generator in the back seat for the parade, I used it because I could, it was overkill. I also had a 2500 watt inverter available.

I'll be putting a wreath on it, using a 750W Black and Decker inverter for that.