What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 2095 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #31411
Disco69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Had to put the top back on since it snowed last night.....

[CENTER][B][SIZE="1"]3.5" RE Superflex Suspension Lift -|- RE Adjustable Trackbar -|- 35x12.50 STTs on Eagle Alloy 15x10s-|- D30 w/ ARB and Superior Outer Axle Seals -|- D44 w/ Detroit Locker -|- Superior 4.88s -|- ROKMEN Mercenary Front Bumper -|- ROKMEN Sliders -|- Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier -|- Warn M8000 Winch -|- JKS 1.25" BL -|- JKS 1" MML -|- Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks -|- OME Stabilizer -|- ARB OBA -|- MetalCloak Arched Front Tube Fenders[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767168"]My Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member #29[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="www.frozenaxles.com"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"]FROZEN AXLES[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Orange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Offroad[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Disco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #31412
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco69 View Post
Had to put the top back on since it snowed last night.....
Summer is over up there already?
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #31413
jonalexdeval
2004 TJ Wrangler 

put bestop safari top on for the summer

removed stock swaybar connecting brackets for quick connecting/disconnecting
jonalexdeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #31414
jonalexdeval
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
For the sake of your jeep I hope you can't get those stocker flares off... I would hate to see those bushcrackers installed
I have 6"ers and mine are fine after 6 years... look like new except for a few rubs. But I keep it garaged... sun is never good for plastic.
jonalexdeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #31415
Flyersdjh

Took my soft top and hardware off in an attempt to fix it.
Flyersdjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #31416
krahnilogikal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
watched it still sit cause of my broken *** transmission
Funny. I did the same thing today for the same reason.

Hopefully my new trans will be here tomorrow!

What's the problem with yours?

Edit: I also replaced the 40A accessory fuse in the engine bay. Shorted out a hot lead in the cab that was tapped into the unswitched supply.

Last edited by krahnilogikal; 04-08-2010 at 01:01 PM..
krahnilogikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #31417
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The front sway bar was hitting the frame on passenger side, I moved it back and 5 mins of driving its back in the same spot. I gotta buy some longer links/disconnects (jks quickers ftw) and see if that helps keep the bar from moving.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #31418
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

orderd Rusty's front and rear 3" lift springs...

still researching which way to go with the rear track bar, RC has their brackets on sale for $17.95 Jeep Accessories - Rear Track Bar Bracket but says it's for 2.5" lifts.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #31419
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
The front sway bar was hitting the frame on passenger side, I moved it back and 5 mins of driving its back in the same spot. I gotta buy some longer links/disconnects (jks quickers ftw) and see if that helps keep the bar from moving.
Go to your favorie vendor's web site or your search engine and type in:
Sway Bar Clamp System by Fabtech

These are supposed to work pretty well. No experience with them myself.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #31420
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not to ask a stupid question, but is your axle centered? (I have the same issue with the warrior quick disconnects I got.) They warriors are junk, but I don't think the frame issue is their fault - just did a lift and the front axle is fairly far off-center. Fixing it this weekend, or maybe tonight if the rain holds off..
Unread 04-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #31421
ChrisTJCO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had caught a few rocks in the windshield driving down the highway and had a couple of stars. I just switched insurance so I wasn't sure how they would handle it, but I logged onto their website, filed a windshield claim, and then just set an appointment for the guy to come to my work and fix the windshield. 45 minutes later, the guy was here, fixed the windshield, washed my windows, left me a can of window cleaner, vacuumed my car (!!) - all for free. Pretty awesome!
ChrisTJCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #31422
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Machine View Post
Go to your favorie vendor's web site or your search engine and type in:
Sway Bar Clamp System by Fabtech

These are supposed to work pretty well. No experience with them myself.
You da man, I will look at those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
Not to ask a stupid question, but is your axle centered? (I have the same issue with the warrior quick disconnects I got.) They warriors are junk, but I don't think the frame issue is their fault - just did a lift and the front axle is fairly far off-center. Fixing it this weekend, or maybe tonight if the rain holds off..
Not off center that I can see. The only axle that I had to re center was the rear. I guess I could buy an adjustable front track bar instead and see if that fixes the problem.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #31423
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not off center that I can see. The only axle that I had to re center was the rear. I guess I could buy an adjustable front track bar instead and see if that fixes the problem.
You don't -have- to recenter it, but it might be off - I used to overhang my fenders by about 1/2" or a bit more on each side. Now I'm even (or more) on the passenger side and the washer on the passenger side swaybar quick-disco is scratching up my frame.. can't help but think there might be a correlation there although the clamps would probably work just as well. (Redrilling the axle mount is free.)
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #31424
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
You don't -have- to recenter it, but it might be off - I used to overhang my fenders by about 1/2" or a bit more on each side. Now I'm even (or more) on the passenger side and the washer on the passenger side swaybar quick-disco is scratching up my frame.. can't help but think there might be a correlation there although the clamps would probably work just as well. (Redrilling the axle mount is free.)
This is true, Gotta figure out how far over I need to drill. Yeah its scratchin my frame pretty bad too.

Now, to figure out what the low growl i hear when decelerating from 25-0 sometimes is. Probably nothing but im a stickler for that ****.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #31425
CenTexTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

got my first speeding ticket in 6 years...in my neighborhood...fml
CenTexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.