What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 10-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #3076
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

I drove it on lots of Jeep roads this weekend :-) including a couple spots which I didn't think it would make it through (up steep really loose rocks, to a summit), but it did :-). My XJ never would have made it up there!

But I also learned one thing ... never, ever, go driving on dry dusty Jeep roads with the soft top up and the windows removed. That configuration seems to be like a wind tunnel, with the dust pulled in from the rear, quickly bathing the entire cabin in a thick coating of dust. It was so thick I could barely see! Even driving with the top OFF doesn't do this! From now on I'll either have the windows in or the top DOWN when driving on those roads :-)

bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 05:23 PM   #3077
I FLEX

Well im totally pissed because i changed out my front diff fluid and installed a Lube Locker this past weekend. Well i checked to see how it was working and its leaking. I dont know if its because of the lip of the cover being kinda jacked up or the gasket itself. I was retorquing the bolts and one of the heads snapped off.. "Fudgems!!!" I think im going to replace the cover with a RockCrusher cover and just use normal RTV. I gotta go an buy a drill out set to get the stupid bolt out now.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #3078
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I have never posted on this but I feel I should have, instead I am listing what I have done. I am always ehausted after a long day of wrenching...air tool donations can however be made through PayPal...J/k...not really.

-Installed Dana 44.
-Installed 2" BB
-5 fluid changes
-3 tranny fluid changes
-Installed lights
-Painted Headlight bezels
-Removed milk-jugs
-Removed bumper pads.
-Bought BFG MT's.
-Installed Trail Rack
-Removed Trail rack
-lost bolts for my trail rack, now it is useless.

I think thats it. Of yeah and I have crashed it twice so far. Once into a Subaru...there was more damage on my Jeep. Which I guess is good since the guy didnt want me to pay up, he totally didnt care. I felt like an idiot which was bad enough.
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #3079
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
I have never posted on this but I feel I should have, instead I am listing what I have done. I am always ehausted after a long day of wrenching...air tool donations can however be made through PayPal...J/k...not really.

-Installed Dana 44.
-Installed 2" BB
-5 fluid changes
-3 tranny fluid changes
-Installed lights
-Painted Headlight bezels
-Removed milk-jugs
-Removed bumper pads.
-Bought BFG MT's.
-Installed Trail Rack
-Removed Trail rack
-lost bolts for my trail rack, now it is useless.

I think thats it. Of yeah and I have crashed it twice so far. Once into a Subaru...there was more damage on my Jeep. Which I guess is good since the guy didnt want me to pay up, he totally didnt care. I felt like an idiot which was bad enough.

Pix?

Sounds like the guy in the Subaru didn't have a license.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #3080
goldrush
do it on a dogsled

2004 LJ Wrangler 

installed an internal switch panel for my winch
#200 v.2 black jeep club
goldrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #3081
1BadJeepX06
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Installed some KC Daylighters.... Oh Yeah!!

DH
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #3082
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepX06
Installed some KC Daylighters.... Oh Yeah!!

DH

I'm curious about all you guys who post here about adding high powered off road lights to your Jeeps. Do you really go 4-wheeling at night? Or do you actually use these on-road (I thought most of these were legal only for off-road use).

Are the lights just in case you aren't back off the trail by nightfall?

What am I missing? :-)
bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #3083
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27
Pix?

Sounds like the guy in the Subaru didn't have a license.

It wasn't bad enough to warrant pics...the corner of my bumber is curled up now. Not really a serious accident. The Subaru didnt have a scratch...I was very suprised.
Unread 10-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #3084
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

did some wheeling and took some flex pics
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #3085
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I filled mine with gas today($32.00). Our gas is sitting at $2.35 a gal the least I have paid in over a year. I got my husky mats coming on Sat.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #3086
jeeprz kreeprz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheiser
I'm curious about all you guys who post here about adding high powered off road lights to your Jeeps. Do you really go 4-wheeling at night? Or do you actually use these on-road (I thought most of these were legal only for off-road use).

Are the lights just in case you aren't back off the trail by nightfall?

What am I missing? :-)
Personally, I wheel at night when I can on the trails....it is really fun and is totally diffrent...like...night and day... Ok, that's enough....I would guess the other piece could be adding lights in case you are trapped at night, beaches at night, flashing all of them on at once on the freeway and freak out the guy that cut you off....
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #3087
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Ordered a SuperWinch EPi 9.0 from Amazon.com. $599.98 wth free ground shipping. Looking forward to installing it.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #3088
Geolee
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I managed to not wreck it when some idiot pulled onto the highway in front of me while I was doing 60. Gotta love those 4 wheel disc brakes on the Rubi! Left a lot of good rubber on the road.
Geolee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #3089
jeeprz kreeprz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstrike
Ordered a SuperWinch EPi 9.0 from Amazon.com. $599.98 wth free ground shipping. Looking forward to installing it.

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. A winch and cb are next on my list of mods.
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:17 PM   #3090
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wired in the CB after installing the Tuffy console on Sunday. Fixed the death wobble that occured on my way to work this morning. Axle side track bar bolt loosened.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.