What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 2051 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #30751
NorthWhiteWolf
1997 TJ Wrangler 

last nght i installed the new taillights on the back. today i will be replacing shocks and week end i will be installing recovery hooks.

NorthWhiteWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #30752
MisterO

Well first this...
[IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/appliancemeister/utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-24.jpg[IMG/]

Then I put in 38$ gas and filled her up.

Then calculated the mileage from the time my wife had the jeep and matched it up to mine. she pulled almost 300 (mix highway and local) miles out of the tank, when I was barely able to get 200...
I gotta let her drive more often. I'm always swithing lanes and tryin to get from point A to point B quicker..
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #30753
sed64ss
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well been working on the tj when i get a chance. But I still got alot to do. lets see
Things done: Rhino lined tub, 4 inch lift, build rear bumper and tire carrier, put on front bumper, build winch plate, mod winch to fit under front bumper, install bestop extenda trunk, build hood light bar/ high-lift jack mount, install second fuse box for all the goodies I'm gonna be running, install overhead cb/ storage/speaker bar... well that's all i can think of right now.

To do: on board air system, side Jerry can holder and rear fender ammo box storage, Paint jeep matte black (love the terminator look thank you Evian for the idea), build rear cargo basket, build overhead light bar, build bolt on roll bar kit, get bestop elemental doors, install 4 point sear belts, get new seats, build dual battery tray, buy pocket fender flares, buy 32X15 tires, buy Cragar V-5 Wheels, build side rock guards ( sorry forgot what there called),build drop down tail gate, ya i had a list some where, but lost it need to make a new one... oh and build a gun rack.[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #30754
jeepmojo01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ordered a rear bumper/swing out tire carrier from Ground Pounder Fab, and also ordered a new Currie Heavy Duty Tie Rod/ Draglink. Next is full set of adj control arms and Tom Woods drive shaft, then finally lift the transfer case back up, take those damn ugly *** spacers out.
[SIZE="5"][/SIZE][COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #2004[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/[/url][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/acronym-list-472282/[/url][/COLOR]

[url]www.MilitaryJeepers.com[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-error-code-list-861376/[/url]
jeepmojo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #30755
Mitchin
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo01 View Post
ordered a rear bumper/swing out tire carrier from Ground Pounder Fab, and also ordered a new Currie Heavy Duty Tie Rod/ Draglink. Next is full set of adj control arms and Tom Woods drive shaft, then finally lift the transfer case back up, take those damn ugly *** spacers out.
need any help on install
NIGHT CREW #16
Yellow Jeep Club #67

My Build Thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...-sport-973277/
Mitchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #30756
saint_louligan
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new (well, a rebuilt) water pump. It was slightly more work that I expected, but still far from difficult. Removing the hard line for the heater from the old pump was the most difficult part of all - I put it in a bench vice and broke a casting flange in the process. After setting it in the vice differently and applying heat, I was able to remove it. I suppose the broken flange makes the core useless for rebuilding, but I'm still going to try to return it for the core charge - perhaps they'll take it. If not, it's not a lot of money in the Jeep scheme of things.
saint_louligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #30757
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced the steering stabilizer with the Rancho, since the rest of my lift is backordered until mid April. (No thanks to 4wd.com, who's phone support last week told me it was already shipped out in time for my birthday-build tomorrow..)

Managed to outsmart myself and put the boot on backwards. (Had it right, then because it was dark and I was dumb I switched it around.) Debating pulling the stabilizer and turning it around or just cutting it off - the wif likes it ("the red is really cool"), so probably I'll just redo it.

I think it made a good amount of difference on the highway and some of the rougher patches of road on the way in, but that could be wishful thinking.
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #30758
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I located my last old style MT/R in a 35" flavor.

Saturday they get mounted and balanced. I'm pretty stoked.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #30759
Ktjex
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchintheTrail View Post
None of thy business but story please?
Oh sorry guys didn't mean to mislead y'all. I'm a third year med student on surgery rotation so gotta get to hospital EARLY. Top and doors are off cause weather was awesome yesterday an supposed to be good the rest of the week.

I was hauling *^% cause it was pouring rain! All is well. Really appreciate the concern though.

"Even if we are occupied with important things and even if we attain honor or fall into misfortune, still let us remember how good it once was here, when we were all together, united by a good and a kind feeling which made us perhaps better than we are." - Fyodor Dostovevsky
Ktjex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #30760
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktjex View Post
Oh sorry guys didn't mean to mislead y'all. I'm a third year med student on surgery rotation so gotta get to hospital EARLY. Top and doors are off cause weather was awesome yesterday an supposed to be good the rest of the week.

I was hauling *^% cause it was pouring rain! All is well. Really appreciate the concern though.
Nice! Glad to hear it was just you responding to work rather than taking your buddy to the hospital that chopped his finger off using power tools at 5am while drunk
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #30761
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
last nght i installed the new taillights on the back.
Glad you didn't install them on the front!
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #30762
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubic03 View Post
look at it. its not supposed to be that high up on the hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
It's not a Rubi
Ah, well...yes. I wasn't paying that close attention. Now I get it
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #30763
Tommy R
Geaux Tigers!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Loaded it up on the trailer and about to head to Llano for the Jeep Jamboree at Inks Ranch.
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #30764
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

When's the next one, Tommy? Do you know? I've been to Long's twice but never heard of Ink's...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #30765
Tommy R
Geaux Tigers!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree at Inks Ranch is this weekend. I think the next one is not 'til the fall in September or so. It's not cheap ("trails only" is $150), but for the property, it's worth it to me.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.