What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 2047 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 03-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #30691
Tex
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my new hardtop today. Just to see how it fits and to make sure It was as good a deal as I thought. Too bad I only get to use it for a few more days and it'll be summer down here. Then its topless till October!!

Unread 03-24-2010, 02:01 AM   #30692
miguelitojeep97

went to get in it, but it was missing....

damn thieves... thank god they couldnt start it. Was found in my ally and was towed.
1997 TJ 4.0 5 spd. rock track 4:1, 3.5 inch Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k, D44/30 locked with 4:88s, Vanco BIG BRAKES!!and more...
miguelitojeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #30693
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginwagon406 View Post
Solarpower and I installed my gask tank skid.

Painted mine today, but won't be able to install it for a couple of days. How did it go for you?
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:04 AM   #30694
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Looks like I will have to cut the bolts through and replace with new ones. Oh well, 60 minute project turns into something a bit bigger
Progress.

Borrowed a 18v reciprocating saw from a friend, got two new metal cutting blades and went to it. First cut the bolt just between the bracket and the bushing towards the head. It took some effort, but I got through. Then tried to punch the remaing bolt out, nope - it won't budge. So had to cut the other side as well between the bracket and bushing. A Class 10.9 14mm bolt cut twice! Out came the control arm.

All other three bolts came out easily. Replaced them all with new 9/16 x 4.5" Grade 8 nuts and bolts. Took for a test drive and its great. I have set the lower control arms at 16" (stock were 15.75"). That is what is recommended by Rokmen (and others) for my lift height. It actually steers better as well.
Kiwi Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #30695
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
Painted mine today, but won't be able to install it for a couple of days. How did it go for you?
We had no problem - my biggest fears were fuel lines and getting the tank out of the factory skid. The fuel lines came right apart and the factory skid bends open easily to reveal the tank.

My kit was missing the socket cap screws that hold the the tank straps together. We had to modify some stainless phillips headed srews I had to work in a pinch. My kit did not have a parts list with the instructions so I did not know ahead of time.

Took under 3 hours even with scrounging around for screws and other delays.
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #30696
B_faster
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
290? I have to squeeze every last drop to get to 200 miles per tank. But then again I have 35's and 4.10's.
Gears, I like my 4.10s with the 33s just enough to not regear. I would have to regear for 35s.
B_faster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #30697
TNixon06TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
Since I'm deployed, I had my wife pick up my first Jeep today. Here is the proof that I bought an '06 LJ

Looks good...as soon as you get home pull those "milkjugs" off the bumpers...scrap off that Rubicon lettering and get to building!

Enjoy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFSahara
Having a Jeep is like having herpes, sure it'll act up from time to time, but you'll never get rid of it
TNixon06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #30698
TNixon06TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tracked my budget boost, JKS body lift, and MML...starting searching for best tire vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFSahara
Having a Jeep is like having herpes, sure it'll act up from time to time, but you'll never get rid of it
TNixon06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #30699
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNixon06TJ View Post
Looks good...as soon as you get home pull those "milkjugs" off the bumpers...scrap off that Rubicon lettering and get to building!

Enjoy!!!!
Congratulations on the new Jeep and Welcome to the Jeep family!!! Don't forget to wave!! I'm glad to know that you knew that your Jeep was not a true Rubicon. You really have to wonder about a seller who put those stickers on there, unless they were very up front with the fact that Jeep isn't a Rubicon.

BTW, what's the thing under the driver's side headlight? OBA?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #30700
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
Since I'm deployed, I had my wife pick up my first Jeep today. Here is the proof that I bought an '06 LJ
That's a great starting point, and a REALLY nice looking LJ! Got any plans for once you get back?
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #30701
B_faster
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Congratulations on the new Jeep and Welcome to the Jeep family!!! Don't forget to wave!! I'm glad to know that you knew that your Jeep was not a true Rubicon. You really have to wonder about a seller who put those stickers on there, unless they were very up front with the fact that Jeep isn't a Rubicon.

BTW, what's the thing under the driver's side headlight? OBA?
I bet it is the connecter that was used when the Jeep was a Dingy (towed behind RV). Probably wired to the tailights, or extra bulbs in the taillights.

Coastie, Thanks for your service, and congrats on the Jeep, check out my build. I did a very capable but very drivable LJ Rubi build. I need to get new pics up.

If you happen to be at Sector San Juan, I have a son you could say hello to. That is his current station.
B_faster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #30702
mystangt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So damn clean and my favorite color!

CONGRATS!
mystangt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #30703
jsnolan99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just installed 2" seat risers. Wow, I like em so far. About to head to Lowe's to pick up a drill bit to install the Rokmen rear bumper frame tie ins.

JKS 1.25" BL/MML, Dirtworx rear bumper/tire carrier, Custom trimmed OEM flares (thanks JF for the ideas), ZJ tie rod, 4.5" RE Superflex, 315/75 R16's MTR w Kevlar compliments of JJUSA, RC 1.5" wheel spacers, more to come with time & money.....

[B][COLOR="Red"]Stock suspension parts For Sale[/COLOR][/B]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/stock-03-rubi-suspension-1045567/[/url]
jsnolan99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #30704
thewrangler84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Checkin out tirerack.com looking for some goodyear kevlar tires. anyone have those?
thewrangler84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #30705
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrangler84 View Post
Checkin out tirerack.com looking for some goodyear kevlar tires. anyone have those?
Not sure what size you are looking for, but I would advise calling the places rather than checking the internet...A lot of the sites are showing some in stock, but when you call or order, they are on backorder.

The kevlar's are in high demand and flying off the shelves like the KM2's did last year.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.