What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #3001
TERPS
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Purchased a new 2" OME lift kit for 425 buks.

TERPS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #3002
14psisupra

put front flairs back on and almost got stuck( no front drive shaft yet)
14psisupra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #3003
jtpaintball70

finally got the winch mounted... Fabtech bumper + MM Winch and plate = not fun at all...

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #3004
Ryuu600

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpaintball70
finally got the winch mounted... Fabtech bumper + MM Winch and plate = not fun at all...

Dang, thought my Jeep needed to be washed.
'06 TJ X Blue w/dark khaki top, 4.0L, 6 spd, 3.73, 30x9.5R15 Wrangler GS-As mounted on Ravine wheels, Soft-top w/half doors, 4 100w ProComp Offroad lights(2 bumper, 2 windshied), Cobra 29 LTD w/4' Firestik, Custom rear storage box.
Ryuu600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #3005
Materdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERPS
Purchased a new 2" OME lift kit for 425 buks.
New for 425???? Please share where!!!!
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #3006
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu600
Dang, thought my Jeep needed to be washed.
I just did some light wheeling on Monday... haven't gotten around to washing her yet... probly do that on Saturday

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #3007
TERPS
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materdaddy
New for 425???? Please share where!!!!
One of the users on the forum had posted it in parts for sale section. Was asking 500, i gave him 425. He bought from quadratec several months ago but sold the jeep before he installed it. Cheapest retail i've seen is around $600 on some sites.

TERPS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #3008
Materdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERPS
One of the users on the forum had posted it in parts for sale section. Was asking 500, i gave him 425. He bought from quadratec several months ago but sold the jeep before he installed it. Cheapest retail i've seen is around $600 on some sites.

Yeah, same here, you got lucky! Good Job!!!
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #3009
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

what defines 'stock' anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprz kreeprz
Just make a dart board of mods that fit your budget....throw a dart at it, see where it lands, and go for it.
I made a list of mods I want to make, and it came to over $10,000.

That's not gonna happen

Even if I could, I'm concerned about putting that much $$$ into it, because as has been pointed out in other threads, if the vehicle got totalled or stolen or something, that would all be money lost, the insurance wouldn't touch it.

So I'll end up with a much shorter list methinks ...

That's OK, it's fun even as it is, all stock

BTW, what do "you all" consider stock? I upgraded my tires to 30x9.5 from the 215/75's that came on it. But the 30x9.5 is a stock size on some models. So does that mean mine is still totally stock? or does "stock" really mean how it was when _I_ bought _mine_?
bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:23 AM   #3010
ReNxWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheiser
I made a list of mods I want to make, and it came to over $10,000.

That's not gonna happen

Even if I could, I'm concerned about putting that much $$$ into it, because as has been pointed out in other threads, if the vehicle got totalled or stolen or something, that would all be money lost, the insurance wouldn't touch it.

So I'll end up with a much shorter list methinks ...

That's OK, it's fun even as it is, all stock

BTW, what do "you all" consider stock? I upgraded my tires to 30x9.5 from the 215/75's that came on it. But the 30x9.5 is a stock size on some models. So does that mean mine is still totally stock? or does "stock" really mean how it was when _I_ bought _mine_?
Thats not the way to do it, stupid! You move one mod at a time, so you can fool yourself, your wallet, and your misses (if need be).. you NEVER total everything up!

Very true, with the totalling thing. My Z28 in my sig had around 8-10 grand in mods to it (not all were listed on cardomain).. when it was totalled, that was GONE. It still makes me sick thinking about, not only that that money is completely gone..but that it wasn't even my fault, so someone came into my life and took my baby AND my money away. Thats whats keeping me from going too crazy with anything I own anymore.. just get it the way you want it, and drive it. Take the advise from someone who's been there.

That being said, some insurance carriers offer modification insurance..you have to pay alittle more, but they give you the money back in the case of a wreck..something to look into. I believe it also covers aftermarket sound systems.

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #3011
jayr

(Yesterday) installed a new Pioneer HU - what a difference! Probably wont be long before I wreck the stock speakers...
jayr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #3012
98TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheiser
thats not totally true, i just got this from my INS agent

Quote:
an additional equipment coverage provision under part d- coverage for damage to your auto, has been added so that we will pay for loss to additional equipment that is permanently installed, but not originally installed by the mfg or factory, limited to $1000, at no additional cost to you. in addition to the base coverage of $1000 provided, you have the option to purchase additional equipment coverage in excess the limit at an additional premium.
i thought that was pretty cool
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #3013
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

"stupid", eh? LOL :-P

Where did I say I was planning to spend $10K all at once? I'm looking at it in the big picture ... the amount it'll take to do all the things I want, regardless of when I do them.

That optional insurance coverage sounds like a good idea and something to check into.
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #3014
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJSport
thats not totally true, i just got this from my INS agent

i thought that was pretty cool

yah, that looks good.
Unread 10-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #3015
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr
(Yesterday) installed a new Pioneer HU - what a difference! Probably wont be long before I wreck the stock speakers...
I think I'll start with the speakers then work toward the HU. I'm trying to decide between Infinity and MB Quart 5.25's

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.