What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1992 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #29866
Peanut72
1998 TJ Wrangler 

swapped out the rear shocks for the 3.25 RC lift with the correct ones. Thanks Jeffery for getting those out so fast and with no problems.

Took out pucks for the T-case drop and added in some washers in their place. Tried running it without the drop and had terrible vibes @ about 30 mhp. Added just over 3/4" in washers and has a very slight vibe @ 60ish.

Unread 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #29867
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

managed to muck up one of my fog lights somehow too
gotta figure out whats going on there
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #29868
AshtonT
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted some KC Apollo lights on windshield mounts, threw in some leds in the dash, and wired up a interior light switch
AshtonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #29869
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Took these. It's actually a Rubi LJ.
jeep_3.jpg   jeep_5.jpg  
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #29870
-BeNt-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Jeep dude, I bet that kayak(sp?) is a pain to get on and off there! Have you had any issues with mounting your plate up there?

I took my final measurements and marker where to drill my holes in the rear frame on both sides to mount my hooks tomorrow some time! And I went to harbor freight and bought my last hook I needed, another $10 into the Jeep....grrr
-BeNt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #29871
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Spent 6 hrs tearing out the pedal assembly to try and fix the rattling noise. Stripped the pedal's down to their individual parts, greased the hell out of every single part, made new thicker, heavy duty and oversized gaskets to go between the clutch master cyl/brake booster and the firewall, shimmed the bushings to take the play out of them and it STILL freakin rattles

I went as far as to tear the cowl off and remove the entire wiper assembly thinking maybe that was it but still rattles like a b*tch.

I have been dreading it but I guess I have no choice but to tear the dash out and then re-assemble it taking a test drive after I put each one back
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #29872
krahnilogikal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
Flares look great. Nice job. Which cool trick with the fog light relay are you referring to?
Thanks man. I still need to do a little more clean up. Apparently I can't draw or cut a straight line!

From the factory, when you flip on your high beams, the fog lights turn off. To get around this you have to bend post #1 (mine are labeled) on the fog light relay until it lays flat onto the side of the relay. This keeps it from plugging in and then you can have your fogs and high beams on at the same time. There is a write up somewhere out there that gives more details on exactly which post needs to be bent.

BTW... I really dig your highline! Is that the AEV kit? Looks nice!!
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #29873
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lost some weight

Unread 03-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #29874
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Lost some weight

Nice! I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago... Did you fill the hole where brake light wires come through? I can't tell in the pic.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #29875
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I upgraded the stereo from the Alpine I installed in 1998 to a new one. Now I can play MP3's.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #29876
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lost some weight

So where is the spare tire?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #29877
Disco69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Did a little bit of this yesterday:

[CENTER][B][SIZE="1"]3.5" RE Superflex Suspension Lift -|- RE Adjustable Trackbar -|- 35x12.50 STTs on Eagle Alloy 15x10s-|- D30 w/ ARB and Superior Outer Axle Seals -|- D44 w/ Detroit Locker -|- Superior 4.88s -|- ROKMEN Mercenary Front Bumper -|- ROKMEN Sliders -|- Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier -|- Warn M8000 Winch -|- JKS 1.25" BL -|- JKS 1" MML -|- Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks -|- OME Stabilizer -|- ARB OBA -|- MetalCloak Arched Front Tube Fenders[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767168"]My Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member #29[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="www.frozenaxles.com"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"]FROZEN AXLES[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Orange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Offroad[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Disco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #29878
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceGirl View Post
Nice! I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago... Did you fill the hole where brake light wires come through? I can't tell in the pic.
But of course!
And all the wiring is nicely tucked away.

Little holes are sealed with an o-ring.

Unread 03-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #29879
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
So where is the spare tire?
YouTube - Bob Seger Ramblin Gamblin Man

But seriously, it's in my sun room right now

I need to hose it off before I haul it into the basement. It's covered in salt.
Unread 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #29880
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But seriously, it's in my sun room right now

I need to hose it off before I haul it into the basement. It's covered in salt.
Whenever I drive without a spare tire, I seem to need one. Aren't you worried?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.