What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 195 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #2911
bheiser
2006 KJ Liberty 

I spent the day waxing it using my favorite professional grade Meguiars products

And my license plates arrived yesterday so I put them on!

And lastly, I posted an ad to sell my stock 215x75x15 tires - but no takers yet :-(. I figured $200 for 5 nearly new tires would sell, but maybe not...

bheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #2912
Torn66

installed my PA 1" body lift on the rubi, ooil change....putting in the BPE's i didnt have time to do when i did my BB a few weeks back.

then ski rack gets drilled on the hardtop for Killington!!
Unread 10-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #2913
jonster
2014 JK Wrangler 

Installed my Jeep Medic Tummy Tuck.
Unread 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #2914
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bought her a 5.2 drivetrain
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #2915
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I put on my hard top.

To most guys the day after the Superbowl is the coldest day of the year. At least there is still hockey. To me the day I put on my hard top takes that honor leaving the day after the Superbowl as a close second. As this usually occurs in mid October, at least there is still football.

I also changed my downstream O2 sensor. The old one was as bad as I thought it was. That put the stroke back in stroker.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #2916
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Painted and installed my Rockhard 4x4 bolt in cage
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #2917
soxlover

K&N cold air intake that I ordered weeks ago finally got put in, and I love the way it sounds. Now I gotta go back to remodeling the house.
soxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #2918
Texas TJ

my first flop and a fractured foot and i snapped the front driver side inner and blew up the u-joint.

bent fender, dent right on the jeep logo, dented the hood, dented the windshield frame.

im sore and drugged up

you know how they say keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times?

theyre right

If it won't budge, get a bigger hammer, if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway.
Texas TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #2919
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

went to install my budget boost but was told i cant use the gararge. WTF

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #2920
yepitsme

Removed the front swaybar bolts, drilled a hole in the shank for a pin and a hole through the head for some wire. Swaged the wire from the head of the bolt to the pin, installed and VOILA! Homemade quick disconnect!

Got some 3M 4" grey grip tape, cut it in the shape of the sides of the windshield frame and fold down bracket, applied. Covers the tree limb scratches, prevents more, and looks pretty good as my jeep is silver.

Installed a rear bumper I bought on ebay from a place called Beach Offroad. Cost me 177.00 to my door and came with d-ring brackets and a 2" receiver. It's a little bit bowed towards the top and the finish isn't all that great but man is it sturdy! 1/4" 2x4 steel with 8 grade 8 mounting bolts! D-ring brackets are passed through the bumper and welded front and back. Receiver is attached in a cutout at the bottom and is continouously welded top, front, bottom and back. Drilling the holes for the inner 4 bolts wasn't too hard, but installing the inner driver's side bolts was a BI*CH!!

Bought a Thule Adventure 1150 galvanized trailer for hauling camping gear and whatever behind the Jeep. Cargo box dimensions are 3 1/2' x 5' x 14". The trailer will carry 1100 lb and only weighs 220 lbs empty. Snagged it up for 400.00. Silver galvanized box and frame, with black plastic fenders and silver wheels. Matches my Jeep colors and looks cool behind it! Here's a picture: http://jmcamper.com/trailer/index.ph.../image/31.html Mine doesn't have the Thule plastic top and the tail lights are round, but you get the idea!

2005 Silver Wrangler X Auto, Rubi Tires & Wheels, Homebrew QD's, Tow Hooks fore & aft, Fisher LD Plow for the white stuff.
yepitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #2921
YJ-Mike

Put on a Borla Cat-Back system. PITA to drop the skid and re-install, toughest part I think was getting the rubber hanger pieces off of the old muffler/tailpipe. Finally just broke out the grinder with a cut-off wheel.

2006 TJ X (Stock - w/ Borla Cat-Back Exhaust)

Built a YJ from the ground up:

- '04 4.0L (4,000 miles), NV3550 (0 miles), NP231 w/ HD SYE (9,000 miles), 33x12.50x15 Pro-Comp AT's, HP D30/8.8 (4.56 gears), ARB Lockers front and rear w/ compressor, hard/soft tops, full/half doors.
-----> Build thread can be read here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-build-plan-259306/
YJ-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #2922
Texas TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yepitsme
Got some 3M 4" grey grip tape, cut it in the shape of the sides of the windshield frame and fold down bracket, applied. Covers the tree limb scratches, prevents more, and looks pretty good as my jeep is silver.
these are more better

http://noboundaries4x4.com/cart/inde...products_id=56

If it won't budge, get a bigger hammer, if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway.
Texas TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #2923
mytjtoy
CJ--my drug of choice!

1976 CJ7 

Moved my Sirius box, installed my dome light bypass kit and wired in my hardtop harness for defrost, wiper and squirter!

The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
mytjtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #2924
I FLEX

Started to manually sipe my tires. I had them originally done at the tire shop but the tread has worn past the depth they did them at, they said they could not go any deeper.

I've been doing it with a razor blade and following the cut s on the edge of the lugs from the original. Im hoping it will help the traction now that its starting to rain in Washginton. If all else fails i may cough up for new tires...
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #2925
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Red marker lights

I, with the help of my dad and his arsenal of tools, installed some red 2 inch led on the corners. I freaked when the darn things didn't work!! It took me a minute to realize I had the pigtails plugged in backwards. I switched them up and everything is golden.

Grote brand lights are bright!

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.