What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 192 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #2866
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got rear ended going to work this morning... at first I was worried he mangled my rear crossmember since I don't have a rear bumper right now... but luckily it was a lowered Civic and he went under me. A good bit of damage to his hood from my gas tank skid though

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #2867
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ha, he just paid your new tire carrier I take it?

anways, i worked on welding my 8.8 brackets
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #2868
alexor

In the last 5 days, I have turned Mr. Jeep into Matriarch Jeep!

I painted the fender flares with Krlyon Fusion Ultra Flat.

I FINALLY got the back-up lights working by replacing the neutral safety switch.

I got in a CD player, wired and mounted it myself. It doesn't even skip off-road!!

The feeling of euphoria I had while driving it down the road with the top down and music playing was overwhemling.

alexor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #2869
Piratejonh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I removed, had welded, and replaced the cracked header. Holy smokes, I'm not a mechanic so it only took 2 days, 6 beers, 14 bandaids, and an apology to the neighbors for the cursing and hammer chunking. Cool though it didn't cost anything but time, and I learned something about my jeep. Till next payday.....
Piratejonh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #2870
jeeprz kreeprz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materdaddy
Not to be an ***, but it looks like your diamond plate goes under your rockers... you might want to re-think that as it will mess with the preload (if you did pre-load) on your rockers. That could spell damage to the tub, which is what I presume you're trying to eliminate with the rockers in the first place!

What made you decide to remove the snorkel? Just curious....

I finished fabbing and welded (almost all) of the front roll cage.....ran out of wire with two more welds left....isn't it wonderful when you forgot that you already used the spare wire roll after everyone closes?

Gotta order the padding and ties. Only thing left on the cage is to weld the rear bar where the five point will mount. That will wait until the cash flow allows me to get the seats I want.
Unread 10-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #2871
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

(yesturday)
I put in some aux. back-up lights. I just slpiced them with the reverse light wires so they come on when I reverse.

I dont like how they look that much and will probably replace them later on with some white rectangle lights, but for $14 you cant beat it.
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #2872
98TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo
(yesturday)
I put in some aux. back-up lights. I just slpiced them with the reverse light wires so they come on when I reverse.

I dont like how they look that much and will probably replace them later on with some white rectangle lights, but for $14 you cant beat it.

that looks like a cool spot for them, cuz i know from experience that on the bumper they will just get ruined from water.
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #2873
Materdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprz kreeprz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materdaddy
Not to be an ***, but it looks like your diamond plate goes under your rockers... you might want to re-think that as it will mess with the preload (if you did pre-load) on your rockers. That could spell damage to the tub, which is what I presume you're trying to eliminate with the rockers in the first place!
What made you decide to remove the snorkel? Just curious....

I finished fabbing and welded (almost all) of the front roll cage.....ran out of wire with two more welds left....isn't it wonderful when you forgot that you already used the spare wire roll after everyone closes?

Gotta order the padding and ties. Only thing left on the cage is to weld the rear bar where the five point will mount. That will wait until the cash flow allows me to get the seats I want.
You quoted the wrong guy... I didn't remove the snorkel, I was pointing out the problems with his "cover-up" and preload on his rockers, it was UTWeezul you should have quoted
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #2874
jlawson382
2004 TJ Wrangler 

(2 weeks & 2500 miles retroactive post) I bought it!
jlawson382 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #2875
jeepster4.0

i put on a new set of goodyear wrangler silent armour 31''x10.5 after having stock tires,man what a difference looks like a real jeep, next time ill go bigger!!
jeepster4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #2876
Rick98TJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I repainted my headlight bezels black.
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]RJC #380[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
98 TJ Sport
CV/ZJ/JK Frankenlift:
ZJ front coils w/ 2" Daystar spacer
JK Shocks front and rear
CV Rear coils
Rick98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #2877
FL 4.0L

6 qts. of dino 10W-30 out, 6 qts. in. Used the last Motorcraft filter I had. I'll use a NAPA Gold filter from here on out. Since my new tires only have 1500 miles on them, I'll wait for the next oil change to do the rotation.
FL 4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #2878
blacktjsport
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a set of the $200 smittybilt flat fenders!! Also got another piece of my frankenstein 4" lift (front trackbar). I have a lot of projects going on this winter (front and rear Waggy D44's w/ ARB's and 4.88's, 4" lift, SYE & CV shaft, flat fenders and prolly more!!)

-Parts list keeps growing...
blacktjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #2879
jerico

Had my new BFG. 31"s and rock crawlers installed today. Looks "GREAT."
jerico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #2880
eclipse27
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Put a flip out stereo in it, putting gps in it tommorrow
eclipse27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.