What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1561 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #23401
backgroundnoise
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I installed rocker switches for my lights above the windshield in the space between the sun visors. Found out my camera is MIA... time for a new one I guess.

backgroundnoise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #23402
TJftw
1999 TJ Wrangler 

put in a 3/4" spring spacer on the front to level out the weight. perfect
Black Jeep Society Member #398

*Jeep Wave*
TJftw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #23403
MisterO

Well i missed my TJ to much which i sold not to long ago so i went out and bought an LJ bit newer then my last jeep since that was a 97 and also got and extra couple inches.. its an 04 , silver unlimited with 22,000 miles...

The problems with it that must be addressed asap are...
1- Way to low for my liking.. its like a lowrider jeep..
2- it has a god awful chrome bumper up front which kinda makes me puke..
3- it has these little teeny tires..

but here it is as it stands today.. ill get more pictures over the weekend.. Im pretty excited!!!

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #23404
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You'll love those GS/As

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #23405
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got new 30/9.5.15 BFG A/TS and.
Then I took out my back seat and stole my dads custom made security box for his YJ. Now for some drilling tomorrow to make it all fit perfect in my TJ.

Also, a nice touch up all-round with Mother's back to black.
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #23406
ZBDsTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's raining. Swam over to the rearend shop, Parson's Differential, to bail out my jeep. Had them swap the open 3.07's for dual TrueTracs and 4.11's. Put on my scuba gear and paddled back to the house. It's supposed to rain all weekend. That means I'll have to buy my wife some scuba gear, too!

From what I could tell from my short ride, 4.11's on 31's is gonna hit the mark just right for me. 2nd gear seems to be maybe just a touch taller than 1st was before the swap - you could now use 2nd for take off with just a little slip of the clutch. 1st gear is not quite a "granny gear" so it's more like it should be.

I was going to 4.56's but after reading you guys helped me decide on the 4.11's and I believe it was the right choice.
Old Dudes Jeep Club #2750 "Sobriety is overrated."
"Suicide is a symptom of bipolar disorder."
ZBDsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #23407
w9kh_kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up some 2 gauge welding cable a few days ago to upgrade the winch wiring and the rest of the ignition wiring. Got the connectors and heat shrink from the brown santa yesterday. That should keep me busy for a while this next week.
Vortex winch wiring is 8 or 6 gauge. Even not under load, the wire was getting a little warm when spooling in the full length. Wire upgrade and moving the solenoid this coming week.
w9kh_kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #23408
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed an Alpine ida-x305 head unit. So far, I love this thing. No cd player, just am/fm and excellent ipod control.

The ipod interface blows away the Pioneer avic I had in my last car, and that was a double din touch screen.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #23409
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, ZBDsTJ, Jeep put 4.10's in the Rubi, which came with 31's, so yes, that's the "correct" gearing.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #23410
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well i just confirmed with the shop. My TJs t case is being torn apart as we speak to see wtf is wrong with it.

FML

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #23411
blkrubi88
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Took the doors back off to enjoy the wheather. Not calling for rain for the next several days. But this is N.C. that could change by the time you read this post.
blkrubi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #23412
mtngoat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
I had straight pipes put on (kept the cat). Sounds decent, a little throaty, but still not louder than my MT's and soft top.

Went to the local steel yard and had a drop bracket made (3" square sheet of steel with some holes drilled) to re-align the t-case linkage (t-case drop bracket) - $10

Painted my new hi-lift to help fend off rust.

Spent 2 hours looking for an HP30 and D35 with 4.10's.
Do you have a pic of the bracket? I have some 3" flat stock and I happen to notice that my TC linkage is jacked at a weird angle a few days ago when I was changing my oil.... I would like to make one, if it is working well.... THX...

WTB: 2" Used OME Springs. PM me w/details

Live for Him.... because He died for you....!
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #23413
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll get one. Basically there are two small holes to mount it to the bracket that is attached to the body with two small existing bolts. Then there is one large hole to relocate the torque shaft (this hole is placed below the original one however deep your t-case drop is.) Finally there are two small holes on either side of the large hole to mount the "flange" that the torque shaft goes into. This flange didn't seem completely necessary, but if I don;t keep it attached to the jeep I'll lose it!
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #23414
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

after getting the longarms and flexing it for the first time realized i had some cutting to do, after cutting ".5 off the inner fender well last week i went out to flex it today, seems to have done the trick
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #23415
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

also forgot to mention i ordered these RT81580 - Allied Racing - 15in x 8in Black Rock 8 Steel Beadlock Wheel - Sold Each : Tellico 4x4
only had enough money to buy 2, ill buy the other 2 when ever i get some more money scraped up. i knew if didnt get what i could afford now i would end up blowing the money on something else

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.