What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #2326
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpaintball70
almost rolled my TJ when I sunk on one side in soft sand... at least it felt like it was about to go over... But I could have been freakin out a bit much. Had to get a pull out from a friend.
Got any pics????

01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #2327
jtpaintball70

I wish. I'll try and go back to the area with a camera this time. None of us even thought to bring one, since we didn't figure anything interesting would happen.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #2328
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake97jeep
I took the factory side steps off my 97 tj and tried to get off the front fender flare extentions but had no luck, the bolts just kept turning. Any tips form anyone?

Same thing was happening to me, then I used a screw gun and they came right off.

Ohh, "only" paid $2.83 per gallon today. Another $0.10 down from last week.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #2329
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I filled her up for $2.81 today but it still cost $45.00 for a fill up. Im glad to see these prices finally droping a little
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #2330
lastcool

I made a little shelf out of wood and covered with carpet to cover the "trunk" since the top will be coming down soon (as soon as its under 100F its coming off ).
Put a cap to a dasani water bottle on the lock for the center console so i quit burning my arm on it
Finally got my death wobble fixed. it only took $300 and a good talking to the manager at the stealership. made out with 4 adj. lower control arms, steering box skid, new shocks all around and a new steering stabilizer. not too bad all installed for the price

oh and saw gas at 2.59........... but i had just filled up for 2.75
lastcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #2331
ReNxWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcool
I made a little shelf out of wood and covered with carpet to cover the "trunk" since the top will be coming down soon (as soon as its under 100F its coming off ).
Put a cap to a dasani water bottle on the lock for the center console so i quit burning my arm on it
Finally got my death wobble fixed. it only took $300 and a good talking to the manager at the stealership. made out with 4 adj. lower control arms, steering box skid, new shocks all around and a new steering stabilizer. not too bad all installed for the price

oh and saw gas at 2.59........... but i had just filled up for 2.75
That sounds like it might be worth the trip to AZ. Now who is this manager, and how long did you have to service him sexually?

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #2332
lastcool

His name is Chris, and luckily no sexual service was needed , just 3 days of constant phone calls and suprise visits (i like to keep 'em on their toes ). at first he said he couldnt do anything and there was no way to fix it without putting on a whole new lift (he offered me a teraflex kit for "his price" of $1600 ), but after a day of calling him and offering to pay $300 to fix it right and all of a sudden he found the parts and then had a guy that "specialized in lifts" that could put everything on the next day .
It just reminded me of how much i hate the service department at dealerships
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #2333
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcool
...just 3 days of constant phone calls and suprise visits (i like to keep 'em on their toes ).

It just reminded me of how much i hate the service department at dealerships
And that comment reminds me why I hate some of my customers...

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #2334
ranger 66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I drove it for the first time in nearly two weeks. I had to wait till I got a day off to go and pick up my permanent tag. My 30 day tag expired but I couldn't get off during normal business hours to take care of it. I missed my Jeep.

2004 Wrangler X (traded)
2005 Wrangler RME Sold
ranger 66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #2335
ReNxWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
And that comment reminds me why I hate some of my customers...
All salesmen suck/try to screw the customers. It just seems like car dealerships tend to do it more, because they can.

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #2336
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNxWar
All salesmen suck/try to screw the customers. It just seems like car dealerships tend to do it more, because they can.
I'm not a salesman... thankfully.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #2337
lastcool

I wasn't trying to offend anyone... and hey, i was always nice to the guy, i just wanted to make sure that he didnt forget about me . Post of the people at that dealership just arent the easiest people to deal with
Unread 09-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #2338
tjpv3

if im thinkin right, there is plastic "nuts" on the other side of the screws that hold the fender ext. on. On the rear you have to take the fender wells and move them to reach the "nuts". on the front just reach around the metal part of the fender
tjpv3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #2339
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Aired her down, only to be told the beach was closed due to the storm. Guy made us wait till 5 when it opens, then his supervisor calls telling him not to let anyone out. Aired back up, and hit the road.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #2340
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Changed rear diff fluid
unsung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.