What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1517 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #22741
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm View Post
Got my LJ aligned over at 4wheelparts in Portland after finishing my lift, and really lovin the new Currie JJ's, RE Mono's and 3.5" springs

Yes I know my nerfbars are chrome, they are on the list
It seems that someone else has my lights, haha! Its about time I have actually SEEN them on something else!

Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #22742
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
It seems that someone else has my lights, haha! Its about time I have actually SEEN them on something else!
You deserve all the credit for giving me the idea. After seeing your build thread I thought they were the coolest headlights and had to have a set for mine
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #22743
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd_cdn View Post
WOW ... THANK YOU MISTER BIOLOGY.. I CAN NOW SLEEP BETTER KNOWING THAT... THANK YOU OH THANK YOU WISE ONE... IF ONLY WE COULD ALL STRIVE TO BE LIKE YOU ... YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS INFINITE, I BOW DOWN TO YOU !!!!
Well that seems a bit much. Your gratitude is thanks enough.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #22744
jeepmojo01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a new Sony CDX-GT630UI from Amazon and the install kit from Quadratec to go with my 6 1/2 Alpines in my soundbar
jeepmojo01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #22745
WhatBump1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My new toy that I picked up on Wednesday

Ok promised some pics

what a difference...lol
will show some more when I get time to make some

BMW Z4 M Coupe to Jeep TJ to Jeep CJ7 to BMW R1200C
WhatBump1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #22746
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm View Post
You deserve all the credit for giving me the idea. After seeing your build thread I thought they were the coolest headlights and had to have a set for mine
Glad to help man!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #22747
03JeeperX

1991 XJ Cherokee 

bought my tie rod from quadratec today first time dealing with them!!!!! crossing my fingers
Unread 08-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #22748
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Buffed out her hood, with my new Porter Cable..........Mmmmm so smooth, and shiny!

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #22749
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

cleaned of some URE mud
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #22750
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Got all my gear organized for Rausch all weekend . Tomorrow i'll get up early and re-bleed the brakes before we go.
Unread 08-22-2009, 03:21 AM   #22751
corndogduff

Watched it drive away.
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #22752
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finally drove it again after a month of being away from her. The up side to the last month is that I had a commander
Unread 08-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #22753
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed Performance Accessories 1" body lift. The instructions couldn't have been less helpful, but we got it done. Overall I'm very pleased.

Installed Brown Dog 1" lift motor mounts with rubber bushings. I couldn't be more pleased with these. There was a slight problem with the passenger side's external rubber ring not quite fitting effortlessly, but not a big deal.

That allowed me to remove the TC drop kit. Well, not remove it so much as reverse it. 4WP kept my factory bolts when they installed my lift (that included the drop kit), and the bolts TeraFlex included for the kit aren't fully threaded, so I ended up putting the 1" spacers UNDER the skid, so between the bolt head and bottom of TC skid, rather than between the top of the TC skid and the frame. Looks a little silly and yet badass at the same time, but it's disappearing as soon as I can get the proper bolts back in there. Can't wait for SYE/CV and flat or at least shallow TC skid. By the way, if anything it runs MORE smoothly now than it did with the TC drop. I couldn't say why, really, but the MML did the trick. It also prevented me from having any shifter or TC shift linkage issues. Everything's smooth as butter. Smoother than before, actually.

I also finally unboxed and installed the Currie heavy duty tie rod and drag link set I got from Savvy. It took maybe half an hour all told--except for dropping the pitman arm fitting (using a puller at that spot was murder), which itself too probably an hour and a half in the wee hours of the morning. When they say heavy duty, they aren't kidding. These two pieces were massive and heavy. The stock crap looked like twigs next to the Currie set. I'll post a pic tomorrow if anyone hasn't already seen the comparison pics 134634 times before.

Over all it was a productive day. Everything just took much longer than it should've because there was always at least one pain in the *** thing that was harder than it should've been.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #22754
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Jebus, I'm jealous. Pics are required.
oh i guess so... if only to please the masses

It still has to settle so it will be much tighter in a couple of weeks
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #22755
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebussaves0 View Post
oh i guess so... if only to please the masses

It still has to settle so it will be much tighter in a couple of weeks
So Sweet....so jealous...
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.