What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1508 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #22606
MightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In the last 4 day's I have, taken off the front bumper, installed Smitty winch plate, Warn XD9000i, Smitty rock sliders w/ side rail, Optima Blue D34M, relocated factory fog lights on top of the winch, and broke the plastic nipples off my front locker actuator testing the Rubi's new found abilities. Jeep could have put a few more moments of thought into the placement of the locker acutators. It's like the engineer was made to come into work drunk on a Sunday and was like screw it, put 'em there, they'll fit. Anyhow, they'll be getting relocated under the brake booster this week.

MightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #22607
zukibud600
1997 ZJ 

Installed new waterpump and radiator after the old waterpump decided to come apart and send the fan through the radiator!!!!
zukibud600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #22608
retroflow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceGirl View Post
Took off (busted off) the milk jugs on the front bumper, and replaced them with end caps.... Much nicer looking!

Seriously, has anyone ever gotten those things off intact?

Oh, and I bought her some touch up paint.... finally! And I got webbing to make some Oh poop handles.... Yay!
My stock end caps on both ends of the front were busted by a Subaru so removing them only took a hard kick on each of them. I was going to get flush fit end caps but it's a low priority for me.
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #22609
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Folded her rear seat forward and raised the top in order to gain space to transport the new 27", 5-drawer, caster-rolling tool chest I got from Home Depot as a display discount for $140. Finally, I have a place to put my wrenches and sockets and such!

Also cleaned out the garage for her. After painting the new BESRK (Ground Pounder Fab) bumper/carrier for her, I'd yet to sweep out the dusty layer of rattle-can particulate that covered the floor of the garage, and pieces of trash and bits of random stuff were everywhere, collected after various projects. I'm a slobby procrastinator sometimes.

Now if I can sell off my stock front and rear bumper, tires/wheels, headlights, tie rod, drag link, and other items, I could get enough space and money back to put both vehicles in the garage again and buy new stuff for her, respectively. Here's hoping to save enough for an Eaton E-Locker for the front to match the one that's soon to be installed in the rear with the S35 kit.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 02:50 AM   #22610
corndogduff

I came even closer to selling her today, its just down to paperwork and money in my hand...

Glad Norah's going to a fellow jeeper though. I'm gonna miss her, that year we spent together was magical...
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #22611
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffers View Post
I got one jug off intact, i had to melt the other one off

ok didnt have to but it was fun
LOL! I'm sure my neighbors thought I was nuts, sitting in the driveway kicking at my bumper.... But they think I'm nuts anyway..... (darn, what if they're right?????)

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #22612
mtngoat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbbh View Post
Bedlined the fenders/flares/grill!!!

That's pretty sweet! Do you happen to have a close-up pic of the texture? What kind of liner did you use?

WTB: 2" Used OME Springs. PM me w/details

Live for Him.... because He died for you....!
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #22613
JoeySnow70
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbbh View Post
Bedlined the fenders/flares/grill!!!
I line the look of the Bedliner, but im really interested in the spot lights on your windshield. What brand are them? Wre you got them from? Is it a custom job? They look great

Joe
FrankenHeep the 97 TJ, 4 Banger with Franken Lift (to many donnors to list), 33" Buckshots, 4.88 Gears, cheapo 8,000lb winch W synth line, 8.8 rear end, Riddler Diff Covers, Tom Wood shaft, some armor, Sanden OBA, CB, GPS, SYE and some other acronyms I can not publish.
JeepForum Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #0
Hegh qaSpa' quvHa'
JoeySnow70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #22614
boardsurfer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I replaced the blower motor relay. $12 @ Checker. Yea! I have air again.
boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #22615
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySnow70 View Post
I line the look of the Bedliner, but im really interested in the spot lights on your windshield. What brand are them? Wre you got them from? Is it a custom job? They look great
I'd like to know that, too, actually...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #22616
mtngoat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Put my doors and top back on (first time in 2 wks) because the weather turned wet.... Also, finally got some pics of my homemade 2"+ BB here is before:

AND....after:

The mod was just the spring spacers and some .25 inch flat stock to relocate the front and rear trackbars. (still deciding which shocks to get). Took a mild wheeling trip just to gauge how the springs will ride (with restricted droop).... it performed fine... cost so far= $8 for some grade 8 bolts (to replace some old rusted hardware).... And yes.... I know....need tires... New 33's are in the near future!!!

WTB: 2" Used OME Springs. PM me w/details

Live for Him.... because He died for you....!
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #22617
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

My Rokmen steering box skid came in today. So i'll go paint it.
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #22618
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cleaned the IAC, greased steering shaft body bushing (had the squeaks), seafoam thru the brake booster, replaced under-hood bulb, and replaced driver's side courtesy floor bulb.
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #22619
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_j00 View Post
Cleaned the IAC, greased steering shaft body bushing (had the squeaks), seafoam thru the brake booster, replaced under-hood bulb, and replaced driver's side courtesy floor bulb.
okay, dumb question, how did you grease it? I mean its on my to do list, it looks like its not the greatest to access. Just curious if you did any thing special or not?

finished some painting on some small parts, need a new 'Rod End', may have a line on a York Compressor .. we will see
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #22620
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced u-joints in my D-30 - while I was working on it found out my tie rods were toat too so another run to the parts store - I did the ZJ tie rod upgrade as well.
noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.