What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1503 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 08-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #22531
djfuzzy
Web Wheeler

Went wheelin with a few buddies and some other guys with FJ's and monster JK's.

Almost flipped my TJ.

(Freeze frame from a video...sorry about the quality.

Searching for a CJ again

Sold: 2000 TJ
1983 CJ7 Renegade
djfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #22532
Tecks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

^looks hella fun, you put the video on youtube or anything?
Tecks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #22533
jdub64
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped worn out 35 MTs for 33x12.5 Goodyear Duratrac ATs - got more power available and incredibly smoother/quieter. Haven't been off the pavement yet but I'm liking the results for daily driving.
jdub64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #22534
jdub64
2004 TJ Wrangler 

oh, and don't need to re-gear now with the smaller tires!
jdub64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #22535
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I stood and stared at her as I procrastinated starting the job of regearing, and new axles!
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #22536
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIROCKER View Post
I stood and stared at her as I procrastinated starting the job of regearing, and new axles!
speaking of regearing...

I spent a large portion of tonight at work reading through regearing threads. I need to get 5th gear back and I want to be able to crawl on the trails when I take it offroad, so this is going to be attempted as soon as I can afford it. I have NO clue how much it will cost though
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #22537
pierceandrew
2005 TJ Wrangler 

has anyone ever made their own deck cover fron an old soft top
pierceandrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #22538
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil on the KJ (for the first time) and got burnt on the exhaust. Much less cramped doing the TJ. Course it has a lift which helps.

On a lark, tried the blower on the TJ and it worked fine. WTF? Yesterday when I went in it wasn't working at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
Changed the oil, the KJ gets it tomorrow as well. Then started looking at the lack of heater blower. Pretty much all settings don't work.
I went through the FSM and the following is true:
1. Connectivity in the switch works
2. The relay works when putting power across it (tested it with a 9v battery)
3. Connectivity on the blower resistor is there but I think it is on its last legs.

I am planning on replacing the resistor but the blower is intermittent. After I fiddled with it all, all of a sudden it started working. Turned off the engine and then restarted and then it didn't. Although when it was working, the lowest speed was pretty much nonexistant.

Any ideas?
Unread 08-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #22539
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Either the blower motor is bad or the resister went bad. Sounds like you have a blower motor issue. Try connecting 12V to it and see if it runs.
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #22540
TJJEEPER
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWood05TJ View Post
I installed an ARB compressor and ran the harness in the engine bay. In cab wiring and airlines tomorrow. Man I hate doing (read: suck at) the electrical stuff...
Installed mine a couple of weeks ago, not near as much trouble as I expected. I'm not sure about the 05's but on my 97, I just drilled a hole in an existing rubber plug in the firewall right behind the motor, used one of the switch blanks already on the dash for the switch, and hooked the power wire to the hot cigarette lighter wire, and the light wire to the heater control light with the splice that came with the ARB kit.
arb-compressor-011.jpg  
97 TJ, 4.0, 5sp, OME Susp., 1 3/4 coil spacers, 1" BL, 35" Xterrains, Dynatrac Trail 60 with ARB, D30F, 4.56's, LockRite F, Discs F&R, K&N, Borla Header, Flowmaster Super 44 Off-Road Muffler, Front LineLock, Diehard Platinum P-1...

06 Commander
TJJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #22541
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think it is the motor as it was running fine this morning. Last night when I went in after trying to figure it out, it wasn't working , no air blowing at all. This morning I went out and tried again and it was working flawlessly. Turned it on and off and no change. However I would like to see if I hook it up to the battery directly what happens. I have a feeling it may be a combo of the relay and the resistor are getting flakey. Either that or there is an intermittent connection. Question is, without pulling the whole dash apart, where is the connector that directly connects to the blower motor?
Edit: Read the FSM and found the steps needed (p34 in the HVAC section). Looks relatively simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilM0nkey View Post
Either the blower motor is bad or the resister went bad. Sounds like you have a blower motor issue. Try connecting 12V to it and see if it runs.

Last edited by rikkards; 08-16-2009 at 01:01 PM..
rikkards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #22542
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Said goodbye to the hard top...looks like I'm going soft top year round...
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #22543
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hit 50k in the LJ yesterday! Yes i was driving at the time, no i didnt take the picture

jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #22544
hydroman19
2006 LJ Wrangler 

First mod! Popped out the links and put in some JKS disconnects..... after 3+ hours with the tie rod end puller + pickle fork
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #22545
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today wasn't a day for MY Jeep, instead we did work on my buddys. New front brakes, took off the front flares, and added a touch to his rocker guards. NEXT WEEK my brakes get done... EBS drilled/slotted rotors, Yellowstuff pads, and extended stainless brake lines.

Here are a couple pics when we finished.

Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.