What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1498 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #22456
TR3YNGLER
2007 JK Wrangler 

Did the fog light relay mod so that they stay on with the high beams.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273275"][B][Color="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club: Member #33[/Color][/B][/URL]
TR3YNGLER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #22457
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavic View Post
I take it that you have a hard top?
Yep. Our winter get down to 50 or 60 below, and will actually freeze and crack soft top windows. Hard tops are almost mandatory here.

I usually run a safari top during the summer, but we had one week that dropped down into the 50s with lots of smoke from forest fires, so I installed the hard top.

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #22458
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-MANxj View Post
what is Sea Foam? i've heard of people using it but haven't seen it on the west coast.
If Autozone has it for sale here in AK, I am sure you can find it elsewhere in the west.

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #22459
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Buttoned up my front axle last night (except for the knuckles, which are still in California)...

Now I can install it and set up my front suspension!
d30diff.jpg   d30tube.jpg  

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #22460
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got some POR-15 in the mail today....gonna paint the frame in the next couple days...
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #22461
w9kh_kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted my new Vortex winch yesterday. Will post in the reviews with some close-up pix when I get a chance. Now I just have to wire it in.
Didn't I take a week vacation this week for something..... Oh yeah, I was supposed to finish putting siding on my house. Guess I better work on that at some point.
w9kh_kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #22462
justin102
2004 TJ Wrangler 

After totally sanding out the tub, I let it get rained on today....*sad face*
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #22463
RokleM
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
started building my custom rear cargo drawer for the back of my TJ to store all necessary crap.

BOOOOOO from Ohio where we can't get that beer

I assume the inner box will roll out. What's the reason for the height difference? Will the hinge or whatever take the weight?
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #22464
ET48
1986 CJ7 

I drove the TJ to work today!!!!!!!!! Bout time. I have been riding the bike since all this nice weather has been brought upon us.

Tomorrow I have the day off, I can start putting the CJ back together!
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #22465
alecmcmahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokleM View Post
BOOOOOO from Ohio where we can't get that beer

I assume the inner box will roll out. What's the reason for the height difference? Will the hinge or whatever take the weight?
yes, the inner box will roll out, the sliders are installed on the outer box but not screwed into the " drawer " section yet, i was just doing a dry fit when this picture was took.

the sliders i bought are suppusevely good for 100 lbs. worst comes to worst i could also add another set to sturdy it up.

the height difference will be split, i want to give it at least an inch on the bottom

i figure the drawer sides and back dont have to go all the way to the top, im not going to have piles and piles of crap pouring over the edges, but it'll still be tall enough for me to store a small 1 ton jack stand in it if i wanted to.

i cut up some " dividers " that will be installed in the drawer that are 8" high ( the sides and back are 10" )

here are the 100 lb sliders:

Unread 08-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #22466
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

put on the rear brakes shoes this morning and rotated the wheels..
well,gettin old isnt for sissy's thats for sure..i used to throw around big triuck tires and now them 35,s feel heavyer then the truck tires..
my siatic nerve is already pulsateing..gonna be a long dredfull night..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #22467
Bouve124
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Changed my sparkplugs, used Autolite APP's.

Also changed the fluid in my D30 & D35.

On a side note I found out that my D35 has a limited slip in it!!!

While i was at it I installed some Riddler diff covers. I'm a lazy picture taker so here is a picture of the D30 cover painted but the logo isn't finish. And a picture of D35 cover more or less finished. No pictures of them installed yet.

Bouve124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #22468
jsnolan99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the ZJ tie rod to replace my bent OEM one. Going to get it aligned first thing in the morning.

JKS 1.25" BL/MML, Dirtworx rear bumper/tire carrier, Custom trimmed OEM flares (thanks JF for the ideas), ZJ tie rod, 4.5" RE Superflex, 315/75 R16's MTR w Kevlar compliments of JJUSA, RC 1.5" wheel spacers, more to come with time & money.....

[B][COLOR="Red"]Stock suspension parts For Sale[/COLOR][/B]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/stock-03-rubi-suspension-1045567/[/url]
jsnolan99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #22469
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnolan99 View Post
I installed the ZJ tie rod to replace my bent OEM one. Going to get it aligned first thing in the morning.
save your money and do it yourself with a tape measure..only takes a few minutes as all they can line up is the tow in..bungee cord a straight edge on both wheels in the same level area middle ways of the tire and measure the front and rear and just get the front a 1/8 inch shy of what the rear is..if it needs adjusted just loosen the 2 nuts on the turn buckle on the tie rod and turn it slightly till you get the right measurement,,it will be as good as any shop that will charge you to do it..its a very easy and kwik job..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #22470
jsnolan99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
save your money and do it yourself with a tape measure..only takes a few minutes as all they can line up is the tow in..bungee cord a straight edge on both wheels in the same level area middle ways of the tire and measure the front and rear and just get the front a 1/8 inch shy of what the rear is..if it needs adjusted just loosen the 2 nuts on the turn buckle on the tie rod and turn it slightly till you get the right measurement,,it will be as good as any shop that will charge you to do it..its a very easy and kwik job..
I've seen the threads, but haven't been brave enough or had enough free time to try it. Thanks.

JKS 1.25" BL/MML, Dirtworx rear bumper/tire carrier, Custom trimmed OEM flares (thanks JF for the ideas), ZJ tie rod, 4.5" RE Superflex, 315/75 R16's MTR w Kevlar compliments of JJUSA, RC 1.5" wheel spacers, more to come with time & money.....

[B][COLOR="Red"]Stock suspension parts For Sale[/COLOR][/B]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/stock-03-rubi-suspension-1045567/[/url]
jsnolan99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.