Hung my tail pipe/muffler from two loops of bicycle chain.
While I had the rear right tire off, I noticed that my exhaust pipe hanger had given way again.
Exhaust and muffler work fine but they got shortened in length when I was rea-ended by a compact car driver--pushed the tail pipe a couple inches forward so the stock rubber hangers no longer fit it. (Destroyed car bumper and hood.)
Had held it in place with a super large hose clamp that held it up and inside so it wouldn't scrape on (and heat up) the shock. Hose clamp had broken.
So this time I tried two short loops of old bicycle chain to hold it. One loop to hold it up; one in a different spot to hold it toward the inside to keep it off the shock. Bike chain should be more durable than hose clamp, and the pipe less restricted and torqued.
Rotated tires and did a front-end alignment for toe-in.
Oil change. Air filter maintenance.
Soon as my Redline MTL arrives tomorrow, will drain and refill the transmission.
Also will do the diffs at the same time.
Need to flush the coolant and refill. Hmm.
got new wheel bearings pressed on and an axle shaft shortend 3/8th of an inch for a better fit, still makes a whirling noise, I might need to have a shop rebuild the third member ( I have a feeling I spun a carrier or pinon bearing)
Looked t my new 35"s alot decided the extra 2" I gained in tire size put me at about the height I like on a DD (maybe a 1" BL) but other than that I'm happy!
Gear'd lock'd and ready to rock!