What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1494 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #22396
TR3YNGLER
2007 JK Wrangler 

Replaced the stock muffler with the Dynomax muffler and tailpipe (with polished, slant-cut tip) that Dynomax is running the $75 rebate on. Got it from Summit Racing. Sounds good. Just slightly louder than stock but with a much better tone. Oh! and I installed a class-III hitch and added my OU receiver cover! Boomer Sooner!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273275"][B][Color="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club: Member #33[/Color][/B][/URL]
TR3YNGLER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #22397
cj_trevin
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3YNGLER View Post
Replaced the stock muffler with the Dynomax muffler and tailpipe (with polished, slant-cut tip) that Dynomax is running the $75 rebate on. Got it from Summit Racing. Sounds good. Just slightly louder than stock but with a much better tone. Oh! and I installed a class-III hitch and added my OU receiver cover! Boomer Sooner!!!
nice! did the same thing a few months back cut the tail pipe off and insert a turn down and you will REALLY appreciate that muffler
cj_trevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #22398
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Seafoamed it....got a ton of smoke, I'm assuming it cleaned out some gunk...
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #22399
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When people are referring to "seafoam" what exactly is it?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #22400
TJJEEPER
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/index.html

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking about it
97 TJ, 4.0, 5sp, OME Susp., 1 3/4 coil spacers, 1" BL, 35" Xterrains, Dynatrac Trail 60 with ARB, D30F, 4.56's, LockRite F, Discs F&R, K&N, Borla Header, Flowmaster Super 44 Off-Road Muffler, Front LineLock, Diehard Platinum P-1...

06 Commander
TJJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #22401
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I finished the install of a Cobra 75 WXST CB radio and Skip Shooter antenna.
cb01.jpg   cb02.jpg   cb03.jpg  
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #22402
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a fuel system cleaner & fuel stabilizer plus other things - I know sounds like a cure all, but Seafoam is GREAT! I use it in my Jeep, Motorhome, Quad, and both Harley's without an issue. If your injectors are dirty - dump a can into your gas tank and you will notice a differance in performance before you reach the end of your driveway!
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #22403
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
my father swears by it..my buddy uses it every so often in his outboard motor also..ive used it in my outboard but didnt notice a diffrence but it was a new yamaha with 10 hrs.
i love lucas myself..after hearing about all the smoke it must be cleaning the motor up inside..i may just try it on my 97tj with 135,000 miles to see if it makes the lifters any more quite..probally be better off with a cam and lifter change tho..

as for today..i drove it to the powder coater to pay a bill..and this weekend i put a 100 new heavy duty pin stripes on it..its not all shiney like it used to be..im lovin it tho,haha
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #22404
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the seafoam info, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
this weekend i put a 100 new heavy duty pin stripes on it..its not all shiney like it used to be..im lovin it tho,haha
Pics!
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #22405
timberwolf0122
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got hit but a woman in a toyota corrola, she cracked my running board, I ripped her bumper clean off.
Atheist Jeep Club Member #2
MacGyver Club Member #1
Doctor Who has died 10 times, is on his 11th regeneration and has a time machine, beat that Jesus.
I think he's calling his Jeep "Tardis," which is British slang for pimp mobile. - Dangfoo
timberwolf0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #22406
04TJDaveSK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

just bought a '04 TJ rocky mountian after about 6 years of going jeepless. Far to long if you ask me. First tiny mods i have done so far are fog light mod and put a switch in to turn the interior lights out when the doors are off.
04TJDaveSK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #22407
DylanAnd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i made a radiator gaurd out of an old wire table we had behind the garage first time welding but i got it to work and it really doesn't look bad at all too
DylanAnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #22408
Philly60
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my blue VLeds last night
Philly60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #22409
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Put her in the shop....yeah i know its blasphemous but i dont know how to do brakes myself. I needed new rotors and pads...great another 200 that was sposed to go towards my tires out the window.
Unread 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #22410
wolfen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Man next time you need brakes, come to Va Beach, I'll take a day off and teach you everything you need to know to repair and replace your own brakes.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.