Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#29,744 ·

Now I just need to figure out a way to get the lock re-keyed and get a new style shifter boot.
FWIW, if that is anything like my 01 TJ, don't waste your time on getting the lock re-keyed, those things might as well not even have a lock on them. A quick flick of a flat-head screwdriver and that whole lock cylinder just pops right out, even when locked. There are just a few little tabs holding it in place. They are great for more storage but not for security.

#29,746 ·
FWIW, if that is anything like my 01 TJ, don't waste your time on getting the lock re-keyed, those things might as well not even have a lock on them. A quick flick of a flat-head screwdriver and that whole lock cylinder just pops right out, even when locked. There are just a few little tabs holding it in place. They are great for more storage but not for security.
This console was from an 04 and it sounds a lot like yours. It's very flimsy. I would like the option, however.

#29,747 ·
If someone jacked my stuff, I think they would be penciled in for an appointment with the angle of death. I bought my TJ when I was in Iraq, and the whole time I was worried someone was going to rob me. Sorry to hear you TJ was broken into.

#29,749 ·
If someone jacked my stuff, I think they would be penciled in for an appointment with the angle of death. I bought my TJ when I was in Iraq, and the whole time I was worried someone was going to rob me. Sorry to hear you TJ was broken into.
Unfortunately it happens more often than I would like. Ever since my soft top was cut open for a pair of WalMart sunglasses, I don't even lock my doors anymore. I just don't leave anything of value in there anymore.

#29,751 ·
I had my LJ broken into on New Years night 09. Stole my CB, couple CD's, flashlight and the entire center bezel to my dash. I had the CB mounted on top of the dash.

I told the cop "I didn't have a roof or doors on all summer and no one messed with it. As soon as I put my roof and doors on, then they break in."

Atleast they didn't cut my soft top. I had the doors unlocked.

It'a a horrible feeling though isn't it?!

#29,752 ·
Yep. I can always tell they've been in when the contents of the glove box and/or center console are scattered. It's an outright intrusion. I work hard for my money and it pisses me off that someone thinks they can just take what I have earned. :rantoff:

Some A**hole stole my CB, CD's, some military gear and ripped my steering column apart. It broke all the plastic clips as well.
Sorry to hear about that man.

#29,753 ·
I pulled a dummy move one day , i was surfing and i had the top off the jeep and i was the only one parked in the sand lot . i stuffed my shorts under my driver seat and came back to find my wallet and shorts were stolen. sucked because i had no gas money to get home and my millitary id was in it so i had to hear it from my bosses telling me how carless i was for stowing sensitive items in a non secured area

#29,758 ·
"dadstjaz
1996 TJ Wrangler

How is it that you have a '96 TJ? From what I knew (plus I just looked it up to reconfirm) there was no '96 model year for YJ's or TJ's. According to what i read they were both produced during that year -with YJ's labeled '95's (carryover into spring) and TJ's labeled 97's (later in '96). Or is Wiki wrong yet again?.....