What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1487 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #22291
PILL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
swaped out a tank for a 40 lb tank full of nitrogen..small but will air up my tires many times..rigged up a temp gauge to work and then fabbed a bracket from aluminum to be a gaurd and a handle to pick it up from..welded it all up and will paint the tank olive drab tomorrow and put the label back on so when empty i can get it filled for 13 bucks again.. and polish the alum handle tomorrow also..just to have some chrome to get me home lol

redneck power tank...i was told if i get a nitrogen gauge it will fill a 35 inch tire in a few seconds imedeitly..im wondering now..sounds good..
Don't paint the tank. A shop may not fill a tank they can't inspect the surface of.

Unread 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #22292
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILL View Post
Don't paint the tank. A shop may not fill a tank they can't inspect the surface of.
i swaped out a 20 yr old tank for this one..ive been doing buisness there for 20 yrs and there good to me..i asked them about painting it and they said as long as i could take the sticker off and put it back on it was ok..sounds good to me as there tanks are turqoise s@#t green lol..it should last me a long time and its not that heavy either..i wish i could get a small gauge for it that would work as im useing a aceytelene gauge with diffrent parts to make it work..the power tank gauges are high dollar s i dont want to ruin my budget lol..
if i wanted i could keep the tank and let the scuba shop fill it with air for 8 bucks in town..id rather have air than nitrogen in my opinion..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #22293
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I drove 4 hours from South Carolina in my work van so I could pick up my 35x12.50r15 BFG KM2's on 15x8 soft 8's from 4 wheel parts and then went home(only 5 minutes away) and proceeded to remove my old bald toyos(35's measuring out as 33's) on rusty wheels and install the new stuff.

The Jeep looks so much happier now that it got it's dignity back...
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #22294
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat View Post
There will be another in time.
Yes... But how much money did you put into the thing... That's what hurts the most...
default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #22295
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Helped a buddy install his KC 130 watt slim lights on his TJ. And my buddy zach found me an Amazing deal on a brand new 2 inch BDS lift on Craigslist for 250 bucks

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #22296
corndogduff

I fixed my DW problem by swapping a tire on the front that maybe has 1000 miles left on it if im lucky for the spare which has about 50% tread left. now to just find one new(or slightly used) MT/R to make them all about the same.
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #22297
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil (for the first time in my life and I will now do it from now on). Put Royal Purple in with a Mopar filter (all from that shotty place Walmart) and got stung by a bee while doing it....son of aaa....
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #22298
kyledogg88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got my parts to rebuild my motor
kyledogg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #22299
WILLY05TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaulCrawler View Post
Bought a new craftsman ratchet and voila 15 mins later it was broke again.
my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/who-cares-if-could-end-up-being-collectors-item-831065/
WILLY05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #22300
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert12 View Post
Changed the oil (for the first time in my life and I will now do it from now on). Put Royal Purple in with a Mopar filter (all from that shotty place Walmart) and got stung by a bee while doing it....son of aaa....
You got a Mopar filter from WalMart?

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #22301
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
I've got one from there as well
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #22302
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Yup I was gonna go get a Mobile 1 at autozone, but I saw the Mopar one...
2001 Yellow Sport, I6, Dana 44 3.73 gears, 31x10.5 procomp AT on cragar soft 8s, silverstar headlights, black headlight bezels, raingler full netting system, raingler roll bar handles, EK motorsport maglite holder, Tuffy door lockers, Tuffy glovebox, stepshield door entry guards, 130w Halogen KC Daylighters on windhield mounts, kenwood kvt-819dvd, 5.25" front speaker conversion, door switch defeat, U-Pol Raptor liner, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust, Iggee seat covers, SAVVY LED Taillights.
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #22303
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Confirmed the sale on my 2 inch BDS suspension lift. I pick it up on monday for 250 bucks....it sucks that it's an hour and a half drive to get it though

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #22304
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert12 View Post
Yup I was gonna go get a Mobile 1 at autozone, but I saw the Mopar one...
I guess you really do learn something everyday! (ofcourse at my age you forget two things everyday and learn one )

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #22305
_TIM_
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got my sticker today!

I also recently painted my steering and took off my front bumper because I was in the middle of cutting it into a stubby and my sawzall battery died.

and a few pics of my hi-lift mount (borrowed the design from tedder on the forum and it works great)

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.