What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1481 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #22201
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well, my lift came today. 3.25 rc. and i decided i'm going to paint my headlight bezels black. i just have to wait until thursday to start on anything. stupid finals!!

|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #22202
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Took pictures of my new control arm mounts.

Liking the control arm angle at ride height.

New upper shock mount as well. forgot to take that picture. Still figuring out what I am going to do there.
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #22203
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Racked her. Packed her. And drove home 600km +.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_UGhPK73hw4w/Sn...0/SANY0948.JPG
funky_boss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #22204
corndogduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-MANxj View Post
what front bumper/stinger is that? looks great.
Stock bumper with olympic 4x4 stinger
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #22205
clintsharley
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got up early.. took a look at the jeep for the first time in a little over 5 months... Was away at work.. lots of new rust... will the new project is the winch and rust removal...
clintsharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 06:17 AM   #22206
DUGA BOY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just passed 190k on the jeep on my way to work today. I also got a balljoint press finally so im ready for that job hopefully this weekend.
Unread 08-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #22207
_TIM_
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunerDude View Post
What kind of paint did you use? I'd like to do this...
I believe the paint was Krylon Rust Tough...I found it at Advance Auto, works pretty well.
Unread 08-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #22208
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Designed a cover to protect my soft windows from frost/ice/snow. Early mornings suck here in the fall/winter.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #22209
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, night shots for those interested, and I put up a short video on YouTube showing the setup in action. I never really noticed that the factory lights kind of fade in and out until you see the LED's snap on and off. I'm very likely going to end up with a set of Savvy's tail lights at some point, and it'll be a complete matched set.

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #22210
JerseyDubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_boss23 View Post
Racked her. Packed her. And drove home 600km +.

No Clickie

www.gothamtg.com
JerseyDubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #22211
justin102
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new radiator and cut the fan shroud (see other post)
Got my tow strap hooks and snatch strap in the mail (yay quadratec), installing hooks tonight
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #22212
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nriver View Post
Took pictures of my new control arm mounts.

Liking the control arm angle at ride height.

New upper shock mount as well. forgot to take that picture. Still figuring out what I am going to do there.
I am definately liking your idea!!!! Why go long arms right?
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #22213
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just went home at luch and loaded my RockHard cage into my pickup. My fiance is on her way to the power coater to drop it off right now.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #22214
tjchuck

took off the milkjugs on the front bumper, painted the flares, and replaced all three actuator arms so i can actually get airflow where i want it lol.
tjchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #22215
bonofied suiter
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
I just went home at luch and loaded my RockHard cage into my pickup. My fiance is on her way to the power coater to drop it off right now.
I finished painting and installing mine about 2-months ago. I decided to modify mine to incorporate controls for my winch, locker and lights between the upper T-bars.

I used about 10 cans of Krylon including primer to finish mine. I don't think I could afford to have mine powder coated. Although I was careful installing it myself I managed to scratch my stock cage in a number of places and chipped off some paint on the Rock Hard side too. There are a few pointers I can give you if you're interested.

Ultimately my installation required the use of my ratchet straps to pull in the stock cage bars in the rear and my pickup truck and the ratchet strap to pull the front RH bar out slightly.

I ended up unavoidably scratching the stock bars over my doors. I found the best solution for that was to wrap it with red electrical tape. It looks great and can be replaced easily if needed.

Here are a few photos of my control panel.
[IMG][/IMG]
Forward of the panel is my Serius receiver, next is my VHF radio, under the radio are my voltage readouts for my dual Optima batteries, I installed two LED light panels for better interior lighting. Back from them is my 12-Volt Guy winch control, on either side of that are my rocker switches that control rock lights and other accessories, behind them are three large rocker switches for my ARB lockers, behind them are three more rocker switches that control things like my 55 watt backup lights and my electric fan (future mod).
[IMG][/IMG]
Behind these rocker switches are panel fuses that protect each of these circuits. The hole setup is sealed from the elements and accessable from either the top or bottom.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I posted a writeup on this a few months ago. If you want more detail you should be able to search it up.

2010 -2011 -2012 Hump-N-Bump Director / Czar
bonofied suiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.