What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #2146
JerDog53

Gritz.....

I like that!

Thats a really good idea!

JerDog53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #2147
Gritz

It's not all mine. I just did it this time around.
Thanks to all the others who have paved the way before me.
I'm gonna do the top edges of the tub next. like his:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/promised-bed-liner-update-260781/

gritz
dual tops
Colorado Jeep Club Member #102

"It is believed dinosaurs are extinct due to a giant meteor. That's true if you want to call Chuck Norris a giant meteor."
Gritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #2148
UnsanePyro
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I detailed mine today, just the outside. Spraypainted myself a license plate frame flat black for the front, and that little handle on the hood. Got a mirror and mounted it with the doors off too
UnsanePyro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #2149
ROUGHSHOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Deflowered her finally (and got a sweet pinstriping job outta the deal) Picked up some Mothers scratch remover (man, that stuff works wonders!!) and I'm gonna do it all over again this weekend.

Kilby steering box skid bolted on, Hi-Lift to be finagled on this weekend.
ROUGHSHOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #2150
gUanoTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I finally started the long series of upgrades I plan on doing over the winter months. Over the weekend I picked up a used front D30 with 4.56 gears, a powertrax locker, upgraded chromoly shafts, new seals and ujoints for $250.

Today I began the process of grinding and cleaning it for a paint job, I removed the old steering linkage, and I ordered a Rockcrusher cover and an Antirock from Northridge 4x4. Now I need to decide on a new rear axle to replace the D35, pick out a new steering setup, and begin the swap.

Plans for the future are to repaint the hood/cowl cuz the clearcoat is white and peeling, RE 4.5" superflex or FT 4" ultimate to replace my OME kit with 70,xxx miles on it, PSC tube fenders and crusher corners with 3" flares, and a full cage. Whew, anybody know the best way to grow a money tree? Keep y'all posted on the build.

Andy
gUanoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #2151
quigtj
Watch the playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbezol
I'm REALLY thinking that a Linex tub would kick ***. Get rid of the hassel of carpets!
You won't regret it. I love it...a bit steep, but I've forgotten about that money now....
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #2152
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

first, the "old" look, that some of you remember:

it's crushed on the sides from being rolled a couple weeks ago, so I cut all the fenders off when I got back home, and removed all the junk in the front...ended up looking something like this:

took yesterday off, and by the time I put it back on the trailer, it looked like this:

still have to get turn signals installed, cap the bumper ends (once the d-ring mounts come in and we get them welded in), and get the winch mounted back up...

the tubes run back and we replaced the HREW steps on the rock rails with DOM in a fluid bend...and will continue it around to the back sometime soon...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #2153
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
first, the "old" look, that some of you remember:

it's crushed on the sides from being rolled a couple weeks ago, so I cut all the fenders off when I got back home, and removed all the junk in the front...ended up looking something like this:

took yesterday off, and by the time I put it back on the trailer, it looked like this:

still have to get turn signals installed, cap the bumper ends (once the d-ring mounts come in and we get them welded in), and get the winch mounted back up...

the tubes run back and we replaced the HREW steps on the rock rails with DOM in a fluid bend...and will continue it around to the back sometime soon...

Greg

Geeze, it's the road warrior.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #2154
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27
Geeze, it's the road warrior.
I prefer the Mad Max Mobile!!

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #2155
Photojeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put a hood latch lock on. Tommorrow: The locking lug nuts...
Photojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #2156
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

hey waylon, did you bend the tubes out any to help protect your hood if you roll it over again? i really like you you mated it up with your sliders. are you going to do the tubing all the way to the rear bumper?

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #2157
Dubakountry

Recieved my RE 4.5, it goes on tomorrow : D
Unread 08-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #2158
AZSahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered up a RE 4.5 in long arm kit from DC4WD. Can't wait to get started, really can't wait to get it finished!
AZSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #2159
ReNxWar

Threw some Delta H4 Xenon headlights in, and my Redline MTL came in. Putting that in tomorrow, as well as a xfer case flush/refill. Hopefully that fixes my 3rd gear grind.

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2006, 04:19 AM   #2160
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

washed, rattle can touch-ups, waxed, detailed the interior (shampood my carpets and seats! they almost look old and dirty now), pulled my fogs to rattle-can them yellow, watched the belgian rain come down as a banged my head on a wall.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.