Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#28,022 ·
how did you run the wire for that? i've had an external speaker for a while that i've never put anywhere because i couldnt find a good enough location. i've considered there but didnt know how to hide the wire.
I ran the wire behind the plastic windshield trim. I then ran it along the dash, pooped off the piece that covers the defroster vents, to the CB which is mounted above the radio.

#28,023 ·
lets see those tires are prob 10' so thats 120" that's roughly 264% bigger than my 33s". So then 4.88 + 264% = 17.8 man I think you might be over gearing me
You're not thinking about the sheer weight of those things and how hard your now pint-size engine (relatively) is going to have to work just to overcome the momentum of those things. You're going to need a new 26-speed transmission, too, probably, just to reach 40 MPH.

But no, seriously, that was a number I made up off the very top of my head :cheers2:

#28,024 ·
You're not thinking about the sheer weight of those things and how hard your now pint-size engine (relatively) is going to have to work just to overcome the momentum of those things. You're going to need a new 26-speed transmission, too, probably, just to reach 40 MPH.

But no, seriously, that was a number I made up off the very top of my head :cheers2:
Anyone want to estimate what his COG or lack of will be? :eek:

#28,026 ·
Pulled dad out of a snowbank (09 Duramax) and he slid into me, crumpling my fender. This weeks not looking too promising... rolled the snowmobile over a cliff and now its spewing coolant.

I'm kind of afraid to go to the bathroom...
Because you could also be leaking coolant? :rofl:

#28,028 ·
got pulled over by some cops in the mood to bust balls...

i didnt do anything wrong but they were just pullin everyone over by flagging them to the side.. he took my papers n stuff and came back and said i gotta get rid of the cover over my rear license plate..
hmm guess ill be takin that or "Ill be getting a citation" says officer Bradley...

#28,029 ·
Finished CB install.
I had mine there once... til some a$$-f%&k stole it along with the entire center bezel...

I'm lookin for the pix. You might want to think of relocating it...

#28,030 ·

i didnt do anything wrong but they were just pullin everyone over by flagging them to the side.. he took my papers n stuff and came back and said i gotta get rid of the cover over my rear license plate..
hmm guess ill be takin that or "Ill be getting a citation" says officer Bradley...
Do what the officer says.

#28,031 ·

We have the same money grab, i mean law, here in Oregon, gotta be the lamest one I've ever heard of :rolleyes:

On topic,
Going to pick up my 5th Moab today then off to the sand blasters and then powdercoat!

#28,032 ·
Because you could also be leaking coolant? :rofl:
I just wouldn't want anything useful to break :rofl:

But if I was pissing coolant I'd be a bit worried...

#28,037 ·
picked up all new joints and ball repair kit for the front d.shaft for preventive maintenance:D
got the new style 5-785 x triple sealed and gonna change the ball parts too.

also ordered a new winch..hope i made a good choice as i liked the 3 yr warranty and the extras..hope its a good as my buddys:thumbsup:
NEW 12 VOLT 12000 lb & 12500 pound JEEP SUV TRUCK WINCH : eBay Motors (item 140366945343 end time Feb-09-10 13:06:06 PST)

next week comes a 8.8 rear and hopefully get to order the 4.56 gears for it and the brackets:wave:

#28,038 · (Edited)
I now have a matching full size spare again. Also started rattle can painting my new replacement tailgate. And I also ordered Old Man Emu coil springs to pair up with my OME shocks I just did. Slowly phasing out all the Pro Comp parts lol.

#28,040 ·
We have the same money grab, i mean law, here in Oregon, gotta be the lamest one I've ever heard of :rolleyes:
here in IL the covers ussually hide the registration sticker which must be visible at all times

on topic: i drove the jeep for the first time since retiring the beads/KM2 to trail use and using my brand new set of BFG ATs. huge difference and nice and smooth