What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1391 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #20851
doofusismynane
1998 TJ Wrangler 

what is screwed??

I put a 2'' spacer lift on the (rear end) and new springs (front end) my 98 TJ two days ago, and three times since then i have had a really bad vibration in the steering wheel and front right tire. It is sever enough that i have to pull over but it immediately stops after that. It does not start at a certain speed but seems to come randomly at speeds anywhere from 35 to 60. any help here would be great, cause the only lead I have so far is possibly the horizontal shock on the steerage links. I still have stock 30x10.5 if your wondering.

doofusismynane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #20852
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

[/QUOTE]

awesome Mack bulldog! i have a bunch of these laying around and wanted to do this. do you have any better pics of him? i really want to use the bulldog i have with the light up eyes!
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #20853
shortydog33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofusismynane View Post
I put a 2'' spacer lift on the (rear end) and new springs (front end) my 98 TJ two days ago, and three times since then i have had a really bad vibration in the steering wheel and front right tire. It is sever enough that i have to pull over but it immediately stops after that. It does not start at a certain speed but seems to come randomly at speeds anywhere from 35 to 60. any help here would be great, cause the only lead I have so far is possibly the horizontal shock on the steerage links. I still have stock 30x10.5 if your wondering.
Do a search for death wobble, very common occurance with Jeeps and seems to show up mostly when the suspension has been altered, there is lots of good information on how to fix it here. Good luck.
shortydog33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:08 AM   #20854
doofusismynane
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks much that helps allot.
doofusismynane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #20855
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finished installing my 2" BB, now I need bigger tires!!

I also found a guy locally selling a Powertrax Lock Right for a Dana 30; was it coincidence that earlier today I was trying to go up a hill and failing to get to the top because I was losing traction up front? Friday I pick up the Lock Right, then soon I'll install it.

I also won an eBay auction for a brand new 20,000 lb rated military 4" recovery strap (OD green, not yellow) for $12...

My Jeep transformation has just started...

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #20856
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

hit 70 m.p.h. on my way to work. It's going to be a good day.
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #20857
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97whitebeast View Post
awesome Mack bulldog! i have a bunch of these laying around and wanted to do this. do you have any better pics of him? i really want to use the bulldog i have with the light up eyes![/QUOTE]

i can get some pics..what ya looking for..the way and where i mounted it underneath im sure..thanks for the flowers..
my dad has had this gold speacial edition mack dog for years,i allways wanted it..25 years later he just gave it to me..i drilled it underneath for a 1/8 inch line and hooked it up to my washer fluid resivoir if you look close and now he can piss on fords lol..little kids get a kick out of it.
i used 1/2 inch nylon spacers underneath and belt sanded to match the angle of his feet to match the hood..worked out great..thanks for the compliment.

i found out the other day the gold ones where seling for 100 bucks and higher..figure someone will break it off and rip up my hood someday..john
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #20858
tjmdr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took the top down. The wife and I took it out for some mud road fun. I told her that I would wash it so that her and my daughter could drive it. She said NO!! we will just get it dirty again. Really suprised me.
tjmdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #20859
wolfen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a good idea, put a hood ornament on a Jeep since we have nothing to begin with we can be VERY creative
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #20860
ice blue
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil, put the top and doors back on. Gettin ready to head to Colorado on Tues.
ice blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #20861
WhatBump1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally replaced my 30 tooth speedometer with a 28 tooth ., nice to know how fast yu are really going

BMW Z4 M Coupe to Jeep TJ to Jeep CJ7 to BMW R1200C
WhatBump1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #20862
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcmergen View Post
Finally replaced my 30 tooth speedometer with a 28 tooth ., nice to know how fast yu are really going
DO YOU MIND SHAREING WHERE YOU GOT THE SPEEDO GEAR,THANKS,JOHN
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #20863
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
Thats a good idea, put a hood ornament on a Jeep since we have nothing to begin with we can be VERY creative
maybe your thinking of a ford lol..(haveing nothing to begin with)i own 2 chevys and a gmc with over 200,00 on 2 of them and 320,000 mi on the gmc truck..wouldnt trade none of them for a new ford,,just me..
my jeep is everything to me..maybe if you treated your jeep with tlc it wouldnt think the same of you lol,hahahaha..break it,fix it,wheel it,repeat,john
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #20864
wolfen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
maybe your thinking of a ford lol..(haveing nothing to begin with)i own 2 chevys and a gmc with over 200,00 on 2 of them and 320,000 mi on the gmc truck..wouldnt trade none of them for a new ford,,just me..
my jeep is everything to me..maybe if you treated your jeep with tlc it wouldnt think the same of you lol,hahahaha..break it,fix it,wheel it,repeat,john

No no no no I mean nothing on teh hood of a Jeep to start with, not nothing at all to start with. I own a 01 Jeep, a 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4, and 05 Chevy Malibu, Theres no way I would EVER own a Ford, to me thats the F word.

My Blazer has 175k on it and will out pull any Ford with a standard V8 or under, my Jeep has a Brand new Crate motor (2.5) in it due to a Fram oil filter, the Malibu so far hasn't been with us long enough to need anything yet, but the Jeep gets all the TLC I can afford to drop into it.

Today I removed teh zippers from the 2 rear roll bar pads I took off and started looking around for new zippers, my wife said if I get em she can sew themn in
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #20865
WhatBump1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Speedogear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
DO YOU MIND SHAREING WHERE YOU GOT THE SPEEDO GEAR,THANKS,JOHN
I actually got them from forteconline.com for like 24 dollars plus shipping, but I had a few things shipped together
http://www.fortec4x4.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1
but quadratec has them too

BMW Z4 M Coupe to Jeep TJ to Jeep CJ7 to BMW R1200C
WhatBump1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.