What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1099 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #16471
TJgoat089

changed out those old rustys shocks for some tough country EZ ride shocks
order my bushing for my rear track bar

TJgoat089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #16472
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered my browndog 1"mml with brackets, riddler 44 diff cover, currie steering, and genright windshield guards.

I also started my build thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=1#post6595053

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #16473
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

I took this out...

Cause it started puking this out.......

ARB here I come.

LSU_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #16474
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I put my winch on...
Coyote56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #16475
default_user2

(I know this is for TJ's but my XJ has the same motor and figured you might all get a kick out of this!)

Took my XJ to Oregon a few weeks ago to get ready to sell and put a new radiator in it because of leaking. Well I didn't make it. It overheated and burnt the head gasket up in it. After fixing that and the radiator my dad and I bashed our heads trying to figure out why it was still overheating.

The water pump felt and looked fine from the outside but just to be sure we pulled it out and... well we found the problem!!!

My dad was a GM mechanic for over 20 years and said he has never seen anything like this before and we're dumbfounded on how it worked as long as it did!

default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #16476
corndogduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinHeep View Post
(I know this is for TJ's but my XJ has the same motor and figured you might all get a kick out of this!)

Took my XJ to Oregon a few weeks ago to get ready to sell and put a new radiator in it because of leaking. Well I didn't make it. It overheated and burnt the head gasket up in it. After fixing that and the radiator my dad and I bashed our heads trying to figure out why it was still overheating.

The water pump felt and looked fine from the outside but just to be sure we pulled it out and... well we found the problem!!!

My dad was a GM mechanic for over 20 years and said he has never seen anything like this before and we're dumbfounded on how it worked as long as it did!

how was that thing even pumping at all??
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #16477
ray&jayme
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Put on 4 more inches of lift and replaced the 31x10.50x15's with 35x12.50x15's
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #16478
default_user2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorndogDuff View Post
how was that thing even pumping at all??
Well we're thinking one or two blades were barely hanging on because it always ran a little on the warm side since I've owned it (about a year) but never overheated, and when they finally broke away that's when it stopped circulating completely and that's why it overheated all of the sudden (was in the 30's when it overheated too... kinda funny).

My dad said the coolant was so nasty that it took like 3-6 full flushings before the water came up clean. Nastiest coolant he's ever seen. Tons of rust in the coolant. Don't know if the blades slowly rusted away or maybe rusted till they got so thin that the pressure from the water caused them to snap off, either way we hope the flushing flushed all the chunks of metal out of the block to keep from ruining the new pump. There's actually a wear spot on the cylinder wall from the water pump, so it was coming apart also. Luckily the damage on the cylinder wall was minor and not worth worrying about.
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #16479
corndogduff

You're lucky it didn't completely mess up your block with chunks of metal flying around in there
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #16480
default_user2

Quote:
You're lucky it didn't completely mess up your block with chunks of metal flying around in there
Well there's no moving parts in the cooling system besides the pump. The cooling system is just channels and hoses that circulate around the moving parts, so the only thing we're worried about is ruining the new pump if we missed a chunk of metal.
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #16481
corndogduff

Quote:
Well there's no moving parts in the cooling system besides the pump. The cooling system is just channels and hoses, so the only thing we're worried about is ruining the new pump if we missed a chunk of metal.
yeah, i forget that our jeeps are simple old tech sometimes lol how much did that new pump cost you mine's been running hotter than normal lately and id like to cover my bases
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #16482
default_user2

Quote:
yeah, i forget that our jeeps are simple old tech sometimes lol how much did that new pump cost you mine's been running hotter than normal lately and id like to cover my bases
$35 at Schuck's with military discount

Maybe yours just needs a good flush? Supposed to be flushed every 30k. Or could be low on coolant too...
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #16483
corndogduff

I dunno I'll go check out potential issues tomorrow thanks for the insight
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #16484
BlueTJ28
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This past weekend, I took it on a 500 mile round trip. It was windy on the way back so my mileage sucked.
BlueTJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #16485
spiderman637
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have no idea! I did the valve adjustment on my sportbike and while in the process I dropped a valve shim down a cooling passage. It was a nightmare trying to find it. I love my bike, but the Jeep is waaaaay easier to work on. BTW, I paid $25 for my water pump at O'Reillys. I got the rebuilt one but they also had a new one for $40 and the job is easy.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.