What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1065 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #15961
NotOfThisWorld
2006 KJ Liberty 

Took it out in the Juniper forest in Ashfork, AZ for some mud wheeling with the girlfriend.

Blue Jeep Club Member #151
Arizona Jeep Club Founder
NotOfThisWorld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #15962
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just reread your post and realized what you were asking. Doh For some reason I though which drop I had used. Sorry, read it first thing after waking up.

On take off I had a bit of a soft banging/knocking noise that consisted of about 4 knocks. Funny thing is that I guess there were more vibes at faster speeds that were subtle that I thought was due to the tires and was not really vibes but tire noise. It didn't feel like any kind of shaking, just noisier. Since one of the POs had put on the lift and this was my first Wrangler, I had nothing to compare it to. Only reason I noticed was that after doing the drop, it drove so much different. The bad news was that I knew that the front driver side never had a bolt and it has been fine up until now. The thing is that right before I bought it, there was some transmission work done by a small garage who obviously knows nothing about jeeps and they had cut (yes cut) two small holes into the inside of the frame to put nuts inside for the middle and rear holes for the skid plate as all of the nuts on the driver side had started spinning. For now, I am keeping it as it is but come spring, I am going to do the nutsert fix as per the following link:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/nutsert-nut-insert-installation-19850/
What a bunch of boneheads. The one advantage of taking it to a dealer is you wouldn't have seen this been done.
I think getting the holes welded shut as well wouldn't be a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm8 View Post
what dif did it make for you?
rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #15963
Manateu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

New Winch

I installed an Superwinch EPI 9.0, new A to Z Winch plate, Radiator guard, IPF headlamps, Fatboy Bulbs, and Taillight guards (on sale at Q-tec). Time to go play...
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #15964
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pics/review? I really like the look of their winch plate. More expensive than others but it is nice looking. How do you find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manateu View Post
I installed an Superwinch EPI 9.0, new A to Z Winch plate, Radiator guard, IPF headlamps, Fatboy Bulbs, and Taillight guards (on sale at Q-tec). Time to go play...
rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #15965
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
went wheeling @ rausch creek yesterday( very icey )

im pretty impressed with the smittybilt rear bumper and tire carrier thus far, it took a couple good whacks when i slide down the ice on a hill and smashed into a tree.

also very impressed with the aussie up front, the difference is night and day compared to being open up front, you can really feel this thing pull... or TRYING to pull you on a hilly sheet of ice.

then broke u-joint on front drive shaft while dicking around on the comp course @ the end of the day, pulled front drive shaft for the ride home.

i went wheeling there as well. however, i escaped damage/carnage free. made it up an ice hill with an open dana 30 front and half bald MT's. but did get pulled up a smaller hill. today, emptied the trunk load of tools, and wiring up my reverse fog lights.
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #15966
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Turned this:

Into this:

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #15967
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looked at it and asked myself why whenever my parents have company they always block in my Jeep.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #15968
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
Turned this:

Into this:
You ****ing sellout! J/K nice JK

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #15969
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dreamed about getting it back.

and looked at some new ones.
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #15970
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Recrimped the stock radiator to keep it from leaking. Stupid plastic pieces of junk!
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #15971
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
You ****ing sellout! J/K nice JK
Thanks, I really had to. We have our 2nd kid on the way and it was the only way I could keep Jeeping and wheeling...

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #15972
BloodThirsty
Hoosier

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, I really had to. We have our 2nd kid on the way and it was the only way I could keep Jeeping and wheeling...

I said the same thing to myself once. Then I sold my Celica and got a Rodeo. Then after hating the Rodeo I said screw it and got my TJ. Sure it's tough with the kids but it's soooooo worth it.
BloodThirsty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #15973
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Repainted my repainted rims lighter
dale88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #15974
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Turned this:

Into this:
I can understand changing to a JK but was it really necessary to pluck all the leaves off the trees, turn the grass brown, and throw snow on everything...
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #15975
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-xtreme View Post
I can understand changing to a JK but was it really necessary to pluck all the leaves off the trees, turn the grass brown, and throw snow on everything...
HAHAHAHHAAHAHHA!!!!

So he tossed away everything beautiful for a JK and dead grass and trees

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.