Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#21,141 ·
i installed my new tire carrier!!

fresh from powder coating... they were kind enough to wrap it in pink:D

Drilling extra mounting holes in a freshly painted crossmember

and frame tie ins, was gonna utilized the third hole after later 2day, but then realized i couldn't drill it out cause the bumper was in the way:brickwall

after mounting tractor lights!!
I thought you should have painted the tire carrier pink. Looks like a bumper from BESERK and it looks great. I am working on saving up now for my tire carrier. I just installed the lift this weekend.

#21,148 ·
I thought you should have painted the tire carrier pink. Looks like a bumper from BESERK and it looks great. I am working on saving up now for my tire carrier. I just installed the lift this weekend.
ya pink would of cost a lil more:rofl:

I looked at beserk's for a while, I've heard nothing but good things from his. had someone else make mine with a few stolen ideas from beserk, i hope he doesn't care:shhh:

#21,149 ·
I needed to get the "winter" washed off and out of it. All the bumpers, rock rails etc all needed paint so I stripped 'em all off the Jeep and painted them. I went with a drastically different color this time...

The contrast in colors looks good!!!

#21,150 ·
Install hockey puck spacers under the tire support bumpers to help support my new 33" spare. I installed some pvc spacers to raise the 3rd brake light above my spare tire.

Tightened up my front trackbar, it seems to be fine no more noise and it doesn't flex & shift when I move the wheel from side to side:thumbsup:

#21,151 ·
Wash it! then drove around the block! SWEET

#21,155 ·
Replaced my too long rear shocks with shorter ones. (Thanks Jeff at RC). Replaced front track bar with an RC adjustable one. Had to shorten it 1/2" because it was too long. Works great. Installed an MP3 adaptor input from Q-tec for my stock radio. AWESOME. Replaced stock knobs and my door surrounds with allen head stainless steel ones. Concerned someone would take the surrounds when top was off. New bolts will at least slow them down.

#21,160 ·
got bored today so i decided to take off my roll cage padding, i still dont know if i like it so i figured i would post some pics and see what JF thought.

amazing how faded the pads got after sitting out in the sun for 11 years!
i think it looks better with them on..just my 2 cents:nono: