What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1054 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #15796
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post
Could do with a can or two of Krylon Fusion too
Fade gray is the new look! Doy!

default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #15797
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't we just have a thread about fads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanutz View Post
Fade gray is the new look! Doy!
rikkards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #15798
jhochst
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Installed a new sound system

Getting my jeep ready for spring. I installed:

Alpine IDA-X100 head unit (sweet)
Polk db461p up front (sounds great)
Polk db521 for the bar
Polk/MOMO C500.1 Amp
JL Audio H.O. Wedge 10" Sub (HO110RG-W3v3)

Can't wait to for spring.

It sounds better than I could have imagined.

I was able to hide the amp under the bench seat.

Last edited by jhochst; 01-18-2009 at 12:30 PM..
jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #15799
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just installed some audio too.
Panasonic preamp/cd competition head unit. FX99EUE (no built in amp except for center channel)
Alpine Type R replacement speakers.
Dash mounted Pioneer mids with seperate volume control.
Silk tweats soundbar mounted on tilt and swivel tripods.
All powered by a crappy Sony Explode 800 watt 4 channel amp.
12" Alpine sub powered by a Rockford 900 watt mono block amp.
2 guage wiring kit.

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #15800
jbo667
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those tires are just about gone

I'll make sure Mommy and Daddy buy me some new ones real soon...
Money ain't growin on trees about now. You could've given me your Rubi wheels and tires you got rid of to put those "ugly to me" ones on... But I, unlike you, will be keeping my opinions to myself from here on out. Please reciprocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post
Could do with a can or two of Krylon Fusion too
...and I think you could go back to H4's instead of your, again "ugly to me" projectors. But, again, I will be keeping my opinions to myself. I have not had a chance to Krylon my flares. So again, thanks for your opinions guys. Is that what y'all did to your TJ's today, really? Bashed mine so your's would feel better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscottz View Post
That longhorn ain't helpin things........
Makes my Jeep a winner! That's why I named her Walker and Texas Ranger!

So, in closing, I am just getting my money's worth outta them, $hi+'ll buff out, and Hookem!
jbo667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #15801
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbo667 View Post

Money ain't growin on trees about now. You could've given me your Rubi wheels and tires you got rid of to put those "ugly to me" ones on... But I, unlike you, will be keeping my opinions to myself from here on out. Please reciprocate.

...and I think you could go back to H4's instead of your, again "ugly to me" projectors. But, again, I will be keeping my opinions to myself. I have not had a chance to Krylon my flares. So again, thanks for your opinions guys. Is that what y'all did to your TJ's today, really? Bashed mine so your's would feel better...

So, in closing, I am just getting my money's worth outta them, $hi+'ll buff out, and Hookem!
Hating you makes me feel all warm inside HAHA JK

The "mommy and daddy" comment tells me you're still in high school. Explains the response. In the adult world people say crap all the time, and you need to learn when to laugh it off and when to be offended. We weren't making fun of the Jeep, just the faded flare and bald tires. The Jeep itself is cool.

Dude relax. If that was mine and someone said that about my tires I'd laugh it off like I am about your comment about my wheels. Same with the flares. Dude makes fun that I have no bumpers right now, or that because my Jeep is a pavement pounder... I laugh it off. It's just a little fun, so don't take it so seriously. I prefer the MOAB wheels myself, but the backspacing forced me to get new wheels. Wheels are a matter of preference. I don't like black wheels but my goal was to remove all chrome, so I wasn't going to put chrome whees on it. I don't like all chrome or all black so I thought this was a good compromise.

BTW, people make fun of his headlights all the time. I don't like them myself either, but I can bet you that he will laugh it off like he does every other time people make fun of his headlights. It's all in good game dude, and if you can't take it then don't post anything because there is always someone who will say something about everything.

We both love Heeps, and that is what makes us a sort of sick obsessed family.

... If you're still pissed then we can always fight to the death!

..BTW, I hate you because you can enjoy the weather... It's in the low 40's here!

Last edited by default_user2; 01-18-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #15802
PILL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

When you post a picture of your Jeep it's pretty immature to think no body will voice their opinions. That's kinda how a forum works...
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #15803
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hating you makes me feel all warm inside HAHA JK

The "mommy and daddy" comment tells me you're still in high school. Explains the response. In the adult world people say crap all the time, and you need to learn when to laugh it off and when to be offended. We weren't making fun of the Jeep, just the faded flare and bald tires. The Jeep itself is cool

Dude relax. If that was mine and someone said that about my tires I'd laugh it off like I am about your comment about my wheels. Same with the flares. Dude makes fun that I have no bumpers right now, or that because my Jeep is a pavement pounder... I laugh it off. It's just a little fun, so don't take it so seriously. I prefer the MOAB wheels myself, but the backspacing forced me to get new wheels. Wheels are a matter of preference. I don't like black wheels but my goal was to remove all chrome, so I wasn't going to put chrome whees on it. I don't like all chrome or all black so I thought this was a good compromise.

BTW, people make fun of his headlights all the time. I don't like them myself either, but I can bet you that he will laugh it off like he does every other time people make fun of his headlights. It's all in good game dude, and if you can't take it then don't post anything because there is always someone who will say something about everything.

We both love Heeps, and that is what makes us a sort of sick obsessed family.

Hey guys listen...look at my sig. atleast he has tires.

I have 4.5" of lift and stock 30's right now. I laugh at me everytime i walk outside.
Actually I laughed so hard yesterday I had to take mommy's car.

I am so glad some of us can actually have a laugh at ourselves and not take it so personally. Let's all wipe the tears off and move on.

Oh and if you guys fight to the death please let me know. Cause I am undefeated in fights to the death!

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #15804
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

wheeled it yesterday, loaded it up today from wheeling, washed it, unloaded the trailer, and then put it in the garage.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #15805
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Hey guys listen...look at my sig. atleast he has tires.

I have 4.5" of lift and stock 30's right now. I laugh at me everytime i walk outside.
Actually I laughed so hard yesterday I had to take mommy's car.

I am so glad some of us can actually have a laugh at ourselves and not take it so personally. Let's all wipe the tears off and move on.

Oh and if you guys fight to the death please let me know. Cause I am undefeated in fights to the death!
Does it look like a clown car on stilts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILL View Post
When you post a picture of your Jeep it's pretty immature to think no body will voice their opinions. That's kinda how a forum works...
You summed up my response in one sentence... You're good! Teach me sensei

Last edited by default_user2; 01-18-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #15806
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

May I suggest some Rogaine Foam for those tires? It worked wonders on mine.

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #15807
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does it look like a clown car on stilts?

lol
yes it does its awful.
I laugh and then I cry.

I need my tax refund tomorrow so I can go get my tires and wheels.

I just tell people I have other tires at home and stick with my 9.5s in the snow

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #15808
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So when is this going to get back on topic??

I took it to the gym... had a bunch of stock jeeps parked next to it when I got out.
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #15809
jbo667
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILL View Post
Yeah, my main point is this isn't a build thread, it's what did you do to your TJ today. I didn't cut all the rubber off of my tires or fade my flares. I don't really care too much about all the feedback, which is why I made light at the end.

Quote:

And I know noone is hurt inside that I don't think their headlights or wheels look good. I just like to be sarcastic on the internet.

It's a thing, y'all understand!

To be quite honest I was a tad bit bothered when I first saw the comments for 2 reasons.

1. I have 2 cans of Krylon Fusion in the closet outside and haven't had the time to paint anything but the swaybar cover yet. Stupid 10,000 nuts and bolts on the flares...

2. I am dying to get new tread sooooooooo badly! I am about to just buy 1 new and put the spare up front with it and pull the fronts to the back. I had some bad toe issues that ate my used tires up ridiculously quick. C'mon big stimulus check... Those 12.50's are quite scary in wet weather and Texas snow (black ice) being that bald out back. On the good tip, if I can a new set on reserve, the old lady gave me clearance to "Gravedigger" over my first wife's Kia that is in a field trashed and FUBAR'd! THEN I will definitely post pics in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in good fun Oman and Airmanutz. No worries. Actually followed a lot of both of your posts and hope to do the AEV highline myself soon.

Unread 01-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #15810
jbo667
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
So when is this going to get back on topic??

I took it to the gym... had a bunch of stock jeeps parked next to it when I got out.
Sorry, I defended her honor, apologized and am about to yank the windows off and go wheel her! Old lady is driving Dita right now to pick my son up... He made her promise she would drive Dita Von Jeep when she came back!

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.