What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 1046 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #15676
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you krautzy. Will post pics asap. Oh and I have larry helping me, I am moe. So it's a lot of laughs the whole way through.

So today we finished the front end. The ZJ tie rod assembly. RE steering stabilizer. I now have 10.5 inches of space between my 30's and my flare in the front. 33x10.5x15 will happen when the snow starts letting up.

Drilling the holes in my frame for the track bar bracket was a doozie. Lemme tell ya.

Dismantled 90% of the rear in about an hour. The track bar and upper shock mount bolts WILL NOT BUDGE. we sprayed half a can of kroil on them and were gonna have a go again tomorrow. Much better day today. Other than my 5 trips to the local autozone.

Ps. I want to co-sign the notion that there is no set adjustment for your LCAs or UCAs. It really is a jeep by jeep basis.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #15677
mrlacy2
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombino View Post
Put on a used Warn winchplate, grill guard, and XD9000i. Thanks Craigslist for the great deal.

You need to re-spool it, before you use it!!!
99 TJ Sport 4.0 5 spd. Rusty's 3" lift,& BL, Rubicon D44's Front & Rear, Hand Throttle, Advanced Adapter's HD SYE Kit, Tom Woods Shaft out back,Modified Warn Frnt. bumper/Warn 8000, Kilby gas tank skid, And The Rear Bumper/Tire carrier that I built.
mrlacy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #15678
spiderman637
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Thank you krautzy. Will post pics asap. Oh and I have larry helping me, I am moe. So it's a lot of laughs the whole way through.

So today we finished the front end. The ZJ tie rod assembly. RE steering stabilizer. I now have 10.5 inches of space between my 30's and my flare in the front. 33x10.5x15 will happen when the snow starts letting up.

Drilling the holes in my frame for the track bar bracket was a doozie. Lemme tell ya.

Dismantled 90% of the rear in about an hour. The track bar and upper shock mount bolts WILL NOT BUDGE. we sprayed half a can of kroil on them and were gonna have a go again tomorrow. Much better day today. Other than my 5 trips to the local autozone.

Ps. I want to co-sign the notion that there is no set adjustment for your LCAs or UCAs. It really is a jeep by jeep basis.
PB Blaster is WAY better than Kroil! and the multiple trips to autozone always suck but they are much better when you can ride in your friends vehicle instead if trying to throw whatever you need into a backpack on your motorcycle!
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #15679
NotOfThisWorld
2006 KJ Liberty 

Drove it to work in eager anticipation of my front bumper being at my door when I get home!
Blue Jeep Club Member #151
Arizona Jeep Club Founder
NotOfThisWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #15680
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Drove it today to the college and parked on the snow pile
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #15681
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I walked past it in the garage. Tomorrow I'm going to work on it to get it ready for this weekend of wheeling. Need to replace a TRE, re seat the tires, put the 36s on the jeep, replace a dana 30 shaft with the chromo replacement, and what ever else I find that I need to do to it.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #15682
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET48 View Post
Drove it today to the college and parked on the snow pile
like the people who park their lifted truck or Jeep with one wheel on the curb... Makes me laugh when I see that... So stupid...
default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #15683
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

put my RE rear uppers and lowers on and fixed my pinion angle... now no more vibes, noises, or crazy shudder on take off! also replaced u joints
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #15684
apollojeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

today

Not much but did install my painted shackles on my front d rings. It took them a while to dry since it was so cold and damp yesterday. Then...drove it to work...not much you can do at dark-thirty AM.
apollojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #15685
cvdberg13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Replace my blower motor resistor and switch
cvdberg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #15686
apollojeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsaharatj View Post

it came out better then I expected, if you have any questions just ask, or if you want better pics, I got the idea from another forum and just modified it to my needs

as you can see (hopefully) I have my CB there with the speaker facing down, my fire extinguisher nice and accessible, flash light on top 12v is to the left along with my pocket knife and scanner

oh and my valentine radar is up there too

Did you bolt this into the holes in the roll bar And you used square tubing? Looks similar to the arizona cb mount which I was going to mimick
apollojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #15687
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollojeep View Post
Did you bolt this into the holes in the roll bar And you used square tubing? Looks similar to the arizona cb mount which I was going to mimick
nope used shelving rack, and 2 hose clamps on either ends

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #15688
Sia Bani
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yay, I can finally contribute.

I did the modification to the rubber isolators to get the 31s with greater backspacing to fit against the rear door snuggly so that they're supported and the tire carrier doesn't bounce around with the weight of the wheel/tire.

ClubSportiva.com
Sia Bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #15689
spiderman637
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanutz View Post
like the people who park their lifted truck or Jeep with one wheel on the curb... Makes me laugh when I see that... So stupid...
It's not so much about showing off as it is pissing off your superiors. They really hate it

Decided that with everyone talking about ripping off control arm mounts It wouldn't be a bad idea to take some plate steel and make reinforcement brackets to weld to the axle/ existing mounts. No to see what supplies are left over at work...
Unread 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #15690
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88 View Post
Although i am having new rocker guards being made now that are bigger i put these on this weekend and painted my gas cap cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPROBSON3 View Post
Took off all the stickers
Talk about opposites! LMAO!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.