Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
I cleaned off all of the ash that fell on it from the forest fire that's ragin nearby. I'm not sure why since more is just going to fall on it tonight and for however long it burns.Oh well.

#8 ·
2fastlx said:
i'm still trying to find the right lift. any ideas for a good short arm kit, im thinkin RE. ideas please
I just went with the 4.5 RE superflex kit but swapped out the 4.5 springs for the 3.5. Its a pretty complete kit minus the rear adj. trackbar. I havent installed it yet but Ive only heard good things about RE:)

#10 ·
Spent hours searching for the best Bestop Soft Top price!

#12 ·
put on my 35 inch trXus, ordered a currie HD steering and Alloy USA axles for the rear. All in prep for the Hemi in the next month.

#17 ·
BigWaylon said:
Is that the "after" shot?

if so...when you gonna spool it on straight?

;)

Greg
I spooled it on with only 4' in front of the Jeep and just me holding it taut so I could get it on. I did wind it several times to get it straight...row by row, but the very end has a thick blue sleeve outer layer that slips and stretches out to about 5' in addition to the red abrasion guard. It all went on perfect underneath the last few wraps :brickwall

That thicker blue sleeve gets caught on the hawse going in because it wasnt strecthed out causing it to bunch a little and get it all otta wack.

When I get out tomrorrow and can strecth it out Ill get it better I hope.

#18 ·
Parked it in the back of the shop I work out of for a week of out of town work. :(

Before I left I did measure the from the transfer case to the rear u-joint as prescribed at TomWoods web site so I can order my SYE and shaft. They take the measurement and figure the shorter tailshaft of the sye, make a driveline to fit and ship it all in one package.

Maybe I can have it by next week:thumbsup: