Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#91,084 ·
Contacted my local vendor to get the following in preparation for my 8.8 regear which I hope to start by early Jan.
4.56 R&P
Install kit
and YJ Brake lines for the HPD30 for next year.
My plan now is to try to have it all ready for April 1 to go in. I will be buying stuff every month except April. At that point I will be missing Chromoly shafts which can be swapped out at any point (most likely during the breakin fluid changes)
Between now and mid Jan I want to have HP30 finished regearing and 8.8 cleaned up and all old brackets removed.

Oh and I need to decide on what Diff cover to get for the 8.8: Riddler, Solid or Ballistic Fab. (I like the skull but I don't see a fill hole)
I'd go for the cover with the most clearance. My riddler has pretty good clearance...but I'm not sure which has the most

Sent by a messenger bird

#91,089 ·
Made a decision to highline my ccfabs 3" hoodlines.

Planning on selling my k&n CAI, installing a wind star intake, and installing hoodpins over winter break in preparation.

Waiting on my ford shock tower to come in the mail as well which is also a step towards the project.
Details? I finally decided on my tube fender design and might start them this weekend.

#91,093 ·
What I did to my TJ yesterday...

Rotated tires and put new spare into the rotation, did a complete rear brake job new shoes, cylinder, springs etc.. Bleeded the brakes added new fluid and changed the oil.

#91,095 ·
Ordered a pair of double adjustable Duroflex control arms. :bacon:

Also, my cooling fan ate my radiator on Monday, so after sitting on the interstate for an hour and a half for my girlfriend and her dad to come tow me home, I got my radiator replaced. I just bought a new fan clutch (the cause of all of this), but can't seem to find a replacement fan anywhere. Suggestions? :confused:

#91,096 ·
Awesome! How long until you are up and running? Any clue?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
If I were to bust some serious *** I might be driving it tomorrow, but I'm not going to be busting some serious *** lol :D.

I got a lot of parts to clean up and catalytic system still to arrive from rockauto. I would put a realistic expectation maybe Tuesday morning I'll be ready to take it to the dealer for final tuning on the OPDA.

#91,097 ·
Changed out the 1157 brake light bulbs in favor of a pair of 2357 bulbs. The 2357 bulbs are the same brightness in running light mode but are significantly brighter when the brakes are applied. I already replaced the bulb in the stock third brake light with a bright LED one so now they are all around the same level of brightness now with the brakes applied.

#91,100 ·
I found the source of the mysterious creaking noise!!!

The Rokmen uppers in the rear had wiggled loose a bit and were producing a god awful creaking noise on acceleration and bumps. Tightened the bolts all down and she's quiet again.

I spent all that time rebuilding the lowers when it was just a few loose bolts, not that the lowers didn't need rebuilding.

And now I'll be packing it and heading for a squeak-free ride at Uwharrie.