Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#89,681 ·
Do you have pics of how you modded your tonneau for your top straps? I just took my windows out this week; FL is now getting to good window out season & I put my bikini on this week, but would rather run my top/window less/tonneau

Sent by a messenger bird
I didn't really have to modify anything. The straps on the top fit in the channel at the same time as the tonneau cover without having to cut or modify anything. I've heard of other people modifying the tonneau or the straps, but I didn't see any need. It was a tight fit the first time, but it was in there good. My top is on now all the way around. :(

These are all good ideas. Oh & here in FL, I keep extra hats, sun glasses, & sunscreen

Sent by a messenger bird
I do have sunglasses and sunscreen in there now that I think about it. :D

#89,682 ·
I didn't really have to modify anything. The straps on the top fit in the channel at the same time as the tonneau cover without having to cut or modify anything. I've heard of other people modifying the tonneau or the straps, but I didn't see any need. It was a tight fit the first time, but it was in there good. My top is on now all the way around. :(

I do have sunglasses and sunscreen in there now that I think about it. :D
Haha, jeeps should come with an essentials kit

Cool, I'll try the top & tonneau this week
:thumbs up:

Sent by a messenger bird

#89,684 ·
View attachment 767674

Just got my plates yesterday then I get this nice surprise. This is the third ticket I have had since I've moved to Denver and it hasn't even been a year yet.
Well this makes me want to move back to the woods.
i do not have a front plate on my jeep in VA... its a secondary offense here so as long as i do not get pulled for something else i have no worries... should be moving to NC before too long where they are not required last i checked.

#89,685 ·
i do not have a front plate on my jeep in VA... its a secondary offense here so as long as i do not get pulled for something else i have no worries... should be moving to NC before too long where they are not required last i checked.
I didn't think the front plate was a secondary offense anymore. Friends in imports get pulled and ticketed for that all of the time. I took mine off about a year ago just to prove a point, and I have yet to be hassled for it (knock on wood!). It's the cars. I don't want to call it profiling, because I don't really think it is.. but their cars attract a lot of attention and a lot of it is bad attention! lol

#89,686 ·
I didn't think the front plate was a secondary offense anymore. Friends in imports get pulled and ticketed for that all of the time. I took mine off about a year ago just to prove a point, and I have yet to be hassled for it (knock on wood!). It's the cars. I don't want to call it profiling, because I don't really think it is.. but their cars attract a lot of attention and a lot of it is bad attention! lol
well i had made one of them license plate holders that clip to my winch rollers form some asshat kid broke it and stole my front plate about 18 months ago.. i replace the plate just never put it back on again.

#89,687 ·
well i had made one of them license plate holders that clip to my winch rollers form some asshat kid broke it and stole my front plate about 18 months ago.. i replace the plate just never put it back on again.
Best thing you can do is keep it in the Jeep with you at all times and if you get hassled for it, show that you have the plate on you.. Make up a story on the fly about how someone hit the front of your Jeep and broke off the hardware or something. It works. 9 times out of 10 they'll tell you just make sure you get it taken care of and go on their merry way.

#89,697 ·
Eckoh said:
Not required my friend!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum