Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#88,782 ·
Yeah I ordered my TB on Aug 31st and haven't received it yet. I did get a phone call from Will(?) about a week and a half ago just to say thanks for ordering with MC and that the TB would be out the door soon. Thought that was a cool bit of customer service...but now I'm getting anxious for the part
Patience grasshopper. Although if you catch them mid-run, they do tend to be 2-3 weeks out on any given of their offerings, I don't think I've seen horror stories of that becoming 6-8 weeks for any reason. You are in a bad spot because I think I'd seen some guys taking delivery as late as a couple weeks ago, i.e. you may have just missed the last batch :eek:

;)

#88,785 ·
Front or rear? And what size lift do you have? Im looking to put one on my 2" lift and dont know if it'll fit. Thanks
I've heard people saying it's too long on their low lifts, but it's barely short enough.for mine with just bb spacers up front. So, 1.75"/2" lift...but again, I've read people saying it was too long for their 2" lifts so idk...good luck

Sent by a messenger bird

#88,786 ·
MetalMountainGoat said:
I'm running 35s. I was on stock brakes until this upgrade and wish I had of done this sooner. Black Magic and Vanco were just way too far out of my budget and I had heard good things about centric so figured I would give them a shot.
Yeah Vanco is what I want, im going to upgrade axles, steering, brakes to run 35's, but axles are whats gonna kill me money wise. Might not be able to get Vanco brakes.

#88,787 ·
Yeah Vanco is what I want, im going to upgrade axles, steering, brakes to run 35's, but axles are whats gonna kill me money wise. Might not be able to get Vanco brakes.
If you can't afford the whole kit, the black magic pads are a good place to start. Jmo.

#88,788 ·
Okay this update mostly for Blaine...

Drove without passenger, all is well with regards to steering. Still going to center my front axle, and need to work towards centering the rear, but that'll be a little longer term, I'm afraid.

What I did notice is this...after having set my caster to 6* without specific regard to pinion, I now notice what feels like driveline vibe in the steering wheel, so next I need to set pinion without regard for caster. This was not noticed with passenger weight, and I can imagine that is reasonable if I am toeing the line on pinion.

I do believe that now my tires are balanced to zero, and a fresh and strong stabilizer, I'm ready to take the chance with less caster.

So I think that aside from the pinion seals I really need to get on, adjusting front pinion first, need to get at very least some adjustable uppers in the rear to dial in that pinion as well, as it's certainly off slightly due to MML, and I do have a wobble in the driveline at certain speeds and initial acceleration as well.

We'll have to see how money goes...would like to get currie lowers for the rear as well. Then take the time to work out the rear trackbar.

If I make it to that point, the only thing left will be SYE and TT. Man that would be something. Feels weird to be seeing faint light at the end of the long tunnel :D

#88,798 ·
Mr_Speakeasy said:
What? How do you figure?
As said above I am in the led market

Sorry to burst your bubble but its not a rigid

The lens, housing,reflectors and just overall appearance clearly gives it away. Rigids look nothing like that

Not to say that it's not a good and bright light cuz it is. And has Cree led's. But it's not a rigid