what brand of suspension lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what brand of suspension lift?

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-18-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
BiG gReEn97

what brand of suspension lift?

i have a 97 jeep wrangler and i am looking for a suspension lift. I am thinking about a 4 inch pro comp lift. i dont know if they are any good. If there is anyother other type of lift that is better and not that expensive please tell me.

BiG gReEn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Jeepchik
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the pro-comp 2" lift and I love it.....alot of people think the shocks are to stiff but I don't have any problem with them
Green Jeep Club Member #1
Jeepchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2002, 08:30 PM   #3
Cortese14

i have the pro comp 4 inch kit and i love it
i also got the tera disconnects for cheap and the help a ton. i would reccomend this for you .

CORTESE
Unread 08-18-2002, 08:33 PM   #4
BiG gReEn97

thank you guys i think i am going for the 4 inch pro comp lift. how much did you have to pay for the 4 inch lift
Unread 08-18-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

When you say not expensive, you may want to rethink about the 4" kit. There's a sizeable difference between the 3 and 4" that requires a healthy wallet. Dunno how much you were willing to spend.. but this is why.

A 3" generally does a coil replacement, Shocks, and a T-case drop. Sometimes a pitman arm. Complete lift can be done for about $500 out of the box.

At 4", everything listed above plus.. new arms, SYE, driveshafts, extended brakelines, ext pitman arm, longer trackbar, and a slew of aftermarket stickers. This can range from $1000-$2000. Depends on how much you actually purchase and how much you do yourself. And then there's the tires... because of the lift.

There are always scenerios when you don't absolutely use everything like I listed, but it sure helps. Some kits are complete and include everything, others you need to piece together. Hope this helps...
Unread 08-18-2002, 08:44 PM   #6
Jeepchik
2003 TJ Wrangler 

www.SummitTruckStyle.com has the pro-comp stage 2 4"lift with shocks for 899.95 you can try www.4wheelparts.com they sell alot of pro-comp
Unread 08-18-2002, 10:53 PM   #7
Diggin'Taters
2004 WJ 

www.followmyrutz.com has a lot of pro comp stuff at decent prices. They also sell lift/wheel/tire packages. so you could knock it all out at once
USAF Jeep Club Member #14
White Jeep Club Founder Member #1
REDNECK JEEP CLUB Member #1.1 and President!
Medical Cannabis Jeep club (I know I'm not the only member)
Diggin'Taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #8
Bob J

like K9 said there's a big jump between 3" and 4" lift kits, if you want to save some money, something else to think about is a 3" suspension lift, and a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift.

It will get you the 4", plus help with driveline vibes so you may not need a t-case drop.

If you want really cheap, maybe a 2" spacer lift and a 2" body lift.

For brands I personally like RE, very complete kits, however they are as expensive as they come.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #9
BiG gReEn97

bob j where can i get the 3" suspension lift, and a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift. If i gety this i will not need the t-case drop. How much money do you think it will costy
Unread 08-19-2002, 07:33 PM   #10
BiG gReEn97

bob j where can i get the 3" suspension lift, and a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift. If i gety this i will not need the t-case drop. How much money do you think it will cost
Unread 08-19-2002, 07:41 PM   #11
'drack

What size tire are ya looking at running? With the 3" susp. and 1" body combo, 33's will clear easily. If you're not planning on going that large, don't waste your money on a really big kit. The motor mount lift should eliminate the need for a tcase drop. If you still do have vibes though, a couple washers in between the frame and the skid'll get rid of them. Is the street ride important to ya or is this gonna see limited asphalt use? There's a ton of different scenarios for a ton of different Jeeps. You seem to be narrowing it down a bit now, just add a couple more details and we'll be able to shoot our opinions further .

Keith
Unread 08-19-2002, 08:02 PM   #12
Bob J

3" suspension lifts cost anywhere from around $700 - $1600, RE is the brand I like, but that's the upper range, I never looked at the cheap kits so I don't know who makes them

For the 1" BL/MML I would recommend M.O.R.E.
I bought it directly from their site, I got the body lift system and 1" motor mounts for just over $300, if you don't feel a need to replace the stock bushings on the body mounts getting the basic BL kit will knock $100 off that.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com

Like 'drack said, it should stop the driveline vibe problem, but every Jeep is different and there's no way to guarentee it.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2002, 05:55 PM   #13
BiG gReEn97

i am looking at the 33/12.50 BFGoodrich M/T tires. I already have 30/9.50 BFGoodrich A/T tires and they are good
Unread 08-26-2002, 05:58 PM   #14
BiG gReEn97

i like the pro comp lifts. My friend has one on his explorer and i love it. I really dont care how the driving is on the road as long as it wont jurk back and forth. I will be fine with a little movement. All it has to do is get me to school and back to school and to my job.
Unread 08-26-2002, 06:10 PM   #15
Jeepchik
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The ride with my pro-comp lift is good.....onroad and off It is a little stiffer than some of the others but not anything I really mind, I like the way the ride feels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.